Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

It occasionally yells at me to update but every time I try it times out, so I don't think I am high-up enough to have permission. I'll email Brandon.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Brandon took a look at it, should be fixed (heh). LMK if anyone still has issues.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2019

SW333T FIX(ie)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2019

Lol, looks fine to me againWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    sw3333333333333333333333333333333tDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2019

anyone have recommendations for stuff in cleveland?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    uhhh, rock and roll hall of fame?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    This will be my first winter riding clipless on the regular, how do I keep my tootsies warm? Is good covers + good socks enough?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2019

I would look for some kind of neoprene shoe cover, that shit's amazing"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I also had a coworker who really liked the 45nrth clippy shoes if covers are too many steps"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t

If your shoes have vents on the bottom, definitely cover them with tape.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2019

anyone got anything to tell me that will make me not irrationally terrified of using the auto-belayers at the rock climbing place?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Well, I watched the documentary Free Solo and his girlfriend drops him, so I guess it’s not unheard of to get dropped by a human.

There’s like a free solo climbing wall that’s over a pool at the Jay Peak water park that’s pretty fun. It’s not super high, but higher than bouldering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

all that sounds terrifying no thanks

also I have noodle arms :("life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    I'm pretty much all lower body, never been good at climbing. Don't think i can help with the fear, but you should watch Free Solo either way cause it's amazing.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2019

real dumb question: now that it's so hard to get plastic grocery bags, do I have to buy grocery bag-sized cat poop bags somewhere? It's been days and my cats are mad. All the paper bags have holes

I've been using one of those lidded trash cans like for compost so I can make one bag last about a week with several scoopings, should I just skip the bag and put it right in there and dump it in with house trash when that goes out? I feel like it'd get gross

Anyone got a bag stash they don't use?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2019

update: paid real dollars for poop bags, crisis averted"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    haha

I just buy the smallest size bags they have at targetDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2019

weeeell i tried on the auto-belaying, but nah, real human for me. that shit's still terrifyingThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    ^understandable!

^^oh also i use World's Best litter and it says it's flushable, so for the litterbox close to a bathroom i just flush it most of the time.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2019

a lot of things saaay flushable, but then if you own your house/septic system you wind up regretting it a few years down the line, i thinkThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    for sure, i wouldn't flush anything if I had a septic sysstem. I thought about it though and I don't see any reason why already clumped-up non-clay litter would become a problem. It's already absorbed as much liquid as it's gonna, it's not sticky, and it's a pretty clear shot pipe-wise out to the street.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2019

i do the imgur secret santa every year, but this year my person's husband lost her job so she just wants presents for her two kids. the girl is 9, likes reading, american girl dolls, arts and crafts, gymnastics, american girl, and baby alive, the boy is 14, likes video games, art, pewdiepie, pokemon, and doctor who.

seeing as i was just expecting to get a couple dumb things for one person, not to like have to save christmas for multiple kids, trying to stretch money getting used age appropriate fiction books for the girl, and a 'how to draw pokemon' book and time lord fairytale book for him (or else a lego gyrados instead of the time lord book?) but wanted to see if anyone else had good suggestions for not-wildly-expensive crap for kids. thoughts? i don't deal with kids!!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2019

those sound like good ideas, idk"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ^agree, pokemon x art will probably be a hit. if the girl's into gymnastics she probably also needs scrunchiesDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2019

haha good thoughtThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    One of my sisters was a gymnast for years. So many scrunchies.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2019

dq how do i get people to talk here again?
    =P

mailed that secret santa gift today. happened to find blank comic books over the weekend at goodwill for the boy to use his new pokemon drawing skillz in

could ask last week's dq: what's y'all's opinion on if a dude wearing sweats on a date is a dealbreaker?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

oh also, anyone got a good, sorta sturdy baked mac n cheese recipe they like? did a layer of bbq meatloaf (2/3 of the way cooked) with mac and cheese on top then baked today and the concept is definitely solid, but i need some work on the executionThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

idk, were sweats wildly inappropriate for the setting?

