Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

I have a blackburn trainer that I hate.
    You can buy it for like $25.

In work traveling until like thursday though.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010

trail runners--hit me on gchat or fb. thinkin about goin tomorrow."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    I'm looking for a heavy duty stapler to borrow. Something like this:

I'm going to reupholster my chair. Woo!
    haha kewl project! did you ever find what you needed? i might have a hammer stapler around here somewhere...

^^also, how'd that wheel turn out gilbert?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010

^

Hey, Ive been away from the forums way too much lately but I stopped by to say specifically THANK YOU SO MUCH. How can I get this back to you (fyi the wheel truing revealed alot. bent rear axle, hub needed repacking, got the rear wheel trued up the front one is proving harder.

holla at me via cell or gmail!"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    gah, I keep forgetting you have my truing stand gilbert! let's arrange for me to pick it up sometime this week.

also, i've been doing a little reading re: coffee roasting/brewing. perhaps you can lay some knowledge on mebowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010

hey! Ive been sending you texts and just today realized doesn't your phone not get text messages or something? I haven't been on BF for like weeks, so sorry!

Yeah just call em anytime and we'll do the swap (again, rarely on BF these days) I can give you a roasting tutorial if you want!

63aught 36three oneaught75"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2010 edited

This is a tall order perhaps, but next weekend (2/26-28) I'm looking to go skiing for the first time ever... does anyone have any gear my size that I could borrow? Since I've never done any of it, I'm open to skiing or snowboarding. I'm just excited to try. I'm 5'11, 10.5 shoe, large helmet size. The one thing I do have are goggles. Can anyone help a former Florida boy out? I'll do something nice for you in return.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ^i have a jacket.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    joey i have stuff you can borrow, however if you break it you bought it. i probs have most clothing you need.

also where are you going?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    ^he needs underware.... yeah.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010

hey joey, i have a board, 2-3 pairs of boots around ur size, and bindings i could let you barrow for the weekend. but like ella said, you break it you buy it (it is all new). lemme know. weisberger.t at gmail

my helmet is a M, so i dunno if that would fit, but u can usually rent a helmet for $5

could someone i know vouch for him, cause i have never met him?boooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010

Ella and Travis, that'd be really great.
    Ella, you say you have gear my size and clothes too? I'll give you a call tomorrow if you're free and we can talk.
    Travis, I'll shoot you an email now. If someone can vouch for me, great. I can also give you my bike for the weekend as collateral.
    Also: pardon my noob here, but how easy is it to break gear? I'm pretty gentle on my stuff, so just curious.
    Thanks for the replies!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    just dug out my thermarest from the attic, it's delaminated and is now blowing up at one end. anyone have a 4 season I can borrow for the weekend?Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited

I just use a foam camping mat. Old school, but has served me well through all seasons.

You're welcome to borrow it if you want. It doesn't look like it's going to be too cold, so depending on what you're going to be using it for, it'll probably (maybe?) work.unstuck in time
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010 edited

^I don't have a 4season therma rest but i have a full length thermarest foam pad (better insulation value than an inflatable one), and both a 3/4 and full length thermarest regular inflatable pad.gone
    well I'll be camping up in the whites sans tent so i wanted something pretty warmTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

Sans tent?!

Have you looked at the weather for the weekend lately?

Snow/slush/rain is on the horizon for the New England area.unstuck in time
    artesc:Sans tent?!

Have you looked at the weather for the weekend lately?

Snow/slush/rain is on the horizon for the New England area.

yup it should be FUN! should be getting 2 feet up on owl head.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    pete thought you were coming with us?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2010

I am Mr. Shelby, not Ms.
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010

Mr. Shelby:I am Mr. Shelby, not Ms.
    who is ms?boooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

The former Miss Alexi Gigantic.

Also, a big shout to Travis for loaning me snowboarding gear. A huge pot of collards greens for you upon your return from CA.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Does anyone have some sort of extremely efficient/wonderful travel bag into which I could put my partially disassembled 44cm Redline 925 in order to take it on a plane with me to Oregon? Would you lend it to me for a week? I could repay in beerz, including but not limited to hard to find westcoast beerz. I am extremely responsible! I prom prom!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    i have a box you can use to ship it. it's got the padding that goes over the tubes and everything.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorgc

^^i think rob gigantic has a freight travel case that you might be able to borrow.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010 edited

@ ms. shelby: Meh, getting miserably soaked is not my idea of fun. But, offer still stands if you want it.

^^
    @ tinyhonks. I have a hard-sided bike travel case with roller-wheels, handles, wheelbags...the whole shebang. It's fancy and will protect your bike just dandy. You can borrow it if you want.

I love west coast beer (I'm assuming).unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010 edited

thing to note - they upped the charges in most airlines to ~$160 per way (as in, $320 RT) for a bike if it's in a box or a hard travel case like that^ one. rob's travel case, if it's available, is under regulation size and so you most likely won't be charged (as long as you don't admit it's a bike - wheelchair! massage table! not bike) but there is the possibility you could be. if you're only going for a week, it might be worth it to see if there are any shops where you are going that you can rent from. it will likely be less expensive unless you get your hands on a freight travel case and less hassle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

^
    What the hell? $160, that's ridiculous.

