Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorilikeitfixed
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007 edited

i know most of you on here might be artists as well as bike lovers. so i decided to gather some photos of some of my work and post them up. you all should do the same.

36X24 canvas. spray paint, india ink, paint markers 2007

24X18 plywood. spraypaint, permanant marker 2005

18x12 canvas. acrylics 2000

24x20 canvas. spraypaint, paint markers 2006

24x20 canvas. spraypaint, acrylics, whiteout 2006

shoes. ballpoint pen, paintmarkers 2006

skateboard deck griptape stencil. spray paint 2004ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    • CommentAuthorDana
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007 edited

Recluse Designs (constantly under construction)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007 edited

i take pictures, mainly portraits.

and i get my hands dirty all the time.
    i do photography, though i haven't done anything substantial in a very long time.

most of the black and white is from high school and freshmen year of college. the rest are from the past two years or so.
    • CommentAuthorgone
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007

You don't have to be Tom Marioni to know that

"The Act of Drinking Beer With Friends is the Highest Art Form."
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

need to sort 051

assorted mechanical steel tubing, about 22' tall at it's highest point, 25' wide across the top, and at the widest point on the front part. Later covered with wood and foam. I drafted and engineered this from a 1/2" = 1' scale model, other people built it.

EDIT: unfortunately I can't find a finished picture.

weavers ceiling 2

more assorted steel tubing, pre-foam covering. About 25' across the back, 30' across the front, and 20' deep. I'm the guy standing in the middle of the picture, I did about half the welding on this, and contributed to the engineering as well.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

jacobs:i take pictures, mainly portraits.

Hasselblad?(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs

moscow:
    jacobs:i take pictures, mainly portraits.

Hasselblad?

zeiss nettar, although i'm working on restoring a few nicer medium format cameras with broken bits.
    • CommentAuthorslowski

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I like art and photography but suck at both. Here is an example.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^HA!(moscow)
    ^^Skills of an artist!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

i got into taking pics this past spring..unfortunately, school's been keeping me from going out too much recently..
    a bus:

polo:

track:

clouds:

dog:
    I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    lauren you should post up the shoes i did for you because i still havent received the picture you promisedride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    • CommentAuthorbostonfix

check out some of my photos here:
    www.adammarcinek.carbonmade.com

and here
    www.adammarcinek.com

other people I work with
    www.theexposureproject.com

ART!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

[edit] sorry, i deleted them from flickr
    Ohh... I like the last painting. I've seen some of these, perhaps ERC?
    -Robot[all your base are belong to us]
    wow pete now i know what you mean about your paintings. those things are beautifulride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^thanks.
    robotbuilder:Ohh... I like the last painting. I've seen some of these, perhaps ERC?
    -Robot

nope, these havent been shown yet. the top 4 are in process, the last two were from some years ago
    • CommentAuthorDana

i wish i could paintRecluse Designs (constantly under construction)
    pete! that first one is really great!

i doubt the images i put together for my (architecture) presentations are 'art' worthy....
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

ilikeitfixed:lauren you should post up the shoes i did for you because i still havent received the picture you promised

i promised a picture? of what? the shoes?

currently: my internet doesn't work. my camera sucks. i need a card reader to get images from my memory card onto the computer, b/c they are incompatible. don't hold your breath.
    yeah the shoes i painted for ya. id like to see a photo of them when you get a chanceride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)

one of my first ever attempts at freehand. 2006
    more of my graphic design will be posted in about a month, i left my stick drive in my dorm. :(ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

[hunkering down for drivetrain rants...]

as i said, don't hold your breath for pics. sorry.
    i do a lot of stuff with a wacom tablet these days.

flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorkanst
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007 edited

blah
    • CommentAuthorDana
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2007

did it not show up for everyone else? it looked fine on my comp. i terrible with html anyhowRecluse Designs (constantly under construction)
    • CommentAuthorkanst

Dana:did it not show up for everyone else? it looked fine on my comp. i terrible with html anyhow

I dunno it didnt show up on mine so I went in and changed some of the tags
    • CommentAuthorDana

oh weird, well thanks for doing that anyways. i appreciate it.Recluse Designs (constantly under construction)
    some older art
    Paying work
    i really like that stay afloat installment. where did you do that?ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    At MassArt in 2004, it was a collab. with my printmaker buddy mike barnett. Its a concrete canoe.
    mmmm... sliding panels/doors on an overhead track... is that corrugate metal in there or a tinted plastic?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Pearlescent white acrylic.
    hotness.
    are you familiar with the work of hypearc? pretty much they're the jam.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorgone

deleteradio:i do photography, though i haven't done anything substantial in a very long time.

I used to play in a band.
    I made a picture for their first record.
    It looked like this (the text came later):

dan bones!:i do a lot of stuff with a wacom tablet these days.

My name is robot and I do not approve this message.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007

dingleberry, that iron shit is sexy!!(moscow)
    joshbots, i've done a ton of those comics. the robot has all the snappy one liners and can turn his arms into chainsaws and flamethrowers. also, it has the jetpack.

some of the work you all are posting here is incredible! keep posting and stuff.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    ^I'm snarky and have a jet pack. . .[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007 edited

i wish i had some pics of some of the dry laid stonework i've helped build. but its not going anywhere for a long long time.
    theres nothing like moving 700-1000 pound rocks completely by hand, then building a stair case with them. or shaping rocks with a chisel and a hammer...

also, some peeps in here have mad skillz. keep it up.gone
    how do i post stuff? not that my intior design stuff can compare..but i figure renderings are kinda complex...right?

oh well, my shit can't compare to real art...dammit!
    • CommentAuthorkanst

I wish I had any artistic ability what-so-ever. I have trouble with stick figures
    Couple fauvouriutues of mine over the last year or so...all are unedited, and all avaliable in souper size on flickr.
    P1010091
    P1010916
    (there was a moon...and very long exposure. i think i was trying to write my name or something, and after about a hundred tries this is probably teh closest i got
    P1000200
    P1000667
    P1000698
    P1000957legit bike polo... a gusly entity of delicious. Mallets'n wheelcovers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

watch your file sizes!!!!!11!11!!! it takes like 20 minutes to load this shit, gah! dana, and kanst (though you said you fixed something html wise, it takes forever for those to load)
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007

^ yeah, could we maybe delete one set of those?
    • CommentAuthorkanst
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007

g0balistik:^ yeah, could we maybe delete one set of those?

done
    BUMP
    dont let this thread die people!!ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)