For mac and cheese load up on a bunch of different cheeses (DON'T FORGET THE SMOKED GOUDA) and make a roux, add onions and cherry tomatoes, top with crushed ritz crackers"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2019

are sweats appropriate for anywhere but home and gym?

yeah used bread crumbs last night cuz it's what i had, crackers woulda been betterThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t

a_lion:dq how do i get people to talk here again?
    =P

could ask last week's dq: what's y'all's opinion on if a dude wearing sweats on a date is a dealbreaker?

Slow week I guess. Biggest news over here was getting hit in the face with a lime wedge at a concert.

I don’t like sweatpants in ANY social setting. I guess they have ones that look all high-end, but you’re still basically wearing pj pants. I think hoodies can be chill, though.
    holy fuck meatloaf with mac and cheese

I too am 100% against sweatpants in public, I don't care how "nice" or expensive they are. I don't even wear them if someone comes over to my house.

It has been pretty dead, I've been crushing at work to finish shit by EOY and haven't wanted to do much of anything on a computer after I finish. I *could* let some spambots through to spice things up...DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

These were definitely not "fashion" sweats, either.

DQ: gotta have an ovary out next month. Which bike brand wants to sponsor my unbelievable rebound to somehow win the tdf?That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Hilariously I just went to a cafe the guy next to me was wearing sweatpants. I feel like I see more people in fashion sweats in Seattle than anywhere else. Maybe it's a tech thing? I'm sure the Bay Area is lousy with sweatpants.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

oh if someone's coming to my house I'm 100% wearing sweatpants or leggings. That's what you get. Only a fool would wear real pants in their own house any longer than necessary. Even at other people's houses after a while I'll feel like "I'm in a house and still wearing pants? This is bullshit. I should have brought slippers"

Idk, if the date was at a chill cafe and it's their day off, maaaaybe. But still, it's a date, so that's a little weird"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

merry-go-round museum! was like a 90 minute drive for both of us because...that is a reasonable radius to date in D=That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2019

dumb question for all you car people: I have a friend coming to visit on a Monday and leaving Tuesday or Wednesday, I went to look up getting a visitor residential permit but apparently Boston doesn't do that and says visitors need to find off street parking. I've looked at google maps for a minute and haven't found any garages that allow overnight parking. We live on a weird loop road that no non-residents would ever bother using, just risk a ticket?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2019

other dumb question: what are the kids these days using for image hosting? I'm not paying money or signing in. I just spent like 20 minutes trying to find one and downloading the imgur app and got a notification of a weird comment 0.00002 seconds after uploading it so I deleted the whole thing, and google photos doesn't seem to work here unless I'm doing it wrong, which is completely possible"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2019

you can put things on imgur without sharing them publicly!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    i never figured out the imgur app

if you feel like going to Somerville you can use my driveway!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2020

need book suggestions for the following categories for book bingo:
    set in a european city
    snow on the cover
    murder in the southern us
    true story
    a love interest
    about animals/pets
    family saga (think next month's book club might meet that one)
    mystery or true crimeThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

for family saga Pachinko is really fuckin good (but that might be your book club thing, it's popular now)"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

sounds interesting, put a library hold on it! thanks =)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2020

I’m reading The Soul of an Octopus, and it’s pretty interesting. I kind of want to get one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2020 edited

what is a good camera for livestreaming some chicks for a month or two? the ones i'm looking at are all like "get an email every time something moves! small monthly fee applies" and i want nothing to do with that
    (i want to put it on, like, youtube, for everyone, vs check in on my phone or whatever)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2020

You shouldn't need a package for livestreaming. I'd get any decent webcam and then find some separate broadcasting software, like OBI, to manage the stream. Then make sure your internet plan can handle the traffic! (Though, full disclosure, I've only done research on shorter live streams, in the 1 or 2 hour range.)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2020

i did ask our (not-in-house) it people and they think the internet's fast enough, but didn't know shit about setting this upThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    wow it took me like 30 seconds to realize you're talking about actual chicks. Would watch.

I used to livestream our fish tank at work (so really good internet connection) with a random webcam and Ustream. It worked okay but was fairly low-res, dunno if it's good enough for something you want to send out more widely. However it may have been much better with a better camera- this was a bunch of years ago so I'm sure way better ones are fairly cheap now.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2020

no babes (at least until we someday get piglets) all bb chickensThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo