Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

trizzt:Is there a place in the boston area where I can buy cordura, and maybe some duck cloth? I want to try my hand on a project I've had in mind for a bit. Also, its about damned time I learn how to sew.

And, uh, anyone have any tips for sewing cordura/duck cloth?

yalls gonna need a serious machine...the kind you get for pants and such simply are not going to cut it, specially if you need to go through multiple layers of the stuff.

As to a source no idea, sorry.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

I offered to sew the pieces on my industrial for trizzt but he wants to do it by hand.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    • CommentAuthortristan

because real men dont use machines.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorgrev

real men ARE machinesnot another pitcher!
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

ohh well if you are going to do it by hand, get a thimble...for serious, and a serious needles, and maybe some pliers.this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthormp050

Do any shops in Boston carry Lazer helmets?
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009

sitting around in cycling shorts all day...potential consequences on the fertility of my boys?this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorgrev

sperm banks, yonot another pitcher!
    Do people understand that waitstaff make $2.63/hr?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

^^ok follow up question (cause I don't even want children) potential consequences on the amount of "lead in my pencil" or "fight in my solder" or "how hard my dick will get"

Anyone know the stats? I know tight pants are bad for fertility (don't really care) but can they effect erection (do care) also I should probably just google this shit, but I feel like making you all do it.this wont hurt a bit...
    Shane, just imagine me in my skinsuit. ;-)

That is all.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorbrittle

shane you just really wanted us all to sit here and think about your junk for a second. don't even deny itdisco visp
    ^oh man.... now I'm thinking about it...... WHYYYYYYY.....

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009

banana truffles:Do people understand that waitstaff make $2.63/hr?

Generally, no. The kind of people who fail to tip or tip obscenely poorly generally have never worked for tips, their parents sponsored them through college, and they landed their shit white-collar job right outta school.
    fuck em.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2009 edited

stilgar:^^ok follow up question (cause I don't even want children) potential consequences on the amount of "lead in my pencil" or "fight in my solder" or "how hard my dick will get"

Anyone know the stats? I know tight pants are bad for fertility (don't really care) but can they effect erection (do care) also I should probably just google this shit, but I feel like making you all do it.

the saddle will effect you far more than the bike shorts
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/health/nutrition/04bike.html

and this tiny url will give you more search results if you feel so inclined to do a lil more reading
    http://tinyurl.com/lvjklnsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

^^what are the kind of people who over-tip like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^The type of people that work hard for little pay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009

I always overtip cause the math is easier...this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorunit

is 20 percent still normal or has it since changed?
    15-20. i usually tip around 20, unless i'm broke.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    20%+ for me. Waitstaff and such work hard.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2009 edited

conor!:15-20. i usually tip around 20+, unless i'm broke.

ftfy

if you can't afford a 20% tip, you can't afford it.dongpincher 1000
    usually hovers around 20-25, fwiw.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    but you make a valid point.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorcindierock

i wish they would just pay the people a decent wage and tipping would no longer be an issue. it was that way in NZ. also they included the tax in the price of items at the store so when an item said it was $2 and you only had $2, you could buy it.. none of this $1.99 actually is $2.19 type stuff. it made budgeting and grocery shopping SO much easier. that ends my rant.
    • CommentAuthorbrittle

tip karma. i work for tips and i also give tips like whoa. these people be gettin paid shit. plus it feels so good to see someone place a whole dollar in that tip jar.disco visp
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

min wage in California is 8 bucks, everyone gets paid at least 8 bucks none of this 2.75 bullshit wow wtf. furthermore i tip depending on service since i have worked the majority of front of house jobs..... i do not reward bad service....mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^minimum wages & wait service do not technically apply. i think minimum here is $7.50 or $8 too. with food service, you can make below minimum wage b/c your tips are supposed to put you over the minimum. if your tips don't bring you up to minimum wage, you're supposed to be paid the extra by your job. being below usually never happens, but sometimes you end up making just over minimum. & that sucks. it's also a bummer to get a paycheck for $1.63 or something equally pathetic because all of your hourly wages were taken for tax from your tips.
    • CommentAuthormauspad

dumb question time:

is this too far forward in the dropout?

From

From w/e

From w/e
    you could probably get away with it, but i wouldn't want to.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthortristan

My rule of thumb is: if the nut has a greater exposed surface area than would normally be exposed by the dropout when the axle was deep in the dropout, its too much.

