Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

anyone with mechanics skills looking for a Jay oh bee?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2011

Yes.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011

Lasership is hiring.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorthejit

HA.
    there is no work at lasership right now.

it blows my mind that they put that up.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl

ben:ATTN MECH. ENGINEERS:
    READ CAREFULLY: THIS IS A PART-TIME, ENTREPRENEURIAL, EQUITY-ONLY STARTUP OPPORTUNITY.

from the CL add:

Once you learn of the benefits of this product, our hope is that you’ve experienced pain and problems with the thing our product will replace. The impact this product will have on bicycle riders and the world economy is huge.

I'm trying to envision this CNC'd mid-to-high end product that's going to remove the pain from mountain bike riding, and also revolutionize the world economy. The pain and problems i have mountain biking come almost exclusively from two things:
    1- Having to pedal up the hill. Shit is hard work.
    2- Falling off the bike while riding down the other side of the hill.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    • CommentAuthorben

Maybe they're designing mountain bike training wheels so you don't have to fall over any more.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2011 edited

I certainty need them.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011

conor!:there is no work at lasership right now.

it blows my mind that they put that up.

seconded.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    conor!:there is no work at lasership right now.

it blows my mind that they put that up.

for real, i did 6 jobs on thursdaythis life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBaous
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2011

they accepted me at city part time, which probably means that they really need some help right now
    that is definitely what that means.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    i think conor is being sarcasticYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2011

conor has been extra sassy this weekroz-berry-lime
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011

Alright, I need some sorta part time job. I have quite a bit of availibility, including all of the weekends. Can't do full time anything because I'm in school a bit. I'm willing to do just about anything except big box retail or valet parking. Let me know if ya see anything.
    i hear city express needs some part-time employees.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Roz:conor has been extra sassy this week
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

conor!:
    Roz:conor has been extra awesome this week
    mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    • CommentAuthorowen

conor!:i hear city express needs some part-time employees.
    lol.

I'd actually do it, but they don't do part time (I tried to stay on after I went back to school, no dice)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBaous

ohwin:
    conor!:i hear city express needs some part-time employees.
    lol.

I'd actually do it, but they don't do part time (I tried to stay on after I went back to school, no dice)

i got a part time job there this week. they do part time if they need the work.
    dammit mitch, you stole owen's job!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorowen

I bet I could talk them into firing somebody to hire me back. There was this super dumb kid working there when I left for school and they told me to come back in the summer and they'd fire him and give me my job back.
    GET THEM TO FIRE THE NEW GUY.

THIS BOARD NEEDS SOME D-R-A-M-A.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

I could go in and ask for a job again. That'll make for a few good LOLzzzzzz.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBaous

Aa get them to fire the new guy! And i didnt steal anyones job Sean! it was easy enough to just walk in there and ask for a job. i just did it first.
    lol..owen had the job full-time, wanted to keep it part-time..but wasn't allowed.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Owen, sunny side went to USA, Steph went to breadrunner, I quit, flop 'n chop went postal...I think Billy and Jay are the only regulars left.

I swore I saw dipatch matt ridin with a package the other day.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2011

Is flop n chop the kid on the puch? He always had the crazy-eyes.
    haha, yes, yes he is. and yes he did.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Anyone a Skilled Mechanic. I have a job or two!

Giant Cycling World, located steps from Bostons Fenway Park, presently has openings for Mechanics and Service Writers.
    Qualified candidates must have three years experience, a positive attitude, be detail-oriented and customer service driven. You will be asked to spin wrenches and help out on the sales floor as needed.
    We provide competitive wages, health/dental insurance, a retirement plan, and opportunities for advancement.
    These positions are for serious inquiries only. Qualified candidates will be contacted and scheduled for an interview. After the round of interviews is conducted, we will ask the top applicants to spend a day in the store to demonstrate their abilities.

At Giant, we strive to inspire adventure in all cyclists, from casual to competitive. Whether it’s the rush of adrenaline from a fast mountain descent, the clarity and friendship that comes from a long road ride, or the fun and freedom from a daily commute - we believe that cycling can make the world a little healthier, a little cleaner and a lot more fun. If you feel the same way, then Giant is the place for you.

