Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009

Saw this a while back on the NYC forums and thought it was cute and yummy. So since our events most of the time involve eating.. why not talk about it?

(also this way you reasons why you're taking a photo of your food with your cellphone)

Tonight
    I might make some BBQ burgers.. Homemade beef patties + mushrooms and BBQ sauce.
    (either tonight or tomorrow.. depending where I am tonight)

I also have a ton of the burger patties so if anyone wants to come over and eat for frees... Hit me up!
    beer steamed mussels with pomme fritesTake-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorlissaandy

^^ with gravy fries?fuck art, let's ride bikes
    last night my roommate and i made vegetarian gumbo and pan fried catfish.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthor.

Alexi Gigantic II:beer steamed mussels with pomme frites

share? esp if they are gravy fries?

and!!!! I have 2 steaks in my freezer.. i don't like keeping meat frozen for long so anyone want to eat the 2nd steak with me? you just supply the beers/wine
    kirstencupcake:

share? esp if they are gravy fries?

no gravy fries :( also only have 2 pounds of mussels, so no sharing. we could do a pot luck soon howeverTake-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthor.

^ good idea. I think we should!

i was gonna say "publick house?" but you're making them? right on.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    tacos!!!!!!!!!never say die
    • CommentAuthorgrev

kirstencupcake:and!!!! I have 2 steaks in my freezer.. i don't like keeping meat frozen for long so anyone want to eat the 2nd steak with me? you just supply the beers/wine

i will happily eat your steak.not another pitcher!
    • CommentAuthor.

^Somebody make me one of those, veggie-stylie!Word nerd
    • CommentAuthor.

I have a lot of veggie burgers that I dont want anymore...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

conor!:last night my roommate and i made vegetarian gumbo and pan fried catfish.
    Vegetarian pan fried catfish? I'm intrigued.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^no, i think they're just being pescatarians.

i'll be making breaded eggplant, garlic bread, and pasta tonight.
    ^bingo.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I be eating whatever Julie feels like cooking. Not that I make her cook for me, or that I don't wanna cook. She just hates doing dishes more than I do. House rule is whomever cooks doesn't do dishes. My poor dishpan hands.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i am eating b.good since they extended that family thing for one more week (tonight is the last night)

also i am lazy.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2009 edited

snow ice cream!!!

and quail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

toast + nutritional yeast + sprouted green lentils sandwiches. walnuts. green smoothie made from 2 bags of various greens/salad stuff, a little carton of orange juice, and a banana.
    ^^I used to love quail. Esp wrapped in bacon with some jalapeno peper.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i love the contrast between ^^ and ^DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

stir fried rice with asparagus, red bell pepper, beans, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, and sharp cheddar cheese and soyriso. with apple crisp my roomate made for desert!this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

starbucks food, for the 3rd night in a row.. yay free food, BOOOO BEING BROKE!
    • CommentAuthor.

so i failed and got spice and rice
    but oh so yummy
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009

my meal was delicious. i also garlic steamed some asparagus. i got too much eggplant, though, so i might make some sort of grilled zucchini/eggplant thing later in the week. i also got a butternut squash, i'm going to roast that with potatoes and broccoli and make some chickpea cutlets on saturday with that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

homefried curry sweet potatoes, omelet w/cheese, collard greens and broccoli with garlic and lemon.
    Made enough of everything but the omelet that i have leftovers for tonight.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorcyrsir51

hamburger helper
    • CommentAuthor.

leftover spice and riceeee MMMMMMM
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2009 edited

vegetable soup, fried potatoes with a billion herbs and spices, toast, green smoothie with 1.5 bags of spinach and red something + 2 bananas + 1 thing of oj + 2 red apples + 1 tiny clementine. 100% free except for the nutritional yeast i put on the potatoes, and the spices and stuff that were here when we moved in.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

chris, you a freegan now?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

yeah, the three of us in my apartment haven't bought food since we moved in together in early January.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

damn, boy, where you been dumpstering?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

health food stores, juice distribution centers, and supermarkets without compactors primarily. We have one place where we get like 90+% of our food, but there are many good spots out there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMAC

Making Garlic and Herb potatoes tonight with rotisserie chicken and a salad tonight for the roommies.... mmm
    • CommentAuthortristan

Sandwich with heady mayo.

Heady mayo recipe - mayo, fresh basil (lots), salt, pepper, and a liiiiitle bit of fresh cilantro.

The heady mayo also goes well with steak, if you've got some thin cuts.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

...why's it called "heady mayo"?
    • CommentAuthor.

I wish i liked cilantro.. cause that sounds good
    • CommentAuthortristan

Its called heady mayo, because I lived in vermont for the past number of years, where we called anything wonderful, delectable, and delicious "heady."
    Also, Heady: \?he-d?\ - tending to intoxicate or make giddy or elated

I left out one of the key ingredients (of course...), which is a bit of garlic. Throw it all in a food processor to mix it up proper.

Kirstencupcake - its pretty deelish without the cilantro, I like it cause it adds a kick and gives a distinct taste.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    yesss i make heady pasta sauce! (named by sladers)YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Black Bean quesadillas
    with pork chop bits (yay for leftovers)
    This is gonna be fucking gooddongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthortristan

banana truffles knows what im talkin bout.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

I've been reading fixed.gr/nyc and they tell me freegans are dirty bastards...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

No, just pretentious self-indulgent twats.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

true..
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

zomar we should go out some night cause I would love to start getting back into dumpstering large amounts of my food.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

Ramen. All day, every day.
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2009

Burger with mushrooms and bbq sauce
    I didnt get to make it earlier this week.

tomorrow will be SUPER awesome though.
    cute dinner involving chicken breasts stuffed with herbs, spices and lemon stilton, with mashed potatoes on the side and carrotssssss
    i need something else though. hmm
    Swedish Meatballs, Egg Noodles, and Red Potatoes with Dill
    pasta in a (homemade) pesto sauce with mushrooms and garlic. and of course our meals always have an accompanying beer, Birra Moretti. I am contemplating making cupcakes... but i may be too lazy for that tonight.never say die