Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010

Hey Xue last time I checked your feets were tiny.

(I have a pair that might work)ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited

May I borrow, for a week starting tomorrow:

U Lock
    Handlebar Bag

plzkthxascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

^ I have a spare ulock. its heavy though. Holla via gmail. cgilbe1 at gmail."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    ^^I have a crappy bell ulock if needed. not heavy.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthortristan

I acutally went out and bought a lock today. I was also tired of using a cable lock, despite its general usefulness. Thanks folks :)

Got a handlebar bag as well, so I'm set!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    xue, are you renewing your vows with marianna?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

chainsaw, please. anybody? promise not to maul anyone with it.

also - to preempt bonesy, it should work, be in boston, and preferably be available for me to excavate a couple of tree stumps this weekend. :)
    aw man. i was all set to nominate mr. bones.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah. first person i thought of too but sweet METAL pictures aren't going to help me get that willow stump out of my future berry patch. i need raspberries, damnit!
    does anyone have an audio recorder i could borrow for our brookline<->brooklyn ride in July? I can offer serious collateral till i return in the form of valuable things, or i can give you scratch for the trouble. plus i won't scratch or trouble it.Much like the earth's mantle, that sort of thing is beneath us.
    blarg! poor planning! does anyone have a strap-on fender I could borrow for tomorrow? I didn't check the weather for the trip to my parents' and now all the shops are closed and won't be open before I leave at 8:30 tomorrow morning. pretty please?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Pedals and clips for a couple days until International can figure out how to remove my old cleats from my shoes. Bonus points if you can run them to my place in Allston with a pedal wrench. Most of my spare parts and tools are in Denver.Girls on bikes really turn my crank
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2010

what kind of shoes do you have? a lot of shoes have a replacement plate where you can drill the cleats out and then replace the plate, voila. put in new cleats and screws and you're good to go. i've fixed shimano, specialized, and sidi shoes that way.
    i have pedals and clips if you still need.joeyfresh, MPH: Clearly you've never met Shah. Motherfucker could eat 2700lbs on the spot and then carry the other half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2010

Anyone have a mountain bike that I could borrow? I am 5'6", and would bake you cookies. Or something equally delicious.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010

Anyone have a bike trailer I can borrow? Got two big boxes delivered to work and I'd really prefer not to take the train.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i have a puppy trailer. since it's a covered trailer, it's more limited than your conventional trailer as to what you can put in it, but you can collapse down the sides and put stuff on it like a trailer bed if you need to. fair warning - it used to be referred to as the "poop trailer", but it's been cleaned thoroughly since then. it might have a lingering smell of cleaning product and dirt. easily attached with a rear QR.
    • CommentAuthorben

Hahaha thanks for the offer. I was just reminded though that a friend with a car works nearby and he's offered to help me move them.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Anybody have a freewheel remover I could borrow for a brief spot?

I... don't actually know what kind of lockring I'm dealing with... it's a Campy C-record hub.

Admittedly it might be easier to drop by Open and use their tools for a second, or go pay Broadway a bit to use theirs.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010

i have a 16T freewheel you can borrow as long as you want, but i ain't got the tools to get it off mah wheel.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    eBAUMANN:^open

Fair enough... I also left out that I live about 5 minutes from there walking.

It's actually a cassette, or whatever, 7 speed, but thanks if that offer was to me surprisefries (mmm, fries)!
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010

any one have a headset press they could loan me preferably today/tonight or tomorrow?

in exchange for a 6pack or cookiesgone
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2010

looking for a drill of some sort to install some rack things in my kitchen.
    maybe bring to picnic if you are going?
    thanks in advance!RIDE METAL
    i need as many pipe wrenches as i can get my hands on. i figure the more the merrier with this project.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Sweet Dreams Doppelgangers
    Sweet dreams, doppelgangers!You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Sean what are you going to do?

(I have two)Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    stuck aluminum seat post in a steel frame (clowntown)..once i dump some drano in there for a day i'm goin at with the wrench if i can't pull it out.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2010

wait, you own clowntown now?gone
    Mick:stuck aluminum seat post in a steel frame (clowntown)..once i dump some drano in there for a day i'm goin at with the wrench if i can't pull it out.

use ammonia instead of drano
    I will gladly assist you with this.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ill try ammonia first, then drano, then if that don't work, dry icesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Mick:ill try ammonia first, then drano, then if that don't work, dry ice

make sure you rinse out the ammonia before dumping the drano in or things might get
    or better yet..
    SNAFU!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

grey ham:wait, you own clowntown now?
    he was in need, i wasn't, clowntown has moved on...RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

clowntown is about to clOWNtOWN Sean.

I wish you the best, brother, but I can't wait to hear the report back...We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2010

After seeing and riding clowntown I wish it was mine.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorcparx
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010

i am flying with the bike at the end of the month and was wondering if any of you nice folks have a set of dropout protectors i can use for a week or so
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2010

^every time I've needed them, I've just asked a shop and gotten them free.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    If you're talking about those little plastic things that go where axles of the wheels usually are, I've got a set.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcparx
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2010

cool, i'll try to get a pair from a shop on the day off - if not i'll have to hit you up for those
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010 edited

anyone have a shitty stick welder they can loan / skill share, i can come to you, barter a 6pack.
    i need to do a little modification on my wald basket.gone
    does anybody have a vice i can come use at some point?? (involves a stuck seatpost)somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I could get you into SMFA to use a bench vice sometime later this week.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    crank puller anyone? just need to adjust/ possibly replace a bbthis life may not be for you - ridecrazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010

i might have asked this before, but i really do need to borrow a gas powered chainsaw for a day. anyone?
    ^I may be able to help you with that. . . but it worries me, the idea of you with a chainsaw.[all your base are belong to us]
    i trust lauren more with a chainsaw than youYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010 edited

i would love you forever if you could help me with that.

but don't worry. it's for trees, not people!

also, do you not know i have a basement/bike room full of power tools? i have been slowly amassing all means of cutting, drilling, hammering, etc. and i still have all my fingers! if that doesn't instill confidence, i don't know what does. :) but, other than this one instance, i see no point in having a chainsaw on hand.

edit: why thank you, ella!
    ^Actually Lauren, take it as a compliment that I'd consider loaning it to you. My hesitance has nothing to do with your having of a vagina, and everything to do with the fact that it is only tool I've use that I am frightened by. There are all kinds of ways to accidentally bind the chain, have it snap and tear your face off.

Hazards aside, I'm not sure it can be made to run, but I will look into it for you.

<3[:|]E>[all your base are belong to us]