Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Aye, I just got my first road bike (stoked) and I'm looking to take more long(ish) rides with it. I want top start off with a nice 50 mile round tripper or 50 miles one way with a commuter rail option back as I haven't done much 'distance' before. I really wanna see some scenic stuff so if you have any routes you've done/good internet or print resources/whateverrrr I would really appreciate it. I would be starting in Somerville. Is Manchester by the Sea as majestic as it sounds?and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2014

^It's pretty, and not a bad ride after you get out of the shitholes of Everett/Lynn/Revere. I'd do this ride sometime.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Sounds like we need a TSB ride soon. I say this but it's unlikely i'd be able to actually do it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiiike
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014 edited

Hey guys and girls, long time no see.

Quick question -- can anyone suggest the best riding route from Cambridge to Singing Beach in Manchester? Going to try and make a trip up there in the next few weekends and realized I have no idea which way to go. Tried using the search to no avail, and saw the post above -- no routes doe.sports!
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014 edited

You can use google maps. I just punched it in and BAM! It's not very direct however, there are a lot of turns. It's 28 - 62 - 127Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014

Also, you can let me know when you're there. I live in Gloucester, so I can show you a couple places around if you want.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    This is the 2011 Tour de Clam route, Cambo to Ipswich

We bollocksed up the part by the Gateway Center, so you might double check that, and it sort of only got nice in Wakefield. It was based on Ben's route to NH.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014

I just take 99 and 1A, more or less. I'm too lazy to look it up.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2014

Anybody want to take a chill ride down to Providence this weekend? Maybe Sunday? If you don't think you can handle the whole way, you can just hop on the commuter rail and head back.

WARNING: Left to my own devices, I'd just take Rt 1 the whole way. Save me from myself.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Not one of you even asked me how my cross country tour with bird went. Fuckin' a-holes.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2014

what are you talking about fister? cross country as in across the country, or cross country as in xc as in mountain bikes?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

hey i feel like i'm losing my tour fitness level and i am bummed, and also i was in Topsfield and saw some leaves that had changed color and it made me freak/bummed.
    SO

who wants to go for bike rides?!

I am thinking something less than 50 miles, i am pretty slow, i'd say average pace is like...12mph for me or something. it takes me like 3 hours to do the Ferris Wheels Womens route which is 40 miles i think

saturday during the day?
    sunday during the day?
    i am planning on working early shifts next week during the week. anyone down for doing rides that leave the city around 3/4:00?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    I would still like to do the East Bay Bikepath with someone, ideally someone slow.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

i am down! i did that trail like, 7 years ago or something and i remember it being beautiful. would def do it again!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    dora:hey i feel like i'm losing my tour fitness level and i am bummed, and also i was in Topsfield and saw some leaves that had changed color and it made me freak/bummed.
    SO

who wants to go for bike rides?!

I am thinking something less than 50 miles, i am pretty slow, i'd say average pace is like...12mph for me or something. it takes me like 3 hours to do the Ferris Wheels Womens route which is 40 miles i think

I would love to do a slow ride around 50 miles, I'm still trying to develop 'distance fitness', the furthest I've gone is like...40 miles. I am down, Dora!and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2014

helllllllllllllllllll yea chris! that would rule, let's make it happen!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    dora:what are you talking about fister? cross country as in across the country, or cross country as in xc as in mountain bikes?

I'm talking about why this thread was started, the first post in the thread you bumped.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014

fair enough!

so how did it go?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    thanks for asking. it's a bit complicated, actually. maybe someday i'll feel comfortable telling the whole story but it'd have to be in person.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2014

IMPORTANT KWESHTIUNS FOR d2r2 ppl:

thinking about doing some of the route, potentially this &/or next weekend, potentially by myself

how lost am i going to get? i am not good with directions and do not have a GPS.
    is there cell phone service out there?
    am i going to die if i do the 40 mile loop? i am fat and slow :)
    can i still park in the designated parking area on the d2r2 website if it's not during the actual event?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    wut is d2r2?and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2014 edited

^ and they said we had no new people! D2R2 is a dirt-road ride in Western MA that's hecka hilly and pretty fun/suffery.

Dora, I only got lost once on the 40 mile route, and it was before I even left the "town" part - I think the cue sheets are pretty good, and the 40mi is basically an out-and-back, maybe half on town roads. And it's not death-y, I was able to do it! There are like 2 hills, and I'm not even sure they're really on the route cause I took a wrong turn. Don't know about parking, but the place where they had designated parking 2 years ago was a farm field, so you probably can't park there, but you probably don't need/want to.

100k will kill you thoi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2014

cool, thanks marianna! :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.