Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012

I am involved in the bike businesse-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2012 edited

so you do. jealous. desks suck.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

mrotown:I am involved in the bike business

that sounds like

lotsa simpsons references todayMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorObo

I'm Not Out Of Work -- I'm NSFWI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

tinyhonkshus:west: If you don't know what you want to do, and feel like you don't have any experience at anything, that means you're starting from scratch - so what you have to do is take the time to figure out a plan before you implement some half-ass one. LIKE GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL..

You speak the truth, Grad school was sort of my "shit i don't know what to do" card. Not even really sure what I want to do it in.

Ideally, I'd like to work at school and continue to take classes like rattatack said, figure out what the hell I want to do. That actually sounds like a very plausible plan. Off to find a lab tech job.

Ya'll are real swell at giving advice, real swell.unstuck in time
    ok, so not to be that guy again, but i need work!

found out that i'm almost definitely not getting my job at cambridge bikes back so i'm looking for anywhere else.
    ideally part time, not super strenuous, and understanding of all my random doctor's appointments

i'm about 2 weeks away from seeing if my doctors can find a way to get me on state disability or some such thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2012

Stay in school, Gary.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    i;m not in school anymore. i haven't been for almost 4 years! i'm a bitter, poor, mildly educated, old man
    kilgore_trout:ok, so not to be that guy again, but i need work!

I don't really know what type of work you want, but the summer is coming, and I'm pretty sure The Odyssey will be hiring. It's a fine dining atmosphere on a boat. I could possibly help you if it's something you're interested in. You could work part time, and there are tips.tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

My company is hiring.

Join the ranks of fellow bfixters like me and obo. Well, obo used to work there. Just me now. We're hiring for pretty much every position. That webpage makes it all sound super cheesy, but its not a bad job for sitting at a desk.

(every position = developer (points for mobile work), QA, tech support, project management)

If you apply, and you get the job, and you've told them that I referred you, I will buy you a beer. Or ten.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    the fact that it's big bold heading is "12 MEGA HUMUNGOUS REASONS to WORK for US!" is awesome.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    that sounds too good to be true
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012

the place has personality, i'll say that much. and beer. you could definitely do worse. :)I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    • CommentAuthorh.a.weck
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012 edited

Hey folks,

Kinda new here, but not new to riding in this city. My company is hiring seasonal sales folks, with heaping portions of cycling and local food involved:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovczo1wgls9h5g8/2012%20CC%20Employment%20Form.pdf
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012

^that's a good buddy of mine, he quit his job to work on this startup Culinary Cruisers. He is an awesome midwestern fellaI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Just curious. Why is "Bachelor's degree or current college student" a prerequisite for the delivery and vending of food on a bike?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i had this conversation with a friend about that same thing re; clinical studies
    i wish i could find it and copy & paste

briefly
    it's because they want to weed out a certain type of person from applying to their jobs
    they want hipsters who ride cuz it's cool, even though their parents paid for their communications degree from BU
    not poor people who ride because they have toMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

It seems like that qualification (when it's unnecessary for the job) is a big part of the problem we're having right now with education inflation. Why do you have to have a college degree to deliver food? Not all of us were born with someone to pay for an unnecessary degree.
    h.a.weck, I'm not knocking you and the question is sincere.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorh.a.weck

No firm reasoning behind it. Negotiable for the right applicant.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

no, totes!
    and that's what i'm saying

you're usually part of a certain type/class if you WERE born with someone to pay for an unnecessary degree that isn't going to be used, ya know?
    and it's super gross but a lot of people don't want to deal with someone who isn't in that class (they want those middle/upper class white kids)

that's what i was saying to my friend who asked why you need a degree to participate in a sleep study:
    because there are 2 types of people who are most likely to participate in clinical studies (particularly those that don't pertain to a certain illness)(and probably similar to those applying to Dash, etc): very poor or homeless folks, and college students/recent grads/college age white kids
    both Dash and MGH are trying to weed out the former with their degree requirements

\Brain asplodeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    h.a.weck:Hey folks,

Kinda new here, but not new to riding in this city. My company is hiring seasonal sales folks, with heaping portions of cycling and local food involved:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovczo1wgls9h5g8/2012%20CC%20Employment%20Form.pdf

hah! you're Laura's boyfriend, aren't you?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    They may (in the case of clinical trials) be trying to avoid poor/homeless people at least in part because they are a potentially exploited group and so there are more regulatory hurdles to jump through.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^common misconception. just because you're poor and/or homeless doesn't mean you aren't enrolled in college or the recipient of a college degree.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012 edited

ho-k.

A coworker of mine here at Booz Allen Hamilton, is lookin for full-time computer science summer student intern. It is paid. It is in Virginia.

Degree Level: Undergraduate. Graduate students are not eligible to apply to this program.

Class Levels: Sophomore, Pre-Junior and Junior. Seniors are not eligible to apply to this program.

Message me for details.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012

You work for the manI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    indeed.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Booze Allen Hamilton.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    clockwork ted:^common misconception. just because you're poor and/or homeless doesn't mean you aren't enrolled in college or the recipient of a college degree.

True, especially with the economy and college debt problems what they are right now.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    they all carry knives right?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012

hahahaha
    yes
    your mass health card has a handy built in knife, if you didn't know alreadyMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    Oh god I'd completely forgotten about that whole thing.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^&^^: ??
    my epicly uninformed discrimination of homeless people. im not sure dora was caught onto my reference though.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    evan's comment made me thing "that whole thing" was actually a thing. is it?
    it kinda was a thing. it took up the better part of a page and a half.

unfortunately...somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited

i hope one of the many hobos with brass knuckles lurking on this forum beats you because of that post.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012

seanile mick:my epicly uninformed discrimination of homeless people. im not sure dora was caught onto my reference though.

oh! i didn't know there was a thing to catch on to!

we talked about that? when? is it like a seatpost size thing?

i love that we are all such nerds that we have inside jokes. especially the ones that go back like, a long ass time.
    i am dead serious about that loveMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012 edited

nah it was me being pretty dumb. it resulted in me being schooled on the topic by tedward.
    (it was in the cambridge bans brakeless bikes thread)

but yea...what size seatpost you got?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2012

^goootcha!

size one million!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012

looking for a full-time software dev/qa/systems job.not another pitcher!
    Looking for short term work. My lab is out of money and my department's out of teaching positions, so I'm not getting paid again until July 13th. I'll be working part time in lab and will be out of town June 15-22. anyone know of some 10-15hr/wk work. I've got a masters in Chemistry (useless for these purposes, I assume), bike know-how but no shop experience, and the ability to do hours of mindless tasks at a time. Really looking for anything so my cash flow doesn't drop to zero.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012

^that really sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. If I had any way to help I would. Maybe I can hire you to be a brew lackey.....ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    If the job comes with free beer, that effectively halves my living expenses.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness

Looking for work: on stipulation is that it can't be physical labor, and I'll need to go to the doctors at least twice a week, possibly more frequent/work from afar. Two arts-based degrees, highly computer literate, but not a programmer or a web designer. Capable of using Creative Suite, and willing to retouch photos and do your process work/line tracing/etc.
    • CommentAuthorObo

paul jameson:If the job comes with free beer, that effectively halves my living expenses.

you're not the only oneI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Do you guys really drink that much?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    They live in yurts and dumpsterdive for victuals?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I have decided to be a freecoholic from now on. I can barely afford food right now, let alone beer.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Nah, we exclusively drink imported Chinese Pabst Blue Ribbon 1844.

...anyway, I'm not out to derail one of the more serious threads.

paul jameson:Looking for short term work. My lab is out of money and my department's out of teaching positions, so I'm not getting paid again until July 13th. I'll be working part time in lab and will be out of town June 15-22. anyone know of some 10-15hr/wk work. I've got a masters in Chemistry (useless for these purposes, I assume), bike know-how but no shop experience, and the ability to do hours of mindless tasks at a time. Really looking for anything so my cash flow doesn't drop to zero.

smoothness:Looking for work: on stipulation is that it can't be physical labor, and I'll need to go to the doctors at least twice a week, possibly more frequent/work from afar. Two arts-based degrees, highly computer literate, but not a programmer or a web designer. Capable of using Creative Suite, and willing to retouch photos and do your process work/line tracing/etc.
    You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?