Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009

Added pictures to my post if anyone knows of any Nov. 1 apt seekers."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009

no worries. I'll run it by you! We'll work out a good time"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2009

I might have a place for two people in somerville, but you have to be cool cause it is above me and I don't want no fucking assholes living above me...anyone interested? I have no idea what the rent is but if it set up like mine it is about 475ish a month for two people (475sh each), and it will be empty soon, so you can bring a friend...anyone interested whisper me.this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009

looking for jan 1st brighton/allston/brookline/cambridge. <$700/monthnot another pitcher!
    • CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009 edited

check 9 harvard terrace, off of Harvard ave, just past the Common Ground. Talk to John the greek, who owns the place. The guys who live in the basement (Giovanni) are cool kids who'll hook you up, as Geo's the super right now. Tell 'em Will who used to live in the basement said hey, and shit should be good. From what I understand, all apt's are 3 people, ~$700 each, and LARGE.

edit; also, the landlord's a pushover, he'd easily settle for six.I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    • CommentAuthorbrittle

hey everbody i gots a friend who is moving back to boston from LA starting january 1... he needs a place, boston side of the river, any price range. let me know if anythin is around?disco visp
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

yo doods im gonna be moving out of my apt the end of december. in lower allston on n harvard next to bicycle bills. so it would be from january 1st-august 31. $600/month + FREE LAUNDRY in the basement. come live here.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009

i need a place for mid-december or january 1st if it's easier. in a perfect world, it would be cheap (<$400), no lease, no deposit, but i know that's almost impossible to find so i am willing to compromise.

my email is tinhatsradiohour, gmail.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2009

I could use the same! seriously..
    • CommentAuthorblackmass
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited

I'm looking for a place in jamaica plain or anywhere off the orange line for that matter starting january 1.
    i'm hoping to find something around ~$700 obviously the cheaper the better though, but pretty much anything is workable!

If anyone knows of anything whisper me or post on here, any help is appreciated! Thanks.
    hey i'll be moving out of my place on mission hill (hillside st) december 1st. if anyone needs a place to live, let me know. you'd be living with jen (dirtybird) and another girl (becky, who no one here has met). you need to not be a douchebag. rent is $565/month, utilities not included. it's a fairly large place and will accommodate up to 8 (or so) bikes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009

re-doing my old post...

ill be moving to texas and i will be needing someone to take my room from january 1st to may 1st. $600 a month. Lower allston. right next to bicycle bills. private parking lot. FREE laundry in the basement. everything is pretty new in the apartment. wood floors. i will leave the room furnished so you wont have to move any furniture in. ill prob leave my tv in there too. youll be living with cdrebel and this other kid mike. cool guys. get at me if youre interested. maybe we can work something out...MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009

grev:looking for jan 1st brighton/allston/brookline/cambridge. <$700/month
    not another pitcher!
    One of my roommates is probably moving out March 1st, but she hasn't cleared it with the landlord yet. I'll keep y'all in the loop, $550 + utilities, Brighton Center.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorbrittle
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009

grev move into dave's house. duh.disco visp
    hayyy kick ass...didn't know this was here. Anyway...

We've got a room to rent in a 4br 1 bath 2 floor apt out in slumberville. Equidistant from porter and davis sqs. Dishwasher, gas stove, porchy-like area, wood floors but no washer/dryer. Oh and we are on the messy side. Rent is 500/mo + utils, 450 security. Immediate availability, lease runs until august.

Does it sweeten the pot if I add that I have bike tools, a truing stand, a repair stand, and lots of other random parts and shit?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorstingobango
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2009 edited

Now with pictures!
    Our apartment

My roommate Jon and I have an opening in our three bedroom apartment in Lower Allston, on Haskell St, near Bicycle Bills. Available ASAP

A bit about the apartment:
    We both bike a ton, and throughout the apartment there is ample storage for 6 bikes. There’d be room for a prospective roommate to bring two bikes probably, maybe more with some creativity. The apartment is fully furnished, so you’d really only need to bring stuff for your room. There is limited storage space, though. We pay $1625 +util, and since the open room is a bit smaller, we could split it 500/562/562 or something. We have wireless but no cable. We have a little portable washing machine that suffices quite well, though there’s a laundromat in the neighborhood. We’re on the second floor of a triple decker (there’s also a basement apartment). The front porch is probably the best thing about the apartment; it’s not huge but its a great place to be when the weather’s nice. We have lots of plants throughout the place

A bit about us:
    We’re both 24, I work as a case manager at Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program and Jon works as a family support worker for Riverside Community Care. We’ve been living together for 2 years, with a different third person each year. We do a whole lot of cooking and probably spend most of our time in the kitchen. On Sunday nights we listen to Musical Dope on wmbr which we highly recommend (you can stream archives of it). Anyway, we’re pretty easy going and laid back. We try to keep the apartment clean, but there’s usually some base level of clutter. We’re both pretty thoughtful generally speaking. I’m pretty quiet/shy, but enjoy the occasional adventure. Jon’s pretty talkative, but a great listener as well, and a creative thinker. To get a sense of our tastes, our favorite bars are Washington Square Tavern, River Gods and Deep Ellum, though we have been known to go out dancing at times in our day. Community is important to us, and we try to live in a way that fosters that, so someone who spends all their time in their room would probably not do well here (we’ve had a subletter like that).

If you’re interested or have questions contact me and/or Jon: prstango@gmail.com jmbarry07@gmail.comI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

FWIW, Jon is a nice guy. I'm sorry I don't know you stingo, but I've met Jon a bunch of times through mutual friends at BC and he's quite chill. Hopefully that bit of encouragement helps someone take a look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited

i'm looking for a sublet for a few months or maybe even until august. a studio or a bedroom in a multiple is fine. i'm gay for bikes but allergic to cats :( e-mail me at optimus.crack@gmail.com
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2010

stingobango:

To get a sense of our tastes, our favorite bars are Washington Square Tavern,

The old bike on the wall is the highlight.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

I am looking to start a group house this summer. The idea
    is not just to have a house with roommates, but to have a community.
    That is, having the people in the house share meals, skills, tools,
    and ideas. Location/rent/et cetera is TBD. The idea is to start to
    get people together now and start making a plan together. Me? I am a
    teacher. I run and write and ride a bicycle. Write back if you are
    interested.Lone Wolf Running Club
    ^who are you?

I like the idea.polo
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

My name is Rue. I have lived in Boston for ten years, ride my bike, teach, run, etc. I've lived in a lot of group houses before, many of which turned into disasters due to lack of foresight, planning, etc. The idea is to gather people with lots of different skills, tools, etc., and then be productive, learn from each other, and raise hell. Looking to move this summer sometime.Lone Wolf Running Club
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I'd come up with a different name for it other than group house.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthor!link

mrotown:I'd come up with a different name for it other than group house.

co-op?anemones? I thought you said 'an enemies'.
    • CommentAuthorgc

group sex house imo.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorelraton

shipwreck?
    shit shack?
    rat's nest?

co-op.Lone Wolf Running Club
    • CommentAuthorbenks!

room available in a vegan collective house in brighton for a few months. 3 floors, 6 bedrooms, lots of common space and room for bikes, cheap rent... whisper or email me for more details! mbenkley@gmail.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

what do you friendly open minded liberal types think about living with a non-vegan, politically incorrect, heterosexual, male???
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010

Heterosexual?
    shenanigans (36 of 36)mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    oh my god. my eyes need to be washed now.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Roommate officially bailing February 1st. $550 + utilities, Brighton Center, many of you have been in this apt, pretty solid, right?

One of your roommates will be an alcoholic, but he mostly keeps to himself.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    thanks, james, my mom came upstairs as I opened this thread.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010

tinyhonkshus:One of your roommates will be an alcoholic, but she mostly keeps to herself and yells about random things online.

As the kids say: ftfy.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

what's ftfy mean??? i don't get itMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    joeyfresh:
    tinyhonkshus:One of your roommates will be an alcoholic, but she mostly keeps to herself and yells about random things online.

As the kids say: ftfy.

lulz and all, but did you not meet my ACTUAL alcoholic roommate?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

dora: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ftfy
    Urban dictionary is your friend :)
    (Also: fwiw = for what it's worth)

t-honks: No, I met Jaime- who was great- but I don't think I met the one you're referring to.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2010 edited

.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthormikearthur
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

need place to live ASAP

my girlfriend, our friendly dog, and i are looking for a place to live. i work downtown, she works at jp licks, and our dog is the man. we like bikes aduh, records, pizza, its always sunny in philadelphia, beer, dirty pop punk, and talking shit. we also enjoy reading, making delicious food, staying in and laying low. you will get the best of both worlds.

phone numbers 781-820-5818, call it over messaging melive free or die
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010 edited

Bach~ez:Heterosexual?
    shenanigans (36 of 36)

priceless

edit: arousing?I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Imagine that, a thread where you can post about your housing and not get stinkied...whodathunkit?

There has been some backage out by interested parties at my apartment, so I'd like to hear from anyone still interested. Brighton Center, $550 + utils (about $100), nice room with big windows, comes with a storage room because it doesn't have a closet. Close to the green line (B) and the 57 bus, should you wish to refer a ped friend (no pedo friends, though, please). Move-in Feb 1st. Roommates are me and two guys in their 30s who keep to themselves more than anyone I've ever met. One is really friendly and helpful, the other sleeps 18 hours a day. There is a giant projector TV in the living room that will blow your mind.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010 edited

sold.enjoy two cosmetics
    wtf, now I want to move to ggreggg's...i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010

So Buckley and I are still looking for a roommate. $433 a month, plus utilities. Somerville. Be there. Or not. You don't know me, but you know Buckley. Give him a call.I prefer 49x16
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited

Looking for a new place to live, ASAP.

Willing to share a room, but would really prefer my own room (don't care how tiny it is).

If you've got a space, please let me know and we can talk about whether I'd be a good fit or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2010 edited

[edit: irrelevant]
    dora:what's ftfy mean??? i don't get it

I thought it meant "fuck that & fuck you" for the longest time.

Looking to leave Quincy:

Me and girlfriend and a rat-dog hybrid. Would like to share a room under 650 a month. Don't mind most people as long as they don't lecture us about how "screaming isn't music" without provocation. Somerville area would be nice. Any info on cheap places anywhere else is appreciated, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010

so I seem to have missed the boat on Basso's offer..

anyone have something for under or around $500 with no deposit or maybe a deposit than can be spread out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010 edited

best house of your life:

$305/month. cheap utilities. free groceries.
    large 3 story house with 6 other rad bike people.
    either a small private room or a huge shared bedroom. the shared bedroom is definitely bigger than your living room.
    sweet shared book/record/zine library.
    free food and a hot family meal cooked every evening.
    bike shop in basement with tons of parts/tools/loaner bikes.
    it's near beautiful brighton center and makes you closer to diskovery than you are now.

here's the thing:
    it's a collective house that's run according to the consensus process and anarchist ideals. we try to dumpster or steal most/all of our food and consume as little as possible. we share all consumables and house responsibilities. we keep it vegan. we have created a really rad community here and we want a community member and not just a housemate.

if you're rad then get at me. march 1st
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010 edited

^^I'm moving out of this house and you would be the replacement for me. In addition to the $305/month rent, you'd have to pay me $345 upon moving in to cover "last month's rent" (may 2010).