Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeJan 11th 2003

^haha, truth about the risers, though, I like my drops. It's fun to pull, I get more leverage, and I beat cars/the T regularly. Also, I can ride the top of my drops (where my brake is) almost (though not as quite) as easily as my drops. My saddle's pretty cushion-free: it's a soma model that eBaumann gave me, pretty lightweight. I think if I need to do anything, it's move my seat forward to bring my butt bones a bit towards the back of the seat. That being said, any uber-aggressive position isn't going to be as comfortable as a more cruiser-friendly position; thus, because my setup's a bit more aggressive, I like to accommodate it as much as possible. If I were going as comfortable as possible, I'd go recumbent (yea, yea, fuck you, too! ;) Now, keep in mind, by a dropped nose, I'm speaking in terms of single-digit degrees here. I'm just trying to make the point that there are aspects of bike-setup that aren't definable in terms of regularity.

A custom frame for one person measuring 5'10" can be different from another person measuring the same height. While I think a level seat is a great place to start for someone finding their particular seat position, I don't think it's the end-all be-all of seat positions. There are some weird seats out there, not many of which I would sign on to (re:
    this). I guess I'm just taking a stance against argument for argument's sake. I feel like a bike should be everything its rider wants it to be; I think there's too much ostracism and derision based on arbitrary shit, that's all. Now, there are situations which are hilarious, as this thread signifies, but I think the seat position debate is too mellifluous to really offer a concrete, logical argument on.I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009

i fuckin' love 'em!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited

i heard sweet fixies aren't as cool anymore.
    is that true?
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

barspinnzzzFuck yeah.
    "Sweet Fixie" is what I call my johnson.Word nerd
    i call my johnson 'bokonon.'You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2009 edited

^ lol wut?!

ohhhh forgot you were all smart and shit, and read books.this wont hurt a bit...
    I love my sweet fixie. I have the deepest deep v's, the dopest of dura ace cranks (and pedals), and the ballerest hed 3C's. Sometimes I think about my SWEET FIXIE when no one's around, and imagine what sweet colorways I could make it to match my jersey colors. My Sweet Fixie is a sum of everything my life.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    conor!:i call my johnson 'bokonon.'

well played sir
    •  
      CommentAuthorMatthew X

^thisI wish everyone else were dead.
    thanks, fellas.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

i hate kurt vonnegutenjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

my favorite part of having a sweet high-end bike is riding it all the time. i just love riding it every day and riding it for such long distances. I paid a lot for it but, in the end, it's worth it because I paid a lot of money for it. I'd feel terrible if it just sat around.http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009

my SWEET FIXIE on a SWEET DAY in the arboretum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new transmission
    yesterday in downtown crossing a 13 year old boy asked me "where can i buy a fixie?"DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    om
    nom
    nom
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2009 edited

surprisefries:yesterday in downtown crossing a 13 year old boy asked me "where can i buy a fixie?"

did he ask you where to buy a fixie and then you asked his age? what is wrong with a thirteen year old wanting to buy something trendy? if you (hypothetically) guided his enthusiasm towards a shop that would cater to him well/deserved his money and then provide things like helmet accessibility and safe riding lessons. i say great welcome to 2009

edit: better than 13 year olds idealizing fast and the furious 8 years agoenjoy two cosmetics
    Hey man, fast and furious rules.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    ^^i'm guessing his age, but he was about 13. i'm not sayin' there's a problem with it, i was certainly nice to him and his mom and gave them some shop recommendations and they went on their way. it was just kinda weird. but fuckin' a if buying a SWEET FIXIE gets the kid and maybe his friends into cycling, GREAT 'cause that's what's really going to chip away at American Car Culture.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    bah, one accident and they will be done with itYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

trends come and trends go. but long after fast and the furious there are still plenty of suped up rice rockets and hopefully after SWEET FIXIES fall to segways or jogging 2.0 there will be a big population of people who enjoy customizing, repairing, recycling, and riding all kinds of bikes.enjoy two cosmetics
    surprisefries:^^i'm guessing his age, but he was about 13. i'm not sayin' there's a problem with it, i was certainly nice to him and his mom and gave them some shop recommendations and they went on their way. it was just kinda weird. but fuckin' a if buying a SWEET FIXIE gets the kid and maybe his friends into cycling, GREAT 'cause that's what's really going to chip away at American Car Culture.

What's wrong with car culture? Why can't you be in both? Is it wrong to like cars?But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

octalink magic:
    surprisefries:^^i'm guessing his age, but he was about 13. i'm not sayin' there's a problem with it, i was certainly nice to him and his mom and gave them some shop recommendations and they went on their way. it was just kinda weird. but fuckin' a if buying a SWEET FIXIE gets the kid and maybe his friends into cycling, GREAT 'cause that's what's really going to chip away at American Car Culture.

What's wrong with car culture? Why can't you be in both? Is it wrong to like cars?

are ya serious 'link? for real. cars are why we're in the fix we're in! fightin' for oil n' whatnot! global warmin', sprawl, obesity, all sortsa shit. we need everyone to rock SWEET FIXIES!!!!!!!! SWEET FIXIES may save us all!!!!!!!!

in love and service,
    brunop
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

i knew if i left the response to ol nop he'd take care of itenjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

brunop:SWEET FIXIES may will save us all!!!!!!!!
    Fixed or is that SWEET FIXEDWe are the small axe.
    brunop:
    octalink magic:

What's wrong with car culture? Why can't you be in both? Is it wrong to like cars?

are ya serious 'link? for real. cars are why we're in the fix we're in! fightin' for oil n' whatnot! global warmin', sprawl, obesity, all sortsa shit. we need everyone to rock SWEET FIXIES!!!!!!!! SWEET FIXIES may save us all!!!!!!!!

in love and service,
    brunop

I love my car as much as my SWEET FIXIE.

But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

good luck filling up the tank after the dollar drops out and the 2012 EMP comes to town.enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl

my brothers car.
    I obsessed w/ bikes. he's the same with cars.
    areyouamemberofELF:good luck filling up the tank after the dollar drops out and the 2012 EMP comes to town.

lmao wutBut the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthoreclip5e

ZERO STAGE MONSTER REPRESENTS FIXIES AND CARS TOO!

hi i'm ron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChicagoKarl

^
    is that from the redline event this past weekend in joliet, il?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

^whatevs. YAWN. anyway. how do those crazy cats live in seattle or portland? i mean they got some ill SWEET FIXIES (very thrush) and all out there (and some great beers), but is the weather like this there all the time? ol' 'nop likes rain as much as the next hipster, but all the time?
    octalink magic:

Somehow I am not surprised by your choice of car.

- Robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthoreclip5e

ChicagoKarl:^
    is that from the redline event this past weekend in joliet, il?

Yessir it was, we got back Monday night.hi i'm ron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

fat chicks dig cars. sexy chicks like SWEET FIXIES! (substitute "dude" for "chick" and it's the same).

cars're coffins!!!!
    brunop:^whatevs. YAWN. anyway. how do those crazy cats live in seattle or portland? . . .

Well. . . to start with, we use fenders.

- Bot[all your base are belong to us]
    YOU LIVE IN BOSTON NOW ^YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    ^Do not![all your base are belong to us]
    DO TOO ^YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    robotbuilder:
    octalink magic:

Somehow I am not surprised by your choice of car.

- Robot

My Melody is my favorite Sanrio Character.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthoreclip5e

I'm Hangyodon!

hi i'm ron.
    Ok less cars more SWEET FIXIES!!!!!!But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

fixie gears are my favorite type of bikeshttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthoreclip5e

I like bikes without a wratcheting hub because then you can do trackstands easier and have sex with girls in the scene easier because you're a part of the in-group.hi i'm ron.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2009 edited

whoa!!!! here's an old pic of me layin' around with my SWEET FIXIE (wearin' shants):

out for a ride

note top tube pad, brooksie, deepass v's, and hipster cyst! those'll get ya scenester gals fo' sho'!!!