Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Drive train + gears + finger = afternoon at Mt. Auburn Hospital.

Pain.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    OOF!

I got nipped once and it took 3 weeks to heal. How bad did you get it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2009

I have scars...ugly scars because of such a thing...I hope you are ok, mine was like a horror show.this wont hurt a bit...
    Never lube/clean a spinning drivetrain, and this will never happen to you.Word nerd
    i have a fingernail that grows back crooked because of this. oh lord, its the worst.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorMadden
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009

Oh no!! I did the same thing on Friday! Now I have 3 stitches, no fingernail and a crushed bone to show for it. But I did finish the bike I was working on. Heal up soon, and fuck drivetrain injuries >.<http://petermaxfield.blogspot.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

fing
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

I did this once in 2004, came very close to losing the tip of my finger, but i was held on by a flap of skin. I could see my bone, it was more interesting than painful, at least at first, it really didn't hurt until 5 minutes later. I drove myself to the ER after washing it off, and bandaging it. I lost a lot of blood but was still able to drive home.
    i think the worst part is trying to scrub off the grease and dirt that gets caught inbetween flesh, skin and bones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

ok it is now everyone's job to take a picture of their scars...we must end this threat to future generations.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^mine healed quite nicely, though at first 3/4 of my nails was missing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

fucking disgusting. id pass out in an instant.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

^the pain helps keep you awake (the clean intense, give you tingles, it hurts so bad kind of pain, a throbbing cutting acid like fire explosion type pain)...but yea later you want to pass out.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

i just get really light headed when it comes to stuff like this. i fainted when i broke my pinky. could have been the 100degree weather and the gorilla suit i was wearing tho.MUFFDVR
    ^ pics or it didnt happenYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

^eh ill upload it later. im at work right meow.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

hahahahaha!!! i took the pic of my poor finger this mornin'. happened over a year ago. nail is still fucked. as ya can see.
    ugh, I think this thread is far better WITHOUT pics.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    i was speaking only of the gorilla suit thingYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    i did that a few months ago it bleed ever so much.ive killed before and ill kill againe... right now
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

on sheldon brown's web thingy there is a gnarly shot of a nearly severed finger.
    ^I know the owner of that severed finger. Again, don't clean a moving drivetrain! Your digits will thank me later.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

don't mess with yer drivetrain nekkid neither!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs

is that trevor's finger on sheldon's site?
    Indeed. I wonder what he's doing these days. Last I heard, he'd moved to Dublin to work for Google.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs

i saw him in dublin in '07, and toronto in '08. he was still with google last summer. og internet bikers.
    man, i wanna work for google. i saw some shit on tv about their offices. totally ridiculous
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

DSC00586--resssMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009

yowza!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    So I found today that not only did I sever the nail in half, but also the BONE. Nice. They would (should) have been able to figure that out 2 weeks ago when I went to the ER, IF they had actually done an X-ray then. Wingnuts. Don't go to Mt. Auburn Hospital.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009

Hospitals r dum. I had been out of the hospital for 3 days, until they call and tell me that only on my 3rd CAT scan did it turn out that bits of glass were still in my head. My parents took a look through my hair where I was injured and it turns out you could see pieces shining in the light. They couldn't see that the first 2 times they did the test?
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009

yea some places are full of dipshits, it took a hospital 6 months to tell my brother he fractured his ankle rather than just sprained itsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.