Southwest charges $50 each way, as long as the entire thing is under 50 lbs (which it always has been for me).unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah, i took one to chicago & back a few years ago for the sadie hawkins race for $80 each way. this summer i looked at taking my bike with me to colorado when i was going out for my cousin's wedding and it would have cost more than the round trip tickets. rob generously loaned me his travel case but i ended up having the tendonitis/bursitis in my ankle flare up so i left my bike at home and rented a road bike one day towards the end of the trip when my ankle felt better. i admit, for what i was doing (poking around CO vs. doing an alleycat) it was way easier to just rent a bike when i needed it and not have to cart the box/bike around everywhere.
    artesc:@ ms. shelby: Meh, getting miserably soaked is not my idea of fun. But, offer still stands if you want it.

it's supposed to snow up north not rain so I won't be soaking wet, bivey sack and snowcave for the win
    oh and I think I'm borrowing one from Mr. bear
    Take-off everything but your rainboots
    @Conor, thanks for the offer, but I don'tthink I want to ship it

@artesc, that is just what I'm looking for, do you know the dimensions? I'm flying Alaska and they have a 62 linear inch limit. But the oversize fee up to 100 inches is $50 one way.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I don't think lying about what's in your luggage is a good idea in this day and age...just in case they x-ray it and are like YOU LIEEEEEE OFF TO GUANTANAMO.

not sure if anyone was actually suggesting it, just sayin'.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

@ tiny. It's been considered oversized every time I used it.
    Hosted by imgur.com

@ ms. shelby.
    -Snow Cave + Bivy Sack = Win.
    Kudos on your hardcore, L337 camping skill. Watch out for collapsed snow caves, it happened to me once before. Fucking terrifying.unstuck in time
    artesc:@ tiny. It's been considered oversized every time I used it.
    Hosted by imgur.com

thanks, I realized that was a dumb question after I posted it. i'll be in touch?
    i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ....... Stud Finder. Seriously... I don't want to destroy my wall when I drill into it and I intend to hang some stuff.

Commence jokes since you guys suck....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

beep beep beepMUFFDVR
    If you've got at least a little money to spare, Home Depot has them for about ten dollars, or they did when I was in Connecticut two weekends ago (I don't know why different stores would have different prices/stock but you never know).

However, depending on how thick your walls are/what they're made of, you could do the old thump-with-your-fist-and-listen-closely but that also might drum up some unfriendly beighnors.

Or see if your landlord has the plans for the house, which might tell you the spacing.

*Neighbors. wow. i'm tired.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^^... yeah why not...
    ^ trying to BORROW one. Walls are plaster I believe. I'd rather do it with a stud finder since I want to hang a fair amount of weight and don't want to rip a hole in the wall.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

@tinyhonks

Natch. Whisper away.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010

Craig. Really?

Eric: I've got a stud finder. How's tomorrow before noon looking for you? Give me a call or text today before 4:00.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    I was mostly suggesting the second ideas, then remembered the first. I'm not sure why I put it first.

just a suggestion, drill a hole before you put a nail or screw in. i recall when BU's maintanance people did some work in my building, they just drilled screws straight into the wall and ended up making gigantic, ugly cracks because the walls weren't as flexible as they thought. dunno if you've done anything like this before, just sayin'.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    eric, I have a sledge hammer. Tare down your wall, then mark where the studs are. Then put sheet rock back on the walls. Then you will know where all your studs are. Easy as Pie.polo
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited

Speaking of disguising things and lying about luggage, check this thing out. It's a bike bag for a Bmx that's disguised as a golf bag (most airlines charge extra for bikes but not golf bags). Pretty badass. I've never travelled with my bmx but if I do, i'm getting this out of it's sheer awesomness.
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

@craig, most contractor don't put studs in their plans. Convention is 18" between studs. and asking a landlord would be retarded, it is in 90% of our leases that no putting holes in walls. But who know what they did with a placeboooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Criag, if the man wanted advice from an inexperienced college freshman on how to annoy his neighbors and freak out his landlord, he would have asked for that. You're killing me, smalls. but thanks for the laughs.

Also, fuckface wins this one.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorgc

anyone have a headset press I can borrow?

will bake you rad cookies, buy you the best beer you ever had, fix your bike.gone
    grahambear:anyone have a headset press I can borrow?

will bake you rad cookies, buy you the best beer you ever had, fix your bike.

make your ownTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^i have the basic "home mechanics" headset press that you can use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

it's jitensha:gah, I keep forgetting you have my truing stand gilbert! let's arrange for me to pick it up sometime this week.

also, i've been doing a little reading re: coffee roasting/brewing. perhaps you can lay some knowledge on me

Sir, are you okay? Alive? I feel horrible since I've had this in my bike room forever, but you haven't been responding to my texts or messages on the forum! Hit me on gmail (cgilbe1 at gmail or via cell!) so i can get it back to you and drop some coffee knowledge bombs on ya"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)