Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited

•  
      CommentAuthordrchae
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008

I gave up meat as a new year's resolution. So far it's been great, but I'm starting to lose steam. Any advice for the weary?

I really love 101 cookbooks. It's got great recipes even for non-vegetarian food stuffs!
    Learn your seitan and your lentils!
    • CommentAuthor.
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008 edited

BTW I found this great site recently. I believe its all vegan but its not hard to change things around from vegan to veg if you wanted to. I havent cooked anything from it yet. But I like it since I'm very photography oriented so I like seeing what I'm going to make in a professional way. And I know most people are picture oriented too..

http://www.vegalicious.org/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2008

drchae, i figure that when i had cravings for meat that was due to a lack of nutrients. so to get rid of these cravings i found the best way was to eat dark vegetables, and root vegetables. stop eating any junk food at all, and try to not even cook anything, just steam (rice included). if it's the protein that you need, rice and beans with some hot sauce do very well. if you come across some adzuki beans, get them, they are quite nutrient dense.
    peanut butter rice = so good. with garlic and hot pepper. there's ya protein!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthordrchae
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008

Peanut butter rice? Insane. So crazy I just might have to try it.

Pete -- thanks for the adzuki tip. I've only had adzuki beans in sweets and ice cream so I'm curious to see how they'd go over in a regular meal.
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008

http:/www.vegweb.com is the way to go, you can find vegan recipes on there and most of them are convertible from vegetarian. The best part is that people review it and upload their photos, so you can see how it will actually turn out. And you can kind of search by ingredients, etc. They have a vegan fudgsicle recipe up right now on the main page that looks scrumptious.

I have 20+ veg cookbooks at home, even little vegan zines that I picked up here and there. The best are Vegan with a Vengeance, How it All Vegan ( and the Garden of Vegan), Don't Feed the Bears, etc.
    Best vegetarian cookbook I've encountered:

Vegetarian cookbook I really want to try/own:
    Word nerd
    drchae:Peanut butter rice? Insane. So crazy I just might have to try it.

Pete -- thanks for the adzuki tip. I've only had adzuki beans in sweets and ice cream so I'm curious to see how they'd go over in a regular meal.

it's my food for when i'm too lazy to cook real food.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2008

page one of this thread is so aggressive

at work this woman kind of summed it up well to me: you will never be able to convince someone of the benefits of vegan foods with your words, you HAVE to do it at a potluck

then when they say, this is good what's in it? you just say TVP and deez nuts

what are people's thoughts on veganomicon?enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^i'm not exactly the cookbook sort, but my roommate has it and made the best mac'n'creeze from it. the delicious blueberry cake thing she made might also have been from veganomicon. if so, my thumbs are definitely up.
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald

Just made vegan pink confetti cake.
    VEGAN PINK CONFETTI CAKE
    areyouamemberofELF:
    what are people's thoughts on veganomicon?

My girlfriend's parents bought me a copy of it for chanukah...shits awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008

OMG confetti cake! amazing. is that from veganomicon?
    • CommentAuthorMcDonald
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2008

No, it's a plain cake mix with sprinkles added in. And store bought icing that happened to be vegan, with more sprinkles on top.
    • CommentAuthorStebs
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2008

YO!

I am working for this site that films and edits cooking videos and i just edited a video for this great vegan dish for thanksgiving (or anytime really). It's a Seitan Roulade with Fig & Wild Rice Stuffing.... thought you guys would be interested!

Vegan Roulade
    • CommentAuthoralextady
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2011 edited

This is a nice web site. Good fresh interface and nice informative articles.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012

WUTMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012

spammer. deleted.
    i'm glad this thread was topped. i have at least half a pound of nutritional yeast and want to do something with it (that isn't sprinkling it on sandwiches and veggies).You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

I made this vegan pesto with some 'nooch
    http://www.theppk.com/2011/12/bestest-pesto/
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2012

^BOOKMARKED.not another pitcher!
    grev:^BOOKMARKED.
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Lyzard:I made this vegan pesto with some 'nooch
    http://www.theppk.com/2011/12/bestest-pesto/

made this the other night, except i subbed pistachios for the pine nuts and walnuts. it was seriously the best pesto i ever had.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    my gf's cousin has a vegan food blog that even meat eaters should read: http://sohowdoyougetyourprotein.blogspot.com/