Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011

P.S. Lauren - thanks for offering the ride though :)ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011

Today's ride.

We stopped at a bangin sub shop afterwords too.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorowen

^from watching that map thing, it looks like there's one section of trail we inadvertently hit like 3 times. I knew we were lost, but I didn't realize we were that lost haha.
    • CommentAuthortristan

Looking for a mid to high paced road ride tomorrow. Anyone?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorgc

what time?
    i wanna ride bikes but i'm not capable of getting out early.gone
    ohwin:^from watching that map thing, it looks like there's one section of trail we inadvertently hit like 3 times. I knew we were lost, but I didn't realize we were that lost haha.

i think that was the paved section where we said "shit, we've been here before" stopped and looked at the map and realized we were going the wrong way... hell of a day though... how's your knee feel today haha?
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2011

haha it actually feels ok. It hurts if you touch the giant gash in it, but that can be solved by um... not touching the giant gash in it. It doesn't hurt to ride though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011

hey so uh, do you guys ride bieks?
    • CommentAuthortristan

Im not allowed. I work for the man.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorben

Anyone know when the Greenline Velo Tuesday evening rides begin? I'd like to start doing rides after work again.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    now on wednesdays?

http://greenlinevelo.com/groupride
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

the thing with wompatuck is that you have to go there, expect to get lost, ride around till you want to leave in about 45 minutes and then find your way out. if you get stuck in the campgrounds it's a bummer and hard to find good trails off of it. you just want to get as far away as you can. i don't know anyone that knows wompy well enough to pick and choose trails, which means that sometimes you can stumble upon the great ones and other times you have less fun.

i'm hoping that when i go next they still have the pink ribbons up from the landmine classic race. they left them up into late fall and, from what i can tell by the race marker remnants, they hit all of the very best trails. when i went there i would just wander until i saw pink ribbons or pink spraypainted arrows with "race" written on the asphalt and then follow those markers for the rest of the ride and those couple of rides in the fall where i did that were the best i'd ever had in wompy!
    • CommentAuthortristan

ratattack:i don't know anyone that knows wompy well enough to pick and choose trails, which means that sometimes you can stumble upon the great ones and other times you have less fun.

This is why we need to ride there more often! I'm pretty sure i could find the bermy downhill again without much difficulty, so that's one down!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah, i usually do that climb and descent at least twice when i go! i meant to mention that, i think it's the one thing that i like that isn't on the marked loop but it is close to the parking lot and i've always managed to find it pretty early on in the ride. you have to watch out for one of the last berms on the left descent line - someone (poorlu) built it up with rocks and it all-too-easily shunts you off the side of the hill instead of into a turn!
    tristan:
    This is why we need to ride there more often!
    ratattack:i don't know anyone that knows wompy well enough to pick and choose trails, which means that sometimes you can stumble upon the great ones and other times you have less fun.

matt aumiller. he and i have never gotten mixed up in the campgrounds, and the few times we've gotten lost in wompatuck we've ONLY come across awesome trails
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011

i didn't say that no one knew the trails well enough, i'm sure plenty of people do. previously, i did not know anyone that did. now i will perhaps bug aumiller to show me the ways of wompy while he destroys me on his SS.
    For anyone who might care, the waterfountain in Concord Center is back on...

Admittedly I hadn't bothered trying it in awhile, it may have been on weeks ago.
    Edit: faaaakkk I forgot it was marathon weekend. Bossman booked me solid 8-7 shifts all weekend.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2011

winding trailllllllllllls!
    hey everybody! the fells finally opens for mountain biking tomorrow!
    • CommentAuthortristan

woooo!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorlenny

anyone wanna go tomorrow morning at 7am (or earlier)?
    meetup at wash sq or cleve circle. 30ish miles, 17ish mph.
    whisper me or txt 617-four-seven-zero-1772
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2011 edited

heading out on a road ride, leaving in maybe 30 mins. holler at me if you wanna come with.

whisper or text me
    fiv o ate - ate 6 ate - 6 tree o won
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2011

Anyone wanna do 40ish miles, moderately pace, in an hour or so? I'm on a single speed for the next week or so, but have been told I'm decently fast. 240994atetewfurate"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    heading up to hit the fells around 1:30-2:00. anyone wanna come?

six won sevin nine six three nine six six ninerNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Did I catch a niner in there? What are you calling from, a walkie-talkie?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    roger dodger
    This is Craiginpictures requesting backup for an expedition two kliks north of tufts university. Over.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011

Road ride, tomorrow early afternoon (weather dependent). Hills, out towards concord, loop around 40 miles. As fast as I can manage. I've been sick with some respiratory stuff for a bit, so I'm gonna be far from hauling. Looking for a few good riding partners.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    How fast do you think your version of non-hauling would be?

I need to get out and ride more... went for a ride this morning and felt like crap most of the time.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2011

^ we averaged around 18mph on a real hilly route.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Ah... nevermind, I suspect I would be annoyingly slow.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2011

lobar, you're quick enough, i remember chasing yr wheel for pretty much all of a rainy race once.gone
    I don't know if I'm actually slower now, or it's just Boundgear reminding me how old and fat and slow I am, but I definitely feel slower than last year around this time.
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011 edited

zzzZzzgone
    grey ham:it's fucking beautiful out, someone go on a fast blast around the city with me right now, i'll bring b33rz

i'm in cambridgeport will meet in allston or whatever

6one7 23zero 377one

if i were healthy you know i'd hit this up!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011

Anyone want to ride tomorrow early afternoon? Don't care about distance or destination, just some good saddle time."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Might be heading out ~ 5PM. In class until then.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011

fffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorben

Starting to feel torn between riding and climbing. This is not good.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ^Riding > climbing.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ride to climbing?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben

^An option on weekends, certainly.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Climb hills while riding?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2011 edited

clip in and then arms-only up a cliff?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    you guys are totes making me lolYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I always bring weights on my rides so I can work my upper body.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorgc

i want to ride 60-80 miles tomorrow.

lobar?
    tristan?
    anyone else?gone
    • CommentAuthortristan

Sorry Graham, going mountain biking tomorrow. Sunday afternoon?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."