Ride Life
    Ride Giant
    Please include a cover letter and resume.
    eMAIL : hello@giantboston.comIs everyting irie?
    • CommentAuthorlos!
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011

steph definitely does not ride for breadrunner.ride fast drink hard
    if anyone doesn't want to wrench for giant, but a nice little non corporate shop give me a shoutTake-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2011

What is a service writer?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    A service writers:
    primary role: Checks in repairs, pulls parts (or places special orders), schedules repairs, delivers completed repairs, answers phone and is the customers point of contact in the service department.
    secondary role: Repair Bicycles, maintaining cleanliness of service area, call back customers and see how repairs went.
    Its a small shop. We all wear many hats here.Is everyting irie?
    So not a lot of writing in the literary sense, then?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorB's4987
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011

los!:steph definitely does not ride for breadrunner.

+1
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2011

bikeguyboston:A service writers:
    primary role: Checks in repairs, pulls parts (or places special orders), schedules repairs, delivers completed repairs, answers phone and is the customers point of contact in the service department.
    secondary role: Repair Bicycles, maintaining cleanliness of service area, call back customers and see how repairs went.
    Its a small shop. We all wear many hats here.

so you want someone with mechanic skillz who doesn't get to work on bikes and has to deal with customers (most mechanics least fav. part of the job!) haha good luck!
    RIde studio cafe is looking for an assistant manager & barista for the cafe area. I would work there if i lived in the area.
    http://ridestudiocafe.com/connect-communicate/career_opportunities/YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011

if you want to do an easy boring job for too much money for 30-60 days at my company (must have some kinda degree, doesn't hafta be in science) and are organized, competent and not a lazy ass let me know.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNo. 11
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2011

Sorry for the double posting of this, but:

Quad Bikes is currently looking for a new full-time shop manager. I'll be moving in June and will need someone to take over for me. The shop is a really unique setup and managing it requires a wide range of skills from excellent wrenching abilities to managing a young staff and keeping track of financial accounts. It's a really satisfying job and a great shop, as any of our regular customers will tell you. The shop is also unique in it's relationship to Harvard University: we're housed in a university building and cooperate with Harvard on several tasks and events, including maintenance of departmental bikes and the removal of abandoned bikes throughout the campus.

The right applicant for this job needs to have several years mechanic experience and a familiarity with managerial and customer service positions, and needs to be self-motivated. The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people is also a plus. You'd start training and working part time, then take over the shop full time once you're ready. If you're looking for an awesome job in a great shop, and think you might have the qualities the position requires, email your resume to the shop at info@quadbikes.org or feel free to come by and talk with me to get a better feel for the shop.

Cheers,

David
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2011

Dancing Deer is looking to hire a Freelance Graphic Designer. If anyone is qualified and interested, whisper me and I'll put you in touch with the right person. Must be able to work onsite 10-20 hours a week in Dedham. Here is the job description- http://www.dancingdeer.com/careers/graphic_designerWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2011

can you speak french and italian?
    rapha is hiring for a european tour mgr

http://www.rapha.cc/work-at-rapha#job4gone
    German is like, the least useful language ever. FML.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2011

Looking for a social services related job, part-time, clinically-focused. Preference is for working with urban youth, physically disabled, the homeless, or those in substance abuse recovery. Have half a MSW!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2011

ahhhhh someone be a temp at my company for a month or two! we've gotten no good applicants so far and i'm buried in work! it's easy! you'll get paid a lot! have some kind of batchelor's degree (in ANYTHING) and you'll get the job. email me or facebook me or text me cuz i don't really look at this thing too much. it's in cambridge, 9-5 type shit. they don't care what you wear or if you're all stinky from riding your bike. C'MAHN!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorben

^Sounds pretty sweet - surprised no one's taken you up on it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

luckily i just got some whispers

thanks guys!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

I'm surprised people with a bachelors can't spell it correctly.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthorben

I'm not surprised you couldn't keep from making a dick post about it.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    batch-elors seems like a pretty good play on words though... giving them out in batches? or something