Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2009 edited

anyone toured there before? any amazing must check out spots?

and yeah, i already know about the desert of maine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009

there is an adventure cycling map that goes Boston to Bar Harbor. good route good spots to stop and camp along the way. i would consider this less of a tour and more of a ride.enjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009

yeah aren't those maps like $100 each? and is 600 miles really not a tour? we'd go further but don't have enough time
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited

I grew up 20 miles from Acadia. It is amazing. There are carriage trails that have some ridiculous views. Trails are dirt though.

you could stop and see the Bush's (as in george bush) house in Kennebunkport. Boothbay is a pretty cool town. There is a wharf / restaurant that we do a boat trip to to get lobster. Camdem/Rockland are nice little towns. topless coffee shop in Vassalboro oops, burned down. Pirates cove mini golf when you get onto Mt. Desert Island.boooyah
    ^about that article: my mother's name is kathy hutchinson; my sister's name is bridget. that is all.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2009 edited

$100 for a map? no

http://www.adventurecycling.org/store/index.cfm/product/3_10/atlantic-coast-section-1.cfm

edit: not that you asked for a route- but along those lines it was on this trip that i saw the legendary NOGLUTN license plate which is definitely something worth checking out.enjoy two cosmetics
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2011

^^BUMP^^

Heading to Acadia over the 4th weekend.
    I convinced my girl to go up there so I can do some riding.

I did a loop on the carriage trails there when I was in high school.
    I found this site from the first googling. I will try their Southwest Harbor map loop
    http://www.bikenewengland.com/acadia.html

Anyone here know of any good riding groups or some good bike tours to reserve while there?
    • CommentAuthorsnotrocket
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2011

when will you be up there? I plan on being there to visit and would be riding all day on the 8th.