Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

i have 49 new whispers in the DQ thread. all the way back to when i spoke to dora about buying a freight bag [now?] on page 9. wowwww.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2005 edited

seanile mick:i have 49 new whispers in the DQ thread. all the way back to when i spoke to dora about buying a freight bag [now?] on page 9. wowwww.
    issues..i think you broke this thread. because i just posted that^, and it was posted to page 1.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I WILL BE IMMORTALIZED!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ALLLLL THE POSTS TO PAGE 1!!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    i got stuck out in the rain for a few hours without a cover for my brooks. it's definitely stretched. how fucked is it? i haven't used the tension bolt yet; it should be pretty all right if i just adjust that a bit, right?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2009

It's hardly fucked. People gotta stop gettin' their panties in a twist over leather saddles getting wet.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthorDana

Buckley.:It's hardly fucked. People gotta stop gettin' their panties in a twist over leather saddles getting wet.
    agreedRecluse Designs (constantly under construction)
    I was going to say it's not much of a saddle, from a practical standpoint, if you can't get it wet.Word nerd
    cool. awesome. yeah, i'm getting rid of it soon, which is why i'm a bit panicked.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorz000

I have always rubbed on a layer of beeswax on my brooks; it wont really do much if its out in the rain for hours; but for a quick jaunt water beads off of it.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

just don't ride it much until it dries out. even if you do, you're not that heavy and it's no big deal.

when i first got mine it took me a while to get over the omg-my-saddle's-made-of-sugar mindset, too.
    on a related note i have destroyed a b17 by ridding it in the rain (ok 8 hours in a sleet storm). Do not ride it again till it's dry and DO NOT re tension it till it is completely dry. If it is sagging from getting wet stuff the underside with newspaper and tuck the flaps under the rails. Hell i'll often untension a brooks when it gets wet before I stuff it with news paper.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

my brooks creaks a little when I first sit down on it, is that caused by low tension?http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    LOLZ! your saddle weighs much more than my rear wheel, even more than my fork.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2009

kilgore_trout:LOLZ! your saddle weighs much more than my rear wheel, even more than my fork.
    and about five pounds less than my dick and nutshttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    kilgore_trout:LOLZ! your saddle weighs much more than my rear wheel, even more than my fork.

My saddle weighs in at 135 grams.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

my saddle weighs in at who the fuck gives a fuck what weighs what on a fucking commuter bike duh. maybe MAYBE in a very high end discipline of racing does this shit REALLY actually matter now if you'll excuse me i'm going to go nair my nutsack for teh airoenjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

areyouamemberofELF:my saddle weighs in at who the fuck gives a fuck what weighs what on a fucking commuter bike duh. maybe MAYBE in a very high end discipline of racing does this shit REALLY actually matter now if you'll excuse me i'm going to go nair my nutsack for teh airo
    no pain no gain son. that's not just grams you're shaving off, that's seconds on the kilohttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS

the brooks is on a full fender'd schwinn madison. so.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2009

brooks ftl.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    heyo everybody, so, this thread seems pretty useful for this question

so i'm buildin up a se racing premium brew from bikeisland, and im curious bout rims, i've pretty much narrowed it down to mavic open pros or deep vs, surly hubs for whatever i choose...but aside from that, is there a benefit/preference/review that would suggest my usin one rim over the either?

i'd be gettin em from benscycle, and id have them build em too because dont know anything bout that sadly

any help/suggestions are greatly appreciatedsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009

• CommentAuthorjaker

http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=10
    Whatever looks prettier to you, honestly.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

"keel-guard":open pros

deep vs suck dick

yup. Araya 16B gold tubulars would be my choice though.
    • CommentAuthorblitzgreeg

i like my open pro rear, and my cxp22 front
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited

gotta say,
    deep v's have some flaws, no doubt
    strong enough though.
    i have heard newer op's to be questionable.
    edit:
    yeah, for a street wheel just go with cxp-22's. cheap, ugly, and i've never heard any complaints. deepp v's are somewhat overbuilt/heavy, op's are... well, overpriced.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

tho if you feel like spending the dough, the dt swiss rr1.2 rims are damn nicedongpincher 1000
    alright sounds good, no deep vs then haha...but the benscycle sells the open pro rims for $120 as opposed to the $190 that bike wheel wharehouse listed em for, and the surly hubs for $55ish

thoughhh the dt swiss would actually end up bein cheaper overall than the open pros 'cause they'd have to be built.....any idea how the formula hubs that they're laced to are? 'cause i might actually go with these if they aren't shitsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

bikewarehouse is selling a WHEELSET with open pro's, not just the rims.
    formulas are like the vw beetle (og) of track hubs- cheap, reliable, a little ugly but they work.dongpincher 1000
    oooo..thanks for clearin that up haha
    i might go with the dt swiss if i've got that cash, but if not, open pros..thanks a lot for the help!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorjaker

Formula hubs are actually pretty damn tough. I'd recommend them any day. They are unbelievably resilient.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2009 edited

anyone know the deal with the warehouse site? It sounds like they are selling machine built wheels.

I would recommend going through Ben's Cycle. Get that shit handbuilt for real.

otherwise you might as well go to simple living and pick up a cheapo machine built set there.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

all of this hand building stuff can be done locally yanno.enjoy two cosmetics
    i've heard questionable reviews for surly hubs.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Question: why is the traditional color for rain jackets yellow?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    prob to be seen.
    "Rain slickers were made popular on ships. They’re a bright color because they’re easier to see in a storm or other crisis."
    confirmed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2009

^^^I've rocked a surly flip/flop mountain hub on it's fixed side for a couple years now. Its on my fgor/allweather bike. It's never really been touched and it is still golden. I'd buy them again. I also like my shitty Formula hubs alot too though. the surly's just happened to come in 135 mnt spacingThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009

here's a little one for ya: who makes the bikes with a two-headed rabbit head badge? or was it just a fever dream?
    ^That'd be Kinfolk Ms. Xue. http://www.wegotways.com/kinfolkbicycles/clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

Does anyone know if messengers still need to get licensed? And if so who do they get the license from?

You would not believe who asked this question...but it wasn't me.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

^did one of the MB board members watch quicksilver last night and call you all uppity this morning?enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

stilgar:Does anyone know if messengers still need to get licensed? And if so who do they get the license from?

You would not believe who asked this question...but it wasn't me.
    Yes, police station over on Tremont.dongpincher 1000
    ChicagoKarl:"Rain slickers were made popular on ships. They’re a bright color because they’re easier to see in a storm or other crisis."
    confirmed.

Or possibly to attract mates.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

is it possible to buy chamois padding indepedently of the shorts? I would like to convert a pair of cutoffs to make them wearable in public and not obscenehttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    they have mtb padded underwear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

i enjoy going commando too much to get thathttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    • CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited

heres a dumb one....I know critical mass takes place on the last week of every month, but when? Ive always wanted to go but when I see the mass I'm always without my bike.
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

5pm or 5:30ish or 6ish or even later. Basically when enough people show up and then someone want to ride. IMO show up by 5:45-6. No earlier.