Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2020

bbChicken should be a new bottom bracket standard.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

if you have an old cell phone with a wifi signal, and constant power, you can use the app ipwebcam and just broadcast on a website. can also link it to streamlabs obs to stream to youtube or twitch etc
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime4 days ago

have found the old cell phone, but now the chicks i want are backordered, we're getting ones with a hatch date of 4/14. it's weird to me to know that we own animals that aren't even born yet!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTime4 days ago

It's weirder to me that live baby chickens can be backordered.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

panic buy EVERYTHING! this breed is pretty big, were THE meat chicken in the US for decades, and have a very cool personality... we only have one right now, but this is her with a mouse tail/foot coming out of her mouth.. https://photos.app.goo.gl/gzJjnTaQntaWcTZR6

it's complex, because both tractor supply and family farm and home have chicks of various breeds in store, and a 6 chick minimum in store (mix and match whatever breeds they've got on hand) but they don't know when new chicks are coming until they get a call from the post office that the chicks have arrived, and don't know what kinds they'll get until they open the box, and then if you want to order, it's a minimum 10 per breed, and i really want this breed, so i've ordered them, and someone else i know ordered another breed i want, for his family to have at home, and we'll swap a few...

(it's fair they have minimums even in store - i believe the hope is that if you're willing to buy at least 6, you're not just a fool buying one as an easter thing)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    wow!

also i always forget that chickens are omnivores, like I know they eat bugs but that seems..different than mice

I was seriously thinking about backyard chickens this summer but...maybe next year.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime2 days ago

i mean, you can get chicks no problem just walking into TSC now, but i wanted that specific breed... and they will help eat bugs out of your yard! but also maybe eat things you intentionally planted, so be careful with that. they're pretty doable. and then you can come to ohio in the fall for the chicken butchering program i'll offer if the world has opened again...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime1 day ago

kossmonaut:if you have an old cell phone with a wifi signal, and constant power, you can use the app ipwebcam and just broadcast on a website. can also link it to streamlabs obs to stream to youtube or twitch etc

finally got my old phone turned on, got the video feed on my screen, did that thing when you turn the camera to the screen so then there's an infinite hallway of screens to fall down into... coool. apparently there's a 24 hour wait after you tell youtube you want to stream stuff, so i'll...no doubt go insane trying to understand further tomorrow!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTime1 day ago edited

thats odd, ive never streamed to youtube. if your going to youtube, you can probably ignore the ipwebcam app altogether and just use the youtube app to broadcast from. if you wanted the livestream on a different site you can direct link to the video feed

also, might want to bag the phone to protect from weather/chickens
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTime1 day ago

You need like 1000 subscribers to stream via the YouTube mobile app. And, yes, there's a 24-hour wait period apparently, even to get a stream key for streaming with OBS (I just went through the same process).Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime19 hours ago

lulz i think the park district has like 8 followers, and i have 0 to play with it at home first

the chicks will be indoors for the first ~2 months, so only gotta worry about their own gross mess, not weather!That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime10 hours ago

i still can't help at work for another ~2 weeks (post surgery restrictions), haven't gone anywhere with other humans other than the supermarket in over a week, and neither has my mom... it's not wildly irresponsible to just drive straight through to nh and spend a week chillin' with her and her cats, right? i wouldn't be frolicking with the public there...That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTime5 hours ago

Guessing it’s okay, especially if you don’t know anyone in OH that’s symptomatic. I can’t go home unless I isolate myself from my parents in one part of the house for 2 weeks. Seems like it would be hard to drive all the way without hitting up a rest stop, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTime5 hours ago

stupid roommate's been going out more than is wise and now has a mild cough, i guess i'm just gonna stay here. be a pretty big bummer to be the reason my mom died or whateverThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    uuughhhhhh roommateDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D