That looks like too much.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthormauspad

dammit.

putting links in is one of my least favorite things.
    (but i'll take it over eating shit when my rear wheel falls out)
    ^+1. We don't want you eating things like that. It's bad for you.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    if you can't afford a 20% tip, you can't afford it.
    YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2009

ratattack:^minimum wages & wait service do not technically apply. i think minimum here is $7.50 or $8 too. with food service, you can make below minimum wage b/c your tips are supposed to put you over the minimum. if your tips don't bring you up to minimum wage, you're supposed to be paid the extra by your job. being below usually never happens, but sometimes you end up making just over minimum. & that sucks. it's also a bummer to get a paycheck for $1.63 or something equally pathetic because all of your hourly wages were taken for tax from your tips.
    Anyone who is really interested in the whole fucked up situation should read Nickel and Dimed. It's one of the better books about wage slavery.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    • CommentAuthorkeepitreal

^nickel and dimed is a piece of shit book. bitch author reguarly would take breaks from the routine and eat $30 power lunch salads. whiny bitch
    • CommentAuthorgrev

^ i have similar sentiments regarding the book and the author.not another pitcher!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

I agree that she let her bourgeoisie lifestyle seep in, but you have to admit that being paid 6 bucks an hour to clean the shitstains from peoples expensive toilets is humiliating and millions of people do it just to keep their kids fed.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I am really glad i was beaten to the punch about how awful that book (and author) are.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I wonder if there is some kind of internet discussion strategy by which you take topic A, how shitty low wage work is, and then attack something not related B (potentially shitty and rich author about book detailing topic A, honestly I don't know anything about the author), so as to avoid talking about topic A.

Discussthis wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009

yeah its How To Be Shitty At Debate 101, "changing the subject"http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    stilgar:I wonder if there is some kind of internet discussion strategy by which you take topic A, how shitty low wage work is, and then attack something not related B (potentially shitty and rich author about book detailing topic A, honestly I don't know anything about the author), so as to avoid talking about topic A.

Discuss

ionno shane, i just really like reese's pb cups.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2009

barbara ehrenreich once bought a 300 dollar purse therefore her book is All Wrong and Not Truehttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2009

Her work is analagous to Jacob Riis's photography. It's slumming masquerading as awareness.

still, don't order anythign if you can't afford a 20% tip. 15% is acceptable for takeaway fast food (ie, starbucks, i dont think any of the other chains allow tips- plus, the 'bucks deducts a certain amount on your wages as reported tips to the feds- so if you don't tip, you're actually stealing from the person who makes your coffee. and they handle your food. plus, if they're anything like me, they have years of supressed (poorly) rage waiting to unleash on some poor sap who doesn't understand tip protocol and needs it pounded into their skull with the nearest blunt object, which in this case is an expired cinnamon scone.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009

DannyRocks: 15% is acceptable for takeaway fast food

^huh? i don't tip at KFC so why do I have to tip at starbucks? I'll drop whatever change i get for my ice coffee into the jar at the coffee shop, but feeling entitled to a 15% tip for pouring a cup of coffee is crazy. Sucks if that is starbucks' policy, but why not just go work at dunkin donuts?I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    • CommentAuthorunit

does anyone know where that thief vs bike justice video can be seen? It seems that it was pulled from youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

mauspad:dumb question time:

is this too far forward in the dropout?

From

From w/e

From w/e

i've had my rear wheel that far, if not farther forward, on my commuter bike for probably close to two years. you'll be fine.what does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009 edited

papi:
    DannyRocks: 15% is acceptable for takeaway fast food

^huh? i don't tip at KFC so why do I have to tip at starbucks? I'll drop whatever change i get for my ice coffee into the jar at the coffee shop, but feeling entitled to a 15% tip for pouring a cup of coffee is crazy. Sucks if that is starbucks' policy, but why not just go work at dunkin donuts?

Starbucks got F'd by the feds a few years back cus they weren't deducting anything. So *bucks started deducting tax at the assumption the each employee make $2 an hour in tips... people at starbucks don't wrok at Dunkin cus starbucks offers health insurance.

also for delivery or wait service tipping cash is nicer cus it gives the wait staff the chance to claim less or none of the amount you tip.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

^yeah i feel that. but if everyone were giving 15% at even a slow starbucks that would be way over $2 an hour per employee ... and it's not like they are typical waiters who don't get a decent wage to begin with. Plus they are getting health insurance!! Now they expect me to do math in the morning before I've even had coffee?!

Don't get me wrong, I tip. And often I'll drop the whole 80 cents on a buck twenty beverage. But i do it out of the goodness of my heart, not because the dude behind counter thinks it's part of his entitled wages... ;)I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge