Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

hmm. i shall try that, though i'm missing some paint in some places due to a poor strategic application of tape, so i will still need some paint to some extent! :)somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2013

Plus one for the magic eraseer.
    I did that on my last move and it saved me from losing some of my deposit.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2013 edited

hacksaw?
    for metal.
    tomorrow?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i have one, can bring it to work or something.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    mrotown:Plus one for the magic eraseer.
    I did that on my last move and it saved me from losing some of my deposit.

We've had some luck with bleach spray... but I think I'll give this Magic Eraser business a try when we move (looked up and saw that one wall in the dining room is covered in tire marks).
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013 edited

I would please like to borrow a bike rack to road trip to chicago with. I desire to ride my bike in the city there and around some locations on the way for the fun of it. preferably something that would simply attach to the back of the trunk. compensation/beer can be discussed. need it for tomorrow through sunday. whisper me if ya can hook it up!

thanks
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013

^check the used parts bins at broadway & bikes not bombs, bet you'll find a cheap one there.gone
    Anyone have a 2" hole saw or other drill bit of similar size? Basically just need to put a large-ish hole into a plastic barrel. Set up a rain barrel and plan to daisy chain another to it to add capacity.I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    I might, as in I have one somewhere but not sure what size. I'll look for it later, harass me if you don't hear back tonight.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I think we've got one from the taquito port we installed.

Conveniently located just blocks from your rain barrel.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2013

for converting your taquito port to a hoagie port
    Anyone have a battery operated boombox I could borrow for tomorrow??I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2013

Looking to try out riser bars. Anyone have some (26.0 or 31.8) lying around that I could borrow?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013

might have trouble finding 26.0 riser bars..
    I have a bontrager crowbar- it's an mtb handlebar so I guess it's 25.4 but my stem clamp is 26 and it is not shimmed and I haven't died yet, sooooooooooo....

I'm using it though, but just saying it's an option.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2013

^^Meh. Figured I'd keep my options open, just in case (since I have stems in both sizes).

^yeah, this is mostly for shits and giggles, so all manners of sketchiness and/or MacGyver rigs are OK by me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2013

Anyone have Linux for Dummies and/or Ubuntu for Dummies?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

if yer still looking for bars i have both mtb sizes that you can borrow
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

(25.4 and 31.8)
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2013

May I please borrow a ps3 for as long as it takes me to play "The Last of Us"? I'd be willing to buy the game and give it to you when I'm done.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013

^borrow mine. except i'm missing the cables. lost in a move.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

tristan:May I please borrow a ps3 for as long as it takes me to play "The Last of Us"? I'd be willing to buy the game and give it to you when I'm done.
    I would like to play with you, please.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Likenesses of Ellen Page have been selling PS3s all over. Wow.

Ellen Page is already doing a zombie game, or some shit, and she was said to be "upset" over them using her image.

I want to buy the first person shooter where I get to hit Joeyfresh in the dick with a hammer and then go skateboarding with killersim. The end boss is a giant, 100ft tall, mutant ratattack that I have to defeat with Alexi's chainsaw. At the end I'm the last man standing, with dora posing next to me, holding a pistol in the air and dressed as, what I assume she looks like anyway, 1974's Foxy Brown, afro and all. It's a PC game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Just come over here and wrassle with me, you big lug.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    i'll only skateboard with you if its a side scroller akin to the Toxic Crusaders games.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Blitz:^^Meh. Figured I'd keep my options open, just in case (since I have stems in both sizes).

^yeah, this is mostly for shits and giggles, so all manners of sketchiness and/or MacGyver rigs are OK by me.

I had a 26/25.4 mixup and ended up breaking a stem bolt somewhere around Lexington and taking it re-he-he-he-ally easy on the way back.

just coke can shim it and you'll be good.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

Craigglesofdoom:just coke can shim it and you'll be good.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2013

Anyone have a tent i can borrow for the weekend of the 27th-28th?Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Howl, I got you. Will text.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorgc

i have a tiny solo tent that anyone is welcome to borrow for the record. (sierra designs lightyear)
    it's not very good in extended rain but it is small and light.gone
    gc:
    it's not very good in extended rain but it is small and light.

TWHS? I don't care if it doesn't really make sense, I'M SAYIN' ITI thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013

MIPB : Your allen key set for 5 mins? My stem is slippin and I've lent someone mine O.o
    Preferably somewhere in Brookline / Allston, preferably before 7? Get back at me here or via 8five7-2SEXuno-O9nine4
    tyler,

I'm heading home (brookline). Holler. sex juan savin thee too OH ate juan ate foreclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    lending pending!Take-off everything but your rainboots
    what part of Boyleston you on? I gotta be over in fenway at 1, you can take mine as long as i can get it back tomorrow.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    killersim:what part of Boyleston you on? I gotta be over in fenway at 1, you can take mine as long as i can get it back tomorrow.

711 Boylston, I can get the lock back to you tomorrow?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    PM me your phone number and ill text you when i leave the office around 12.30. I can swing by in the morning tomorrow to grab it from you, or on the way home.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2013

Stormy Arthur:Can someone lend me a u-lock today/tonight? I forgot mine at home, am working all day on boylston st then heading to New Order tonight. Will trade beer and or tubes for lock rental

I am about to head over to that area of boylston, will be there for a few hours. I can bring my spare u-lock.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2013

Anybody have a trunk-mounted bike rack I can borrow for a couple weeks? My ladyfriend and I want to take a trip with our bikes and my roof-racked car is temporarily out of commission. I'm going to be in town on Thursday and can pick it up then. A beer/drink/etc for your troubles. THANKS!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

yes, somewhere
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

will look this evening
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Word, thanks!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

I have an Allen 2-bike rack, if that's compatible with your car.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^It's just a normal sedan-style Honda Civic. Would that work?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Yeah, that will be fine. I didn't know if you had a hatchback or anything crazy.
    I think I might have one of your racks in my hall closet, Lauren - is this true? Am I a huge dick? (would lend if okay'd)i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Oh, this is very possibly true! I went looking for it and it doesn't appear to be here. Not a dick! I never need it anymore since Cary has lots of roof racks and I can't actually ride bikes anyway. :) If you could pass it along to Rob that'd be great.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Heck yes! I am quite into this plan.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2013

Does anyone have any collapse-able trekking poles I could borrow for the weekend? I'd buy them too if they were a reasonable price.A few spokes shy of a wheel.
    • CommentAuthorroburrito
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2013

Does anyone have a pedal tap (non-drive side) I could borrow?A few spokes shy of a wheel.