Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

is stetson east the one with the flat pizza and the stirfry?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorgrev
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009

nope, that's west.not another pitcher!
    East has flat pizza now too. That stirfry in West is soooo gross. Two thumbs up to West's paninis though.
    yeah, i wasn't a fan of the stirfry. since when does west have paninis? did i just not know of them for a whole year?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    they are new, and delicious. also, mango soft serve in east now.
    OH SHIT.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009 edited

haha nah man i wont have one on me..im goin off campus this yr and will have enough room in the apt for my bikes that i wont need to bring one..sorry

..supposed to be a whisper hahasomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthordavid3558
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2009

anyone else with some options on dorm bike storage/lockup?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2009

stilgar:^two hooks in the ceiling above the bed, hang them off them...when you are banging your significant other they can look up and see a sweet bicycle chandelier....guaranteed to get you laid.

sometimes. but if yer hittin' it dog or reverse cowgirl, it's more difficult. jus' sayin'.

and ya know why canadians do it dog? so they can both watch the hockey game!

hardeeharhar!!!!!!
    DannyRocks:you're allowed to do anything you dont get caught for.
    don't, for example, shout out the window that your roomate is selling weed when there are cops around the corner.

NU, at it's best.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2009 edited

deadbolt:why not just move to Cambridge? rent really isn't that extraordinary and a lot of us live there. it's really sweet
    also- check out Somerville (Davis Sq and Porter Sq specifically), Watertown and Allston/Brighton.
    lots of students live in those towns and the rent is more affordable than any other part of the Greater Boston Area on the Cambridge side of the Charles.
    (although Allston/Brighton are actually just villages of Boston and on the Boston side of the Charles River)

Thanks for the advice i actually have found a place near Davis square by the library, im planning on flying out in the first week of august !
    im pretty excited i was born in New York but have grown up in L.A. most my life.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009

yea come on out to slummerville, it is cheap without being tacky! Plus there are some nice big hills to keep your legs in shape :)this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthordavid3558
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009

What's the best gearing to go with? I'm thinking either my current 46/17 or 44/17...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpbj1435
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2009 edited

you'll be fine with a higher ratio, as far as Boston goes hills are almost non existent beside a few outliers here and there but its whatever you feel comfortable with, myself I hate to be going 25 mph and feel like i'm in some kind of spinning class
    69 gear inches is where it's at, just ask John Allis
    Take-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited

Dig that hat stack he's got going on there.

edit, to not be useless - I ride 72 gear inches and find myself spinning out pretty frequently. that is all.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorgytterberg
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

trizzt:Dig that hat stack he's got going on there.

edit, to not be useless - I ride 72 gear inches and find myself spinning out pretty frequently. that is all.

Seriously that headcovering needs a manual.

I find 83 inches (with 175mm cranks admittedly) to be a little spinny. But then I only ride the track bike when I'm out just fucking around and going fast.

But yeah, unless you live on one of the outlier hills you can pretend they don't exist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

Alexi Gigantic II:69 gear inches is where it's at, just ask John Allis

legend. i was draftin' on him oncet when he was on his fixed. at a hill (trapelo road goin' outta belmont) he dropped me like a turd.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009

I ride 46/16 and it can be a bit of a struggle getting up some of the bigger hills in somerville...however I am getting stronger every time i go up and over them beasts, and now the comparativly weak hills in boston offer no resistance whatsoever. I only find myself spinning out going down the other sides of said big hills.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

I rode 42 or 46/14 from summer 08 to spring 09. It made me hate fixed gear like nothing else, but I can at least give it credit for giving me decent cadence.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I only ride 95 gear inches. for the street, anyway. Prefer around 150 for the track.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthordavid3558
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009

Thanks (sorry for late reply; eff internet-use in China)!

Anyways, I heard that some schools let you bring bikes into the classrooms, does anyone know if NU allows that? Lastly, I'm getting ready to pick up some stuff to help store my bike in the freshman dorm...any last suggestions?

Thanks again!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

At my school nobody cares if you bring a bike into the classrooms. It could be different at NU. I wasted time locking up my bike everywhere I went for a year or so, now I just bring it into the hallway or whatever classroom I'm in. Only if i have spare time will I lock it.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

nu i don't recall disallowing that, but some classrooms are tiny and it'd be a stuggle/pain. just bring a u lock and lock up on campus, theres plenty of spots that will be close enough to all your classes.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorjohn89
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2016

Hello everyone,
    I am john.Growing up I competed in a variety of sports, but long before I ever thought about throwing a leg over a bicycle to race one, I loved riding my bike more than anything else. After school, on the weekends, or at the motorcycle races where my parents competed, if you were looking for my brother and I, chances are you'd find us on our bikes.
    My desire for competition, combined with my love of cycling, propelled me towards a career as a professional cyclist. I raced road bicycles competitively for 11 years, racing professionally in Europe and America.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2016

Hi John, welcome to Boston! Post on the "Introduce Yourself" thread at the top and tell us a little more. I am psyched to hear war stories from your pro cycling career.

Be warned, a lot of us are jerks, and a lot of us don't live in Boston anymore, and a lot of us don't ride fixed anymore. I like to think I'm only one of the three.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Karl?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorjohn89
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2016

Hello pocky,
    Thanks for your reply.Here's i am sharing my first bicycle experience, I still remember the day when I got my first bicycle. I got it when I was seven years old. It was a four-wheel cycle. It was pink in colour. There was a beautiful picture of Barbie on my cycle seat. Every day morning I would ride my cycle . I loved to ring the bell whenever I saw people coming near my cycle. My cycle had a basket in the front. I always kept my favourite teddy bear in the basket. Afterwards my father removed the side wheels. I was very scared to ride the cycle without side wheels.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2016

my first instinct is to assume this is someone trolling me...and i'm usually right.