Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2014 edited

HAH our rent is 420. No spaces opening, though.

I have nothing of value to add to this thread right now."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

** 1-2 openings at tiny haus in jp. may 1. **
    Nuggetross:** 1-2 openings at tiny haus in jp. may 1. **

wtf do you mean, who's moving out'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2014

jess/joy are moving out. i'm thinking about moving.
    ahh. get back to me and lets talk, if everyone is cool with it that might be a perfect opportunity for me to get the fuck out of my situation.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014

dang
    Friend's sister is looking for housing for June - Brookline, Cambridge or Somerville officially, should consider Allston if you ask me. I hear she's a great dish washer.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2014

Does your "friend" ride a tiny purple single speed?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I do not have a sisteri mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2014 edited

My roommate is looking to sublet her space while she's gone for the summer, starting ~May 1.

We have the top two floors of a tripledecker in Ball Square in Somerville. Tons of space, garage to lock bikes in. We keep the place clean and quiet and need someone who will do the same. We all get along really well. No meat cooking in the house but if you want to keep/eat tuna or chicken nuggets or whatever that's fine.

Roommate says she wants to rent it for 4 months, which seems like it'll go through the end of September, but I'm not even positive she'll renew the lease in September so it's possible you could jump on. I can ask if you're looking for long term. Should be ~$600, but I can get specifics if anyone's interested (she only mentioned it to me in passing today).I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014

ROOM SUBLET AVAILABLE FOR RENT

$500/month MAY 1-AUG 31 2014. Brookline, Washington Square.
    A roomie got a job on the Cape for the summer so we're looking to fill an open room. There are 4 other roommates, all professionals / grad-level students. Some bike storage available. The room would be unfurnished (maybe a bookcase/end table available).
    A bit about the house --- we all enjoy a "home" oriented lifestyle. We frequently cook, share and spend time in the kitchen. Big parties are rare and we don't like one bringing their five friends home from the bar at 2am to "hang out" and "crash". There's always people waking up early for work/classes and going to bed around 11ish.
    We like to keep the place neat and tidy, not scrubbed shiny, but dishes are the enemy.We all pitch in with chores and buying communal stuffs. We're looking for someone who will fit in with this.
    Of course, we love beer and socializing, but we are past the rage daze. We have a record player that's frequently on, a back porch and some instruments.
    Clothes washer in the basement. The dryer is broken -- most of us hang our clothes to dry or use the laundry mat up the street.
    Utilities are cheap ~ $25 a month on average probably. The elec/gas/internet bills are staggered, so we rarely pay them all at the same time. No pets, no constant boyfriends/girlfriends staying over. 420 is fine
    We are communicative roommates -- if there's a probably we want to discuss it. Save the drama for your mama and check your passive aggression at the door.
    The location is great -- across the street from The Publick House, next to The Abbey, around the corner from 7-11, liquor stores, Star Market. Up the street from Whole Foods and Brookline Library. 5 minute bike ride to Coolidge Corner or Cleveland Circle.
    The option is resign in sept is NOT guaranteed -- this can be discussed.
    Last minute changes always cause stress, but we'd love to help someone out looking for a change. PM for more details to stop by meet us etc.
    cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014

~~tiny haus (jp) may still have an opening in may.~~
    would anyone have any interest in going in on a 2 bedroom with me for september? Ideally looking in either JP, Cambridge, or Somerville. Ive been find a few pretty nice two bedrooms around but can't really think of anyone who would put up with my bike shit. Must like cats. Hoping to get someone to who can afford like 800-900 a month. Lemme know!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I was ALL YES YES YES OMG and then I remembered I was allergic to cats :( :( :(

I do LIKE cats...i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    tinyhonkshus:I was ALL YES YES YES OMG and then I remembered I was allergic to cats :( :( :(

I do LIKE cats...

wahhh, i wish there was a way around allergies. Id say he would be okay but he insists on cuddling everyone and everything.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    I would definitely be willing to like, stick my face in some cat belly and see if I'm allergic to a particular fellow, but I feel like it'd be unfair to you to risk me one day being like "I DINK I'B ACTUABY ALLERDIC" and have to move outi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2014

i kind of got over my cat allergy...if i ever really had one. i just have to avoid touching mah face.
    ^ditto
    itchy beard/nose/eyes are all i get now vs asthma and hives of years pastsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    omg that would be my dreamYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2014

•  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Who's moving?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

joy/jess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2014

My landlord told us yesterday he's selling his house, so my two roommates and I need a place, preferably one that would accommodate all of us but we are open to splitting up (my roomies are a couple, and would prefer two rooms but would be okay with one). We got catz. We don't know how long we have until we're kicked out, but we are still looking to get this figured out as soon as possible.

If you don't know me, I like cats and bikes and work at the BSO. My roommates are Ashley P. and Adam B., who are rad. Ashley is a biologist and Adam co-owns Right Coast Courier. They both like bikes and beer. I don't know what else to say. I just want a place. Help!!!
    Are you month-to-month? Even if they sell, the new landlord has to honor the lease if you have one.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2014

^What he said. Here's more info that might be helpful.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

I am not on a lease unfortunately.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Davis' b-hole is partially open"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2014 edited

Anyone still looking for a place, or have space opening up? My lease is up at the end of June. I'd like to find a place for July or Aug 1, but could also deal with a Sept 1 move in and then I'd figure something else out for the summer. I'd prefer to live in Somerville but would consider Brighton, Brookline, Allston and maybe JP. No cats cause I'm allergic. Price range - $600-800.

I'd rather find someone (or someones) who also like bikes than random CLers so let me know if you are looking!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2014

YAY we found a place to live, and we need an additional roommate!

Deetz: Jamaica Plain (above the Lucy Parsons Center!), $520 a month, small room. The move-in date is flexible but preference will be given to someone who can move July 1st, which is when the lease starts. There will be 5 people roommates including you, and 3 kitty roommates (sorry, no more free-roaming critters). The people are me, Adam B. and Ashley P. (I currently live with these dudes and they rule) and Lexy A. is joining us and she is awesome too. The space is on the smaller side for 5 people, but it's still nice, plus there is laundry in the kitchen, and a really sweet porch.

Because there are 5 people, we are hoping to find someone who can commit to keeping common areas clean. We also want someone who doesn't have a stick up their butt and can hang out and have fun and stuff (respectfully, of course). We are hoping to find a dude to balance things out gender-wise, but this is less important than other stuff. Yep.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Wait, 5 people and the small room is still $520? Damn, our mortgage on a whole house in Roslindale is cheaper than that. We actually bought a house because it was too expensive to rent!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

Hooray for finding a place! Turns out I'm probably staying where I am and finding a roommate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel

Renting indeed sucks, and Boston is an expensive place to rent at.
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2014 edited

I thought I had found a roommate and then it fell through, so now I'm back to looking. Apt is a 2 bedroom in East Somerville, a mile outside Union sq. Rent is $600/mo, utils between 50-100. Lease starts Jul 1. Apt is fully furnished with the exception the open bedroom. Let me know if you want more details!
    Alright, trying this again in hopes September things might be coming up. Looking for a place, preferably a 2 or 3 bed in jp, Somerville, or Cambridge. I have 5 bikes and one socially inclined cat who is a sweetheart. I work a 9-5 and craft a lot. I travel for work a good amount. My price range tops out at $900 a month. I don't do drugs or smoke anything and would like to live with someone who also did not partake in the reefer or drugs. At least not in the house. Get at me, bros.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorerie
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014

We have a one bedroom apartment (kind of) on the third floor of our Medford house and are looking for 7/1. 850 plus utilities. Bedroom, kitchen, and living room; you only have to share one of our bathrooms. There's three of us on the first two floors, and two dogs, including Aslan The Lion (my corgi). Good spot for someone who wants their own space.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2014

Damn, that's pretty tempting. Do you guys have a basement and laundry, too?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    erie:We have a one bedroom apartment (kind of) on the third floor of our Medford house and are looking for 7/1. 850 plus utilities. Bedroom, kitchen, and living room; you only have to share one of our bathrooms. There's three of us on the first two floors, and two dogs, including Aslan The Lion (my corgi). Good spot for someone who wants their own space.

where in medford is it? I can't get too far out of the city but that sounds pretty amazing.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2014 edited

If you move to Medford or live there already, I will personally get you one of the new Medford bike stickers!

ETA: or if you work there or have some affinity for the town or just like the sticker and will display it, whisper me.We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2014

The kells is on a roommate search for August or September. Plenty of bike storage, big house, rad folks, rent under $500, washer/dryer, backyard, bike shop, horse mask, cat man, fountain of youth in the basement
    Live in Paul's old room with dora, myself, josh truant, and one other
    • CommentAuthorerie
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2014

rock dathe:The kells is on a roommate search for August or September. Plenty of bike storage, big house, rad folks, rent under $500, washer/dryer, backyard, bike shop, horse mask, cat man, fountain of youth in the basement

Room for a corgi? I'd be interested. .
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014

The Kells is still looking for a permanent roommate, but also potentially looking for a subletter for August
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

rock dathe:

we're all splitting paul's room to make space for more bikesMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    dora:
    rock dathe:

we're cloning paul from the DNA we found ALL OVER his room to make another paul
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

wait you're the paul from the kells?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2014

Check with some of the folks from tinyhaus, I heard they were getting evicted due to illegal zoning in their back yard."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    6kidz:Check with some of the folks from tinyhaus, I heard they were getting evicted due to illegal zoning in their back yard.

wtf does that even mean?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Something about the grass seed they used in the back yard, it was leeching nitrogen I think, something to do with the lease?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I'm no lawyer but that sounds like utter bullshit.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014

Correct."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2014

Are you just being a wiseacre or are people actually being evicted? Because eviction is not so easy to do in Massachusetts; evictions have to be court approved. They shouldn't just believe what the landlord claims. Read this.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)