Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012

yeah, hopefully both. Haven't done the RSC thing in a while, and I might just keep going west for a longer ride if I join the Walden group. I need miles this weekend.."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2012

Does anyone feel like riding tonight? The weather kinda cleared up and I think it will hold, but I just had a life event happen and I need to not have to think about stuff.

So I want to ride my bike. If you've got my number and want to ride, text me, if not... just reply. I'll try and check.

I'm thinking we could ride somewhere new until we dont feel like riding anymore.... you?EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    ^ Hope all is OK.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2012

chr|s sedition:^ Hope all is OK.

for realI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2012

I'll be okay, I'll be better, I just need to make it through a few weeks so I can reset. For those few weeks, this offer for a bike ride partner stands. I'm unemployed and I'm free basically anytime.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    • CommentAuthorObo

^damn the manI ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I want to buy 44rn chainring"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2012 edited

am going riding tomorrow, hopefully 40-60 miles
    come with me and show me something more interesting than concord/carlisle loop
    leaving from LA in the morning sometime 10ish magone
    graham, someone like you should be doing the ronde
    kilgore_trout:graham, someone like you should be doing the ronde
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2012

true storygone
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2012 edited

Im going to romp through skyline and cutler after work today, ~20ish miles, CX bike. I get out at 6, will leave shortly thereafter. Hoping for company and a relatively fast pace. Should be fun!

edit - leaving from allston through washington square.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorthehum
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2012

Leaving Allston St and Comm Ave at 2pm to ride out to west Newton with Chris K. to ride to Blue Ribbon BBQ in West Newton and eat with two other friends. Join if you want to bike to eat BBQ with us and ride back.theHum
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2012 edited

Tomorrow evening (around 545ish?) I'm gonna go for a 22-25 mile loop with road and trail. Cx bikes, file treads. Come play.
    Leaving from Allston.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

its gonna be fuuuuuuun

probably leaving around 6ish now though, since I need to make a stop on my way home.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

tristan i would love to come on one of your rides sometime, keep posting them up!
    i can't go on tuesday or wednesday eveningsgone
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012

Gonna do my loop again tomorrow evening, hopefully leaving around 5:45-6. You can ride it on a road bike but you probably wont be pleased...ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Some one of these days I'll make it. Not gonna be tomorrow though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2012

I want to do a 50~60 mile road ride today around 11am or 12noon. Probably going west out route 16 and back via the Marathon route or something similar. Text me if you want to come 7!8!1!!!!!5!1!8!!!!!!3!6!2!4.
    • CommentAuthortristan

Phil and I (with company) will be doing the Ronde course tomorrow, or as much as we can handle of it. It's an epic ride, tons of dirt and fun, all within a short distance of boston. We'll be leaving 9:30am from bagel rising. Full course is around 70 miles, but I doubt we'll make it all the way.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorben

Zomar:I want to do a 50~60 mile road ride today around 11am or 12noon. Probably going west out route 16 and back via the Marathon route or something similar. Text me if you want to come 7!8!1!!!!!5!1!8!!!!!!3!6!2!4.
    Wish I had seen this.

tristan:Phil and I (with company) will be doing the Ronde course tomorrow, or as much as we can handle of it. It's an epic ride, tons of dirt and fun, all within a short distance of boston. We'll be leaving 9:30am from bagel rising. Full course is around 70 miles, but I doubt we'll make it all the way.
    Wish I had my cross bike built up.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorSaffs

tristan:Phil and I (with company) will be doing the Ronde course tomorrow, or as much as we can handle of it. It's an epic ride, tons of dirt and fun, all within a short distance of boston. We'll be leaving 9:30am from bagel rising. Full course is around 70 miles, but I doubt we'll make it all the way.

I'm observing, Tristan. Built my (first) CX bike up. Doesn't stop yet, but hopefully I'll have some new cantis. soon. Then I'm out there on the dirt - only ever raced road and TTs, excited to explore a new and exciting territory of CX :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012

Could you please share the route for this ride if you have it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012 edited

Kurt's RdR GPS on Strava

There's a little app somewhere on the web that grabs Strava data and saves it as a GPX file, also somehow I figured out how to turn it into a google map... can't quite remember what I did (some app, maybe the same one that grabbed the GPX data).

Note that it's partially offroad and you'll want a CX bike for some of those parts (although we rode it on slicks, some as narrow as 28).

FYI the reservoir trail on the east side of Ash Street in Weston is offlimits to bikes... you'd only know if you entered from Ash Street. As much as that section of singletrack from Chestnut St at Rte 30 to the reservoir was awesome, I'd recommend taking Rte 30 to Ash Street and rejoining the course where it crosses Ash St (i.e. go down Ash St and turn left onto the course). Also, by Norumbega reservoir in Weston (off Glen Rd) is marked No Bikes.

Sections of the course are somewhat technical and there are a few gnarly downhill sections. Take caution... use common sense.

Also, good luck following the course in some of those offroad sections... it was hard enough figuring out where to go when Rosey had markers up (many of which were being taken down by lord-knows-who almost as soon as he put them up).
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012

^^ rough cue sheet
    Follow the R/arrows spray painted on the roads when you can.

The cue sheet has been both praised and damned, so take that for what you will. It got our team through the ride without trouble, though.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthor1nput0utput
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2012 edited

Been in a funk all day. Thinking about alleviating that by departing Allston for Trader Joe's (Coolidge Corner or Mem. DR), grabbing a bottle of $3 Chuck Shaw and some snacks, riding around a bit, and then sitting down and drinking somewhere. Anyone interested? Probably leaving in an hour or two.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2012

Planning on doing my little loop after work. Leaving from Allston around 6. Wont be going very hard since Im kinda tired from yesterday's ride (and I banged my knee up a bit, so it hurts).
    Lemme know if I should look out for anyone. Again, CX bikes as we'll be going off road a bit.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2012

Anyone strong looking for 60 to 80 Friday?
    I need another hard ride this week.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    I'll probably be doing a lot of riding early next week... gonna have a few days off from the kid (Sunday to Wednesday I think).

Note: I am flabby and weak.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012

I'm either riding to the nh border and back for some route recon or wildflower bakery in providence. Either route will end up being around 80 miles. Probably 8am depart.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    SUPERMOON RIDE! I have nothing more to offer other than the idea. I will be out riding. If anyone wants to organize something with me, hit me up on here.
    So I'm looking at riding tomorrow afternoon. Anyone down?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012

Riding this evening, at 6. CX bikes. Around 25 miles. Some rough spots, but its a fun loop.

Come play bikes with me!ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    I'm still hurting from the weekend, but I'm thinking I might come join you. Meet in Allston?
    • CommentAuthortristan

^ayup. comm x allston st? we'd get to start by going up allston st! alternatively could meet at comm x harvard, and take beacon for a bit longer.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    mang, i've got spanish class tonight. i will join you one of these noches, amigo.
    Allston st sounds good (Winchester/Kelton St side), if I'm not there (b&w aluminum Blue cx) at 6 don't wait.
    Huh, I was at the meetup spot at 6:05, nobody. Just miss you or classic bfixed organizer is late?
    • CommentAuthortristan

doh! I left at 6:03. You sounded pretty set on your 6:00 cutoff; when you werent there I figured you werent coming. Sorry :(ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthortristan

Man, I was singing "all by myself" for no good reason the whole ride.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    ^
    *like*somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Dang, sorry... I almost rode up Allston when I got there to see if I'd just missed you. I changed tires and one of the valve cores came unscrewed and wouldn't reseal or I likely would've made it in time.
    • CommentAuthortristan

Ugh. I knew I should've waited longer. Thanks for coming over though, next time I will extend the buffer.

Hopefully you still got a ride in. It was a mighty nice evening for it.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Ladies and gentlemen: The only two punctual people on bfixedi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    and apparently, not punctual enough!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    no, TOO punctual!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    A buddy and I are going to re-do the marathon route if the weather is nicer Friday night! If anyone is interested, either text me (six one se7en, se7en oh for, se7en five six five) or whisper me here!
    I can't believe this is on the second page, the weather is too nice for that shit. Anyone want to go to some sort of floating platform for fermented wheat water?
    I think I'm gonna go for a ride soon... heading out from Union Sq Somerville... probably going out toward Concord and maybe back via Trapelo?

The only thing being I may have to bail at some point... if my wife gets called into work she needs to be in within an hour. But I can give awesome directions back for anyone not geographically-inclined.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012

I want to ride out to Walden tomorrow am. Any takers? Riding fixed, hoping to swim and be back home for lunch time
    Not too picky about the route, haven't actually ridden out there. Although, I'd rather not do Trapelo back and forth