Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011

You have awful grammar, too. Fuck off.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2011

bikehost77:
    Buckley cares!

Can't tell if epic troll or just ridiculously misinformed. Either way, gotta say this line is hilarious.unstuck in time
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D

west.:
    bikehost77:
    Buckley cares!

Can't tell if epic troll or just ridiculously misinformed. Either way, gotta say this line is hilarious.
    Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    also, I saw an infographic one time that basically showed that if you go back as little as 600 years, we're all related to each other twice.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    shakespeare was all about the incestsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2011

bikehost77:My family tree dates back in Quincy to 1860. I rather live here than live in some parts of Boston. It's not far from Boston, parking is easy to find, no sticker needed, subway, punk/hardcore shows every weekend almost, beaches that smell, old ships, quarries, trails, and highways... Not that bad, come on..
    You have drug addicts almost everywhere you go in and outside of Boston and shady people. There shit all stinks too.
    Or it's yuppies, college kids, hipsters, and hippies... I don't think they're any better..

All the good shit Bh77 says about Quincy is spot on.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    .Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011

Anyone want to be the office manager at Ciclismo Classico? I'd apply if I weren't about to start school.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ofc/2741169009.html"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011

surprisefries:

hahahaMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2012 edited

this place has a lot of openings, HUGE.
    seems pretty freaking awesome. they allow pets in the work place.

a look inside
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012

I'm looking for administrative assistant/office manager positions if anyone knows of anything.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortristan

I dunno, but we're looking for another software developer (LAMP) if anyone has interest.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    ben:I'm looking for administrative assistant/office manager positions if anyone knows of anything.
    I'll have Erin check to see if there are any positions like that open at Dana Farber.
    • CommentAuthorben

Thanks!I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Do you want to be an art model at BU?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz

^those jobs pay big bucksroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2012 edited

I assume he'd have to show his Snoopy and Woodstock, right?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Roz:^those jobs pay big bucks

truth. A hundred bucks for sitting still for two hoursNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012

Have you ever taken a drawing class? The good models don't just sit there for two hours. Most from my art school days seemed to be current or former dancers.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I actually modeled for a couple art classes a couple years back, I was oversimplifying it. It's way harder than it looks.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    was that when you had your fabio goldielocks hair?
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    It really depends on the class. I have literally laid down and fallen asleep for an hour and a half. Other more beginner classes have you change positions every 3 min, use props, will change up the lighting. I eventually had to stop because my heart problem got in the way, possibly because of the lights. And yes, you do have to get naked. And no, no one gives a fuck. A naked body in an art class is pretty uninteresting. The less experienced people are getting yelled at because they set up their easel wrong and the more experienced people are thinking about their "vision" for this next piece.

I have never gotten a job that paid $100 for 2 hours, where was that Craig? The most I got was $18/hr at UVM. Everyone is paying less and less these days, it seems.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2012

I could make that temping. And play on the internet for at least some of that time.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    yes it was when I had long hair. it was for a guy in allston who did weekly drawing get-togethers for pretty much anyone. Clark used to come quite a bit. There'd be 10-20 people each class and basically everyone chipped in 5-10 bucks and I got half of it. I think he moved to portland last year, unfortunately.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012

Was he a creepy painter guy who was possibly into guys like you?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2012

Wait, does that mean Clark has drawings of your junk? Art!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    heyy everyone on the internet:
    is any job out there hiring?
    ideally i'm looking for part-time work, weekday mornings. something that isn't being outdoors all day, not too physical demanding, and preferably somewhat understandable of all my various doctors appointments (which i could probably shift around to a certain degree). at this point i'd even be ok with minimum-wage since i'm running out of bike stuff to sell to keep bills paid. just a few hours a week would be awesome.
    FWIW IBC is likely hiring or getting ready to, as I'm only pulling a weekend day here and there since I got my new Job.

Also for those in the research/public health fields:

Cambridge Health Alliance - CARS Program - Research Coordinator
    Boston University Medical Center - IRB - Data Analyst
    Children's Hospital Boston - SCAMPS Program - Research Analyst

GL dude.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012 edited

So, I'm about to graduate...

What kind of jobs are available for a person with a double major in Neurobiology and English Lit and a good amount of sciency-research experience.

I really don't want to work in a lab... but kind of drawing a blank here and getting panicky about my financial situation in the future.

Thoughts?

Maybe this should go into Dumb Questions.unstuck in time
    sciency-research wet lab or sciency-research paper research or sciency-research chattin' people up? Also, paging UN mauspad.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012

bicycle messenger.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorpaul jameson
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012 edited

also "writer" (read: drunk)

you looking for work in Boston?You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

tinyhonkshus:sciency-research wet lab or sciency-research paper research or sciency-research chattin' people up? Also, paging UN mauspad.

I'll pass the message onto my girlfriend.

and Anyone need anything designed or put online? I need work. Products, papers, presentations, business cards, websites, etc.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthorMJ

tinyhonkshus:sciency-research wet lab or sciency-research paper research or sciency-research chattin' people up? Also, paging UN mauspad.

Slightly interested in sciency-research myself.
    I DON'T HAVE JOBS FOR ANYONE! I was just hoping to help west figure out what direction to go in!

Zev, I'm very curious what message it is that you are passing on?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

A mixture of ecological field work (ecuador rain forest), wetlab benchwork (microbio... western blots, immunofloresence) and working with rodents (behavioral testing, cannula placement/injection, food conditioning, misc), spread over about 2.5 years, and counting.

But, I'm kind of burning out on the whole science thing and realizing I have no relevant experience in anything else (English degrees, seriously, so much bullshit. STAY AWAY PEOPLE). Which isn't exactly a good thing seeing as how I was planning to go get my Masters in Neuro... haha.

IDK, maybe I'll just go to grad school for writing then really have cause to worry for my financial future...

I suppose that I just need something for the next year or two really while I sort things out. Starbucks?unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF

Obviously not passing anything on now.... i didnt read UP enough. but My gf works at biogen doing research. So i was gonna pass on to her if people are looking for lab work. It probably wont help you much, but its worth a shot.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthorMJ

tinyhonkshus:I DON'T HAVE JOBS FOR ANYONE! I was just hoping to help west figure out what direction to go in!

Zev, I'm very curious what message it is that you are passing on?

I thought it anyway!

I've been trying to sort out something more into research if I could get into it, but so far no bites on anything that I've applied to in ages.
    west: If you don't know what you want to do, and feel like you don't have any experience at anything, that means you're starting from scratch - so what you have to do is take the time to figure out a plan before you implement some half-ass one. LIKE GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL. (but that advice aside, don't do "writing" when you can do "science writing" or technical writing)

Your last line is the sense-maker: work to feed yourself while you think deep thoughts about life. And to be honest, if you can do it without HATING it, working in a wet lab for a while will set you up better than Starbucks. Science can be a "show up, work, leave" job if you want it to be - especially around here, you can probably find an academic lab that doesn't really care how many hours you work, as long as you do the things people are counting on you to do. Incidentally, the McGovern Brain Institute at MIT is apparently hiring for benchwork & rodent handling.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i'm in a "show up, work, leave" research position right now. while it may be repetitive and is more tedious than challenging at times - it pays better than any coffee shop/bike shop job i've had, the hours are consistent, benefits are good, and i don't go home smelling like bacon or bike grease. also, because it's at a university i'm able to take the classes i needed to apply to the grad program i want to get into without having had to take out more loans. as long as the people you work with are okay, the job will be okay.
    where do i get such a research position?
    • CommentAuthorMJ

^^wondering the same as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Gary, west, and whomever: if you're serious and you think you might be qualified, whisper me and send me your resume and I'll keep my eyes open. I get emails every week that have research job openings in them from BU and other places. I'm sure you know places to look, but there's always a chance I at least casually know someone in a department that is hiring, at least around the BU med campus. ratattack and Fancy probably also get the same emails.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    i am qualified in no way, but surely the research field could use people such as myself
    Fuck grad school. Tech 4 lyfe. Wet lab represent.

One of these years I will probably have to find an industry job though. As much as I like academia, it gets harder to stay in knowing that I'm never going to grad school, and that I could be making 50% more doing the same job across the street.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012

one day. you will all become. ONE OF US!
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

HAH
    this shirt is pretty funny
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Nope
    31 and still haven't ever worked at a deske-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    what do you do?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.