Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

I do, and live in Allston. You can grab it any time.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorgc

is it steel?
    it's 28.6gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

gc:is it steel?
    it's 28.6

Yep, it is steel and in all likelihood it probably is 28.6mm, just wanna make sure before I order something.unstuck in time
    Just but my ultegra one!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

too late! ordered my replacement yesterdayunstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2012

it was 28.6unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorstingobango
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012 edited

Anyone have a bike rack that is designed to go on the back fo a minivan. I have a regular trunk mounted one, but I'm thinking it might not be suitable for a minivan. I'd be asking to borrow it from May 10-May 19, and could give you some beer and send you postcards from our trip!

Edit: Nevermind...I'm hearing that what I have should be workable.I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2012

I need to cut a steertube, seat a crown race, and also seat a star nut. Does anyone have a hacksaw and steertube cut guide, and/or a crown race setter, and/or a starnut setter?

I could wing most of this but I'd rather use the correct tools. I dont really need to borrow these things, so much as be able to use them for a few minutes.

Thanks.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    i have everything but the hacksaw
    here you go
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2012

It's like he can read my mind.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    pipe cutter and a file has worked for me multiple times. it was like, $5.
    that and a pvc pipe as the crown race setter.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i have a hacksaw...blade might be dull, but theyre like $2tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    MIPB:

A friend of mine wants to try out clipless riding before shelling out clams for shoes. Does anyone have some clipless MTB shoes or sneakers I could borrow for like a week. She's a 39 so anything close may do. SPD or Look MTB cleats preferred, otherwise MIPalsoB pedals?

FanXXXYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2012

I have some old 39 women's sidi dominators set up with spd cleats.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2012

want to borrow/rent:

50cc scooter/moped, I don't have a motorcycle license so it can't be any more displacement than that. hopefully it can go 30-35.

for motorpacing purposes.gone
    anybody got a syringe and rubber tubing to bleed a hydraulic disc brake? it's for a 2012 xt disc (m785) fwiw

also interested in where i might find a syringe-like tool that would work and would be available for purchase for a reasonable price, tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012

^I've got an avid bleed kit. I dunno if they've got the same fittings from avid to shimano, though.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorstingobango
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2012 edited

Friend of a friend is coming to town Aug 14-21, looking to borrow a bike. 5'9", so I'm guessing a 56 or so? Just needs something to get around on, and doesn't need to be able to keep it for the whole week. I have an extra u-lock and cable to supply to secure your goods. Will give you beer or baked goods!I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2012

Does anyone have a battery powered amp I could borrow for something on Saturday?
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2012

2 prong freewheel remover (bmx type, not suntour)

SUCH AS: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015HZ41M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

thanks!
    Does anyone have a Chrome Ivan I could load up with rocks or something and try out for a few minutes (or days if it's not a bag you use)?
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2012

Could anyone lend me a Shimano 8spd rt downtube shifter? I'm trying to resolve a compatibility puzzle.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012

Can I borrow an external hard-drive? Need to salvage my mp3 collection and schoolwork from a PC laptop that I'm concerned is about to die. Would need like 100g of free storage space."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Ben you can just have my music collection if your laptop goes. I know you love trance and death metal.
    I GOT YER STORAGE RIGHT HERE.

I think. text me.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2012

Would anyone have a ~51cm road bike to lend my girlfriend for the Hub on Wheels ride coming up on Sunday?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRachel
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2012

May I please borrow panniers (or some kind of rear rack bag) for Saturday? Doesn't have to be too big, just needs to be able to store a jacket, basic tools, and snax. Thanx.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012

I CAN BORROW ANY OF THESE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING FOR HALLOWEENS
    sized to fit AHEM a large lady

PINK SHIRT
    ORANGE SHORTZ
    FRILLY SOX
    PURP BACKPACK (uhhhhhhhhhhh PJ? tradesies freight bags for a day?)

THAT'S WHATS UP THANKYOUMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    i got that backpack hookuuuuuuup. will trade for costume ideas (need not be good).You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

see right

also with your hair i would be this every single year
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

and thank you for the backpack hookupppp!!! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    dora you are voluptuous and sexy as fuck.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2012 edited

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    :D thank you ella

you're making me blush!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2012

Does anybody have a yellow jersey, helmet, etc that I might borrow? I want to be a shamed Lance for Halloween this year...

I'd be forever grateful.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012

you don't even own a helmet?

i wag my finger at you!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2012

Yellow helmet.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Yeah, that. I have a yellow jersey you can HAVE, art.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2012 edited

nerdo:Yellow helmet.

^This.

Craigglesofdoom:Yeah, that. I have a yellow jersey you can HAVE, art.

and, HOLLA BOI. When can I pick it up? You working at Urban tomorrow? Mayhaps I can swing on over during my lunch break...unstuck in time
    west.:
    nerdo:Yellow helmet.

^This.

Craigglesofdoom:Yeah, that. I have a yellow jersey you can HAVE, art.

and, HOLLA BOI. When can I pick it up? You working at Urban tomorrow? Mayhaps I can swing on over during my lunch break...

I'll be at work Fri-Tuesday. text me, six17-9six3-9six six9Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    does anyone have a pre-mini usb LG charger that i can borrow?
    this is the head i need:
    somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2012 edited

Does anybody have a bike bag I could borrow? Or a large duffel bag or something? Doesn't have to be too big, I just need to take a folding bike (20" wheels) home for the holidays and my full-sized bike case is far too large and heavy.

I'll pay you with beer.unstuck in time
    Spinergy Spox spoke wrench. Apparently they're proprietary.

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2012

Can anyone meet me downtown with a 700x23 stylie presta tube? I'll buy you beers surely. Got to my friend's and put the bike back together and my new tube split at the valve - aint no patching that and I dont wanna train all the way from jfk to brookline with a dysfunctional bike. any takers? phones still not operational so I'll check back in 20 or so..TIS THE SEASON PEOPLE!
    Shit can someone lend me some arm warmers and a pair of candies/egg beaters before noon tomorrow? I need them for a week in CA!Take-off everything but your rainboots
    Anyone have trail maps for southern Green Mountains in VT?I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2013 edited

hiking?
    just buy this
    it's $10 and rei/ems will have it, printed on plastic so it won't wrinkle or fall apart
    it even includes the taconic mountains west of rt. 7

gone
    gc:hiking?
    just buy this
    it's $10 and rei/ems will have it, printed on plastic so it won't wrinkle or fall apart
    it even includes the taconic mountains west of rt. 7

+1 for this. best set of maps I own!
    anyone have any white paint? slightly off-white preferred..
    just need to get rid of some nicks from bikes on wallssomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013

seanile mick:anyone have any white paint? slightly off-white preferred..
    just need to get rid of some nicks from bikes on walls

The Mr Clean Magic Eraser (which is just an abrasive pad) works great for bike scuffs and scratches on white walls.