Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2014 edited

wirktk88:Need to borrow a bike mount that will fit on a Toyota corolla. Only need it for Tuesday and Wednesday. Any help out there?

For future reference (bc wirktk88 is all set), the ubiquitous allen style trunk rack will fit almost every car- cars with trunks, small hatchbacks, suvs, and vans. Pretty much everything but a pickup.

And there's always a million on craigslist for cheaps, ex:

8.gone
    I need a T-shirt with Stewie (from family guy) on it, ASAP.

It's for a first date.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    paul jameson:I need a T-shirt with Stewie (from family guy) on it, ASAP.

It's for a first date.

Goal is no second date.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014

does anyone the bearing cup instillation tool for a dura ace 7900 bb?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2014

That uses a standard 16 notch shimano external bb tool if I'm not mistaken. The kells has a few
    rock dathe:That uses a standard 16 notch shimano external bb tool if I'm not mistaken. The kells has a few

Correct. I also have some.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2014

Can I borrow (or come to your house to use) your sewing machine? I have a project I need to finish before I leave and Dora's and my machines are both fucked

Will bring food/drink/bike parts
    yo i'ma be riding by yer place this evening and I can drop off our sewing machine. it's just a basic singer esteem II, but you can borrow it as long as you want.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2014

my rear panniers are looking pretty weary, does anyone have a set i can borrow for a month?
    Got those 'liebs if you want them.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014

MAY I PLEASE BORROW

a campy bottom bracket tool please please.
    thanks.
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2014

I have the cassette type and the ridged type, both for cartridge square taper bbs. If either of those are what you're looking for and you can meet in Somerville, lemme know.
    • CommentAuthorfixit10
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2014

Does anyone have an 8mm HEX torque wrench? I am building up my dream bike and would really appreciate letting me borrow it for a couple hours. I live in the north end, boston.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014

What kind of crank/bottom bracket is this for? I have one but I left it at home, so you would have to wait a while.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014 edited

youre welcome to borrow mine, but youd have to come get it.

may as well buy one, it's a useful toolsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2014

if y'all are talking to me then thanks!
    i did decide to buy one. cheap as the thank-you beers would have been.
    • CommentAuthorryan t

JimmyJ:MAY I PLEASE BORROW

a campy bottom bracket tool please please.
    thanks.

Sorry I missed this post. I have a bbt-19 that you can borrow if you haven't cracked the package. No beer needed.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

^thanks! it'll be here in a day or two so no need to go out of my way though.
    • CommentAuthorfixit10

ryan t:What kind of crank/bottom bracket is this for? I have one but I left it at home, so you would have to wait a while.

Hey ryan, Sram omniums. I actually will just have the bike shop do it so that my chain line is proper. Only $10, might as well get it done right. Thanks though!
    Looking to borrow a road or light touring bike for a cape trip July 28-Aug 2 54-56cm seattube plz. all my bieks will be on the west coast.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2014

Fixit, prove to me you're not some college kid scum or other level of douchebaggery, and I'll let you use my torque wrench for a couple minutes to install your bb. This is assuming you did not have a shop do it already. Pro Tip: having an automotive torque wrench is invaluable, and one of those lifelong tools one should have.
    nerdo:
    west.:
    nerdo:$50 for 3 days? Aren't those things like $100?

"Convenience" factor.

I approve this use of scare quotes.

Saris bones 3's are $160, trailer hitch racks are $250 but we rent them for the same price. Our primary clientele is people from out of town, so that's the main thing.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014

anyone here have a Stronglight or TA crankset extractor tool that I can borrow for one hot minute?MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2014

Anybody have a child trailer I can borrow to see if my dog can fit in one? There are tons on CL that I can get for a deal, but I don't even know if it's possible to put a dog in those things. I promise to return it free of corgi hairs...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I have an instep 2-seater you can borrow.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It's in Falmouth, though."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2014

Corgi bucket!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I might be buying a motorcycle next week. Who has a garage/parking space/backyard I can put it in while I figure out how owning a vehicle works?

i.e. getting a title, registration, insurance...that shitNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014 edited

I recommend learning how to do all that, and finding a place to store t, before you buy it..

Eta: You cant drive it without insurance or a plate, so i hope you have a trailer and know how to strap it down to get it home!

Inspection within 10 days of registration
    Bring documents to prove you are you, rmv website explains it
    Need insurance to register it
    Title gets signed over to you, make sure it's clean
    Youll pay sales tax on whatever your bill of sale says, make a bill of sale on paper if they dont have one
    Prepare to spend a little under $200 transferring the title, registering, inspecting iirc
    Insurance will depend on your coverage: collision is often the only coverage used for hit and runs, but it also jacks the price
    Ask somerville if you need a parking pass for ot, and where you should put it on a bike.. Not like you have a dashboardsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I have transportation and everything figured out, including an insurance quote. The thing is a barn find with no title, which means that I need to get a salvage title (I think? That's what USAA said to do) before I can go about registering and insuring it.

Guy says It has valid NH plates and inspection somehow, not sure how that's possible. maybe I'll just park it in UA's basement, haha.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2014 edited

if it's old enough you don't need a title I think, but seriously, don't buy anything without a title, it's more trouble than it's worth. just buy soemthing semi-modern that works. save the barn-finds for your second bike because by then youll understand how bikes behave/dont behave and can vet them more appropriately. seriously, just go to a shop that sells used bikes, and get one that's $2500 or less, ride it for a year, trade it in and get something more appropriate for you.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    but i want this stupid old bike that looks cool and has a story waah

you're probably definitely rightNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2014

MAY I PLEASE BORROW.....

A 49-50cm CX / Gravel Type Bike for my wonderful girlfriend to come and ride the Honey 100 with me on my birthday weekend. (Sat Sept 13)

She's an awesome rider and has 3 of her own bikes but not one suitable for that kind of ride. I'd think she would be ok with a 48cm too...a little smaller is better than a little larger.

We can arrange some kind of thank you system...it would be awesome.

Also it's likely that some people around the way know her (she's been around a while...worked at near every bar...rides pedicabs every now and then....) so she's good people that people can vouch for.

IT WOULD BE THE BEST!

thanks.
    A friend of mine is looking to borrow a road bike - likely a 52cm women's bike (but uni-sex is prob ok too). Nothing fancy. A fitness style hybrid would likely also be good.

She would need it for the Rodman Ride for Kids.

PM me for details, q's, or offers.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    DOES ANYONE HAVE A CROWN RACE CUTTER

If so can I borrow it or pay you to cut my crown race down.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    [NorthFace spam]
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2014

THE MODS ARE ASLEEP POST NORTHFACE JACKETSascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014 edited

I LOVE THAT BUBBLE GOOSE

WHITE AND GREY IS CLASSIC

JUST A GINGER CHILLIN
    I SEE YOU

THIS SHIT SHOWS OFF MY CURVES

SUP GIRL

GOOD KID DUMB ASS CITY

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE DRINKING MOTHERFUCKER

DUDES HIGH AS HELL
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2014 edited

CLASSIC BLACK

THOSE CHEEK BONES GOT ME HARD BRO

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE DRINKING MOTHERFUCKER

AZN BRO

I WANT TO HOLD HANDS WITH YOU

LETS GET MATCHING NORTH FACE COATS
    needs more bubblegoose
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2014

Anyone have a 2 prong Shimano freewheel removal tool I can borrow for a day
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2014

Any have a lock ring wrench that I could borrow?
    Anybody have a cassette tape recorder I can borrow? (no, this isn't a joke)
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2014

I might have a mini cassette recorder kicking around somewhere. Or do you need the maxi type?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    nerdo:I might have a mini cassette recorder kicking around somewhere. Or do you need the maxi type?

I don't think I explained myself properly.. Need something that looks like this:

http://tascam.com/content/images/universal/products/12/main.jpg

Something to make mixtapes for my car, is what I'm getting at.
    Your car has a cassette deck? Awesome.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I drive old cars. Lol.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2014 edited

They have produced a Cassette with an auxiliary cable attached. if you can find one...

Craigglesofdoom:Your car has a cassette deck? Awesome.

I wish I had that at this point. just an am/fm radio and I'm getting tired of talking and commercials..Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    They make little radio broadcaster jobbies that can send music to your car radio, but they usually don't work as well in cities 'cause there's already something on pretty much every frequency.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D