Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Mine does and it is INDEED awesome!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Cassette Tape with Aux Cable > Radio Transmitter any day. No interference, esp when frequencies change as you drive longer distances.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Found a recorder. I also have one of those cassette tape aux cable things, but I think mixtapes are way more fun.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2014

Anyone have a piper cutter I could borrow to trim some bars down?
    I wouldn't need these tools for about a week or two but am very interested in doing a full install/build up on my new bike. I need a headset press and, (pardon my ignorance) but tools to remove cranks on a square tapered BB and tools to remove/install Omniums and GXP BB. Does anyone have some tools they may be able to lend? Thanks either way!and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

I don't have a headset press, but it's pretty cheap and easy to borrow Broadway's. I could lend a crank puller and bb remover/ gxp installer if you pick it up in east Somerville, or just do the work here."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    headset press = threaded rod, two bolts, and a couple larger-than-your-headtube washers for each cup.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

^ I have one of these you can borrowMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2015

any have a 27.5/650b (135 QR) wheel and tire that I can try out in a frame I have... just curious what the clearance will be in the stand, don't actually need to ride it.
    Looks like my 650b wheel has 130mm spacing, sorryi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    seanile mick:headset press = threaded rod, two bolts, and a couple larger-than-your-headtube washers for each cup.

no no no no no no no no no noooooo

don't do this unless you DGAF about your frame or headsetNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    why? ive had great success on at least 4 framessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015

i thought you got a new custom bike every year because their head tubes keep breaking?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015 edited

when are you going to stop being a dick about how many bikes i have?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Craigglesofdoom:
    seanile mick:headset press = threaded rod, two bolts, and a couple larger-than-your-headtube washers for each cup.

no no no no no no no no no noooooo

don't do this unless you DGAF about your frame or headset
    seanile mick:why? ive had great success on at least 4 frames

I'm failing to see what the major difference between the threaded rod bolts/washers and Parks inexpensive headset press is.

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

nuggz is right and sean is wrong

also i have a headset press you can use at my house
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2015 edited

Quality control/craftsmanship?

^can you put the dumpster chris king on the kraz check this wknd??"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

WOOOOOOOO0000OOOOOOOO
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2015

Can I borrow a left shoulder messenger bag for a week or so from anyone? My trusty backpack has been aggravating my collar bone surgery and I'd like to try out a lefty sling bag before making the switch.
    Something medium sized at least. thanks!
    I have a medium Bailey Works messenger bag you could borrow for however long you want. I'm not sure what "lefty sling" means but BW are switchable, and I think mine is set up non-standard (strap on right shoulder). Pickup in Brighton.

I am an old lady now and only roll with frame-mounted luggage (I'm told you can't pannier laptops though, which is why I can't just sell you the bag).i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2015

^That'd be great!I know BW can switch but not all do. I think I have a PT appointment on Weds/Thurs this coming week at St. E's I'll confirm that on Monday and blow up your cellie
    HEY so i know some o yall brew, can i borrow a capper and a few caps? don't have time to make it to the brew store during their opening hours.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    May I please borrow a decent digital camera? Need to sell a lot of bike stuff online and my camera is awful and nearly broken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2015

David9999999:May I please borrow a decent digital camera? Need to sell a lot of bike stuff online and my camera is awful and nearly broken.

I have a spare camera you can use, Canon SD870.
    Could I borrow a Dremel, with cutting wheel and sanding attachments? In return I could probably make you a wood-burning backpacking stove, if you're interested, since that's what I'm making with it.I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    stingobango:Could I borrow a Dremel, with cutting wheel and sanding attachments? In return I could probably make you a wood-burning backpacking stove, if you're interested, since that's what I'm making with it.

I think my company has a couple of incomplete dremel sets. I can look tomorrow maybe and see what we have- can def borrow it if we have it, would def be interested in a stove lolol. Where are the plans from?and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    Umm, haven't settled on a design for sure, but if you Google "DIY Bush Buddy" you can get the basic idea. Also, DIY bush buddy jokes welcome ;-)I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    v cool. Yeah I'll get back to you tomorrow about the Dremel. I can't promise it has the parts you need but I'll see what we have!and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

Anyone in the Camber'ville area have a big, wide and deep, backpack I can borrow next week? I've got to actually move my PC (tower) around for a day and it doesn't fit in my baileybag.I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

I have one I won't be using next week because I'll be out of town, as long as you can bring it back next weekend. It fits a mail tub, so a tower should be fine. I'm in east Somerville, 6 one 7945 six 555 Must be picked up this weekend, I'm out Monday through Saturday."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    If that falls through I have one.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    May I please borrow a 32mm headset wrench?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPaolo
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015

David9999999:May I please borrow a 32mm headset wrench?

I have one.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

Anybody have a can of this I can borrow for a day or so??

(See DQ thread if you must know why.)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

You're probably going to use at least half of the can, so just buy one. Hell, just buy two. Yes, it is The Oil That Creeps, but I seriously think that for the $10 it's going to cost you to empty an entire can of the stuff, you should do it because swimming is always better than creeping.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    "kroil creeps where others swim"
    "you're probably going to use at least half of the can"

and other failed corporate slogans.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

"Kroil, the oil that poisons"
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2015 edited

Anyone have an S&S coupler tool that i can borrow for a night???

edit: nvm. lockring wrench worked fine.MUFFDVR
    Does anyone have a helmet I could borrow for my girlfriend to use for a couple days?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015

How big is her head? I can lend you my gf's helmet for a few days...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015

i have one you can have. its bern looking but isnt. and its camo.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2015

^^ Recommendation: Do NOT lend girlfriend's helmet without explicit permission. They may be completely grossed out by such things. I know this from experience.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2015

Good point! Good thing somebody else came through.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

any one have the aca pacfic coast section 4 touring map that they would loan me for about a week?

http://www.adventurecycling.org/cyclosource-store/route-maps/sp/pacific-coast-route-section-4/gone
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015 edited

You don't need a map. Ride down 1 until you get to Lompoc, then take 246 to solving, and then to Refugio road. Ride over Refugio pass, canp at Refugio state beach, and get back on 1/101 to SB.

Fwiw, San luis obispo to Refugio state beach (over the pass! Do it!) is one of the best days of riding I've done in my life.

For real, you don't need a map.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

Y'all take better bike rides than I do. I need to fix that.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

need to borrow a 120-130mm 1-1/8" stem for 31.8 bars at a road angle plzMUFFDVR
    Might be barking up the wrong tree here, but anyone have a set of those ramps for lifting up a car?I thought that might be you! But there was no shimmy-shake so I couldn't be sure.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

Need to swap headsets between two bikes.

Anyone have a headcup removal tool/press I could use?
    stingobango:Might be barking up the wrong tree here, but anyone have a set of those ramps for lifting up a car?

Home depot rents these for not a lot of money.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt