Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

It kinda hurts my head tbhNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014

Looking for some folks for bike shop work, all skill and experience levels welcome
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2014

What if I only wanted to work one weekend day/morning per week?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2014 edited

My living situation has gone belly up unfortunately, so I'm going to be left with the entire rent at the moment.

Looking for something part time (thursday, friday, saturdays) to add onto the job that I'm working now, or full time to replace it.

http://lnkd.in/NhfFdk Linkedin for those who need resume info.

But I can pretty much do anything in regards to bike work, sales/retail, research work anthro/psychology/sociology, I am a lifeguard and swim instructor, diving instructor.

I would really appreciate any help or leads that anyone here could give me!
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014 edited

Looking for full time temp/contract office work, ideally through the end of August. Six years of admin assistant work in Universities, an insurance company, and a large financial institution, plus experience with customer service in a bike shop and at a rock climbing gym. Would prefer something in an office though, and am cool with stuffy/'professional' work environments.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2014

their website isn't super impressive, but i had decent luck with johnleonard.com for temp jobs
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014 edited

I don't think there are any other paramedics on this board, but the town I work for is currently hiring per-diem paramedics. They usually hire per-diem and then offer a full-time spot once a spot opens up which doesn't happen often. If you have any friends that are paramedics, pass this along to them. Important things to note: 2 years experience required, can be overlooked if you worked in a busy system for a year. Clean[ish] driving record, at least nothing recent. Absolutely no criminal history. It is through a police department, so the no criminal history is a must.
    http://www.town.billerica.ma.us/jobs.aspx?jobID=11
    I've never been in there but I saw BIKE BOOM in Davis Sq has a help wanted sign in the window.
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

Saw that sign too. Seems sort scummy sketch. Maybe the guy who used to sell stolen bikes off his front porch down the block decided to step up and rent a shop? Place is mighty tiny - I think that used to be Your Move Games.
    Sketchy Pete manages that shop I think? Or at least used to? I have been in there a couple times with mixed results.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2014

smoothness:Maybe the guy who used to sell stolen bikes off his front porch down the block decided to step up and rent a shop?
    If you're talking about the old dude with a red front porch, he's still there, selling bikes.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2014

Bike boom used to be across the street behind the dumpster at the best address, 420 highland ave, I think."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2014

If you are interested in the Bike Boom job I've also saw on FB Superb is hiring for both sales and mechanical work.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2014

anyone got any museum connections? i've got a law degree and am mostly done with an MA in heritage management (ie running museums/archaeological sites), and ideally would like to work in the legal department of a museum, but those jobs are real rare so i'm flexible-ish. doesn't have to be boston. hell, doesn't have to be US. (that said, i'll be back to the US in less than 2 weeks, and am super excited about foods and dogs and bikes.)
    Somebody should put her in touch with gilbertsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Back Bay Bikes is looking for a skilled mechanic ASAP. Part time or full time.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

Friends of mine helped start this up--can put you in touch for further questions

Bike Program Coordinator (Lawrence) $13-16/hrI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Anyone know any folks at the biotech/pharm industry. Looking for research coordinator / regulatory analyst / sales positions. Really anything that pays me more than my current position in academia.

Would really appreciate any jobs recommendations or networking referrals folks can provide.

Thanks.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Not sure if I know anyone on that side of it, but I'll dig around! I'm about to jump into the same boat.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014

Anyone looking for a job?

https://secure.logmein.com/about/careers/jobs.aspx

Plug in the Boston location and if you see something you like, and you have good work ethic, let me know and we can talk.MUFFDVR
    Boston Common Coffee is looking for all positions for their new location on Canal st. Get at Alex Clayman for more info if you know her.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

fmradio516:Anyone looking for a job?

https://secure.logmein.com/about/careers/jobs.aspx

Plug in the Boston location and if you see something you like, and you have good work ethic, let me know and we can talk.

I get a "Server's Certificate is not trusted." message when I try to go there. My work's firewall blocks it. Not just the careers page, the landing page to. Might be something to mention to someone. Especially for network services company.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

weird. I've sent that to a whole load of people. Everyone seems to view it fine.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2014

roburrito:I get a "Server's Certificate is not trusted." message when I try to go there. My work's firewall blocks it.

to be fair, you work for the us government.gone
    • CommentAuthorroburrito

Yeah, it works from home, but in general, my work lets me go just about anywhere on the web because searching the tubes is part of the job description. I don't know how SSL certificates work, but its probably something they might want to check into.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorObo

Friend of mine now working at hubway posted they are hiring: https://www.thehubway.com/jobsI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

My work is holding a test in September for a police dispatcher position. Usually previous dispatching experience required. Whisper me if you want details.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014

I'm finally sick of Brokeaway. Held out for a while hoping there'd be a chance it could improve slightly, but it's now very clear that will never happen. After I asked the boss for help because, you know, just had a surprise week off of blowing everything we had on travel because my dad died and now rent's past due by a week and we have no more savings because they pay us way too little in a place that costs way too much to live in, they gave me a line of total insulting bullshit, explained that they will never consider a raise or a bonus for being a dedicated worker for years or anything but the least they can get away with, and lost my check. So if you hear of anything that wouldn't be completely soul-crushing, let me know! For now I'll try to fill in at various other couriers, so I can get by until I find something more decent."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I'm sorry about your dad, Andy :( Do you have other skills/experience/directions you want to go in?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014 edited

Thanks, it's really been a tough week :c

High school diploma (with honors, but nobody cares!), before mess stuff did trike delivery, before that did catering/food/register stuff, so I'm really good at being nice and professional around people. Hard worker, quick learner, get along well with everyone. What I'm saying is I'm worthless and this is probably the best job I'll ever see. Will probably just give up on looking for real jobs because the world is fucked and backwards and I just want to be happy and enjoy work somewhat, but hopefully I'll get to do it for a less shitty company that insults me less and leaves me less poor. Or maybe I'll lose every last shred of self-respect and dignity and stay at this company because it's what I'm used to. I haven't made any real decisions yet.

Tl:dr: nope. No real skills anyone would pay me for and no experience. Could probably make a half decent mechanic. As for directions, I'd consider just about anything. Actually livable wage strongly preferred (duh) but probably impossible. Thanks, America.

When we were in Buffalo we learned that the last courier in the city closed down and you can get a whole apartment for like $400. Who wants to move there with me and ride bikes? We'd all be poor together."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2014

Shittiness abounds. Sorry for your loss, Andy. And for the general fuckery of messer companies. I'll ask around...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I don't think bike messengering is the best job anyone will ever see, have faith! I'll keep my eyes open, but I'm a bum and don't go out much.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Is anyone out there a licensed/certified/whatever bartender? Might have a little work for ya.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

Buddy of mine who helped start a community bike shop/project in Lawrence MA needs (will pay) a mechanic for a backlog he's got... you probably don't even need transpo out there, he'd help with that (for all us of living with only 2-wheeled transport). Whisper if interestedI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    We're short on hands here at UA come september 1st...employees moving/going back to school and shit is going to cut my staff in half. Give me a shout if you think you want to ride bikes and help out on tours.

Even a dozen hours a week or so would be great.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014

Currently employed, but looking for change. I have a lot of skills, I've worked in customer service, food/ drink service, construction, demolition, dentistry(currently finishing metal and investment casting) and more. I'm also knowledgable with bicycles skateboards and snowboards.
    the only requirement I have is at least $14 and hour.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2014

one of the pizza makers at my weekend job left for brazil this week, not sure if they found someone to replace her, i think were also looking for managers too. not sure on pay but its more if you do prep before we open.
    Right Coast Courier is looking for someone to either join full time or have a few people join part time. We're a courier company that mostly does food delivery, with restaurants in the back bay, cambridge, downtown, and jamaica plain. Some experience working on a bike, whether it be from downtown document delivery, pedicabbing, or postmates/favor is ideal, but not totally necessary. What is necessary is a bike and experience with riding in the winter. We use racks to carry the food on so riser bars are preferred, though some people make cruiser bars work. On average, a third to a half of your pay comes as cash in hand night of. Let me know if you or someone you know is interested.this life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

Any experienced mechanics want to move up to service manager? Cambridge Bicycle will be looking for someone when I move.

Also looking to pass on my spin repair business to someone - $60-100/hr on a contract basis for a few clients.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

I'm deeply deeply interested in the spin business!! Highly reliable, good ppl skills!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Marathon Courier is looking for a few good messengers full time/part time
    come on in - 15 Court square suite 980 or call 617.747.3700
    Cambridge Bicycle is lookin' for mechanics and sales staff right now. It's mostly Charlie work.
    FWIW, Giant Bicycle in Fenway is also looking for folks.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    There's also a gourmet store going into the former Allston Joshua Tree that's hiring, it's called Bees Knees (of Fort Point) can't find info about the hiring online, you you could call them. I knew something awesome was gonna go in there as soon as I moved.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015

^that place (bee 's knees) is terrible.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015

I was going to say the same thing...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    RCC is hiring for immediate employment. We are a bike base restaurant delivery/personal courier service that operates in the Back Bay, South End, Cambridge and Jamaica Plain area. The shifts are light (11a-5p or 5-10/10:30 weekends) and the the money is decent at worst and awesome at best. Our guys make anywhere from 10-16 an hour. It's not uncommon to walk away from a PM shift with 100-150 in cash in hand. The work is easy if you don't mind the hustle. Casual people don't generally do phenomenal at this job. But even the casual ones walk away with at least 10 an hour.

If your feeling lazy, than you can apply online @ http://www.rightcoastcourier.com/applicants.html but if your feeling confident and you prefer a phone conversation, i can be reached directly at 617-686-7558.
    -Adam
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015

a+ description.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

if anyone has a heads up on a design/fabrication position.

sketchup, autocad, renderings, animation, photoshop, indesign, laser cutting, cnc, 3d printing, simple carpentry
    i do all this shit well

my boss is running out of money, and without a new project in the next month or so i dont know what im going to be doing.
    plz halp
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2015

^ i can vouch that koss knows what he's doingMUFFDVR