Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Gonna go on a ride tomorrow... no real plan as of the moment. Probably headed out west, but probably not more than 40 or so miles (depends on how I'm feeling I suppose, outside of commuting into town twice a week I can't say I've been doing much riding of late).
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013

it's SOoOOOooooOOooo nice out -- get this thread jumping, you nerds!

Leaving work soon, going home to change then riding somewheres west, maybe up through cambo over the longfeller and through DT to brookline
    come along! let's have a beer! txt if you wanna meet up 8FIVE7-2SEXuno-O9nineFOR
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013

Getting out of work around 5 then planning to ride somewheres west on my road bike ~25-30miles from Brookline.
    come along if you're feeling froggy!
    Wish I had seen this yesterday.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2013

I'm gonna ride the Blue Heron trail at Cutler Sunday morning, weather permitting. Good for light CX or MTB."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    6kidz:I'm gonna ride the Blue Heron trail at Cutler Sunday morning, weather permitting. Good for light CX or MTB.

What time?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2013

11:30am! Are you still interested? I can relay my cell phone."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    Ah, crap... too late for me (going to a Pawsox game that starts at 1).
    ^ Still have *never* been to one of these...My soul weeps.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Yeah, I miss going minor league baseball games.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2013

When I was a scout we got to go to a Pawsox game...then camp out on the field!
    Well that sounds pretty damn awesome.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    That was the second minor league game I've been to (went to a New Orleans Zephyrs game a few years ago)... it was fun! And much cheaper than Fenway.

I did not investigate but suspect they lack trough urinals. Can't win 'em all.

Except that the Pawsox kicked some serious ass... when we left at the top of the 7th it was 9-1... final score I believe was 11-4. The kid loved it (but admittedly spent most of the game making Mom walk her around the stadium).
    Awesome. Pawsox may be a little far, but we could totally group ride to see the Lowell Spinners.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2013

surprisefries:Awesome. Pawsox may be a little far, but we could totally group ride to see the Lowell Spinners.

This is even closer! Ladies TACKLE

http://www.bostonmilitia.com/
    Yeah, I saw that in the Scout, that would be fun.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013

The Spinners are great! I'm slated to go to Harry Potter night, Star Wars night and Princess night this year.We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2013

i wanna ried bieks this weekend...maybe even twice! preferably a road ride and a cross-friendly trail ride. keep it in the back of your mind, and sext me later.
    Might want to skip the Waltham railbed... BEAR!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013

CROSS BIKES SATURDAY WALDEN SUNDAY BEERS MONDAY"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2013

Riding trails after this much rain is bad forme-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Sean, how do I know if I am okay to go to Great Brook? Would be my 2nd time on a MTB.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2013

I didn't realize the weather was going to be sloppy before posting."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2013

it snot! waldeeeeeeeen! noon from tosci park
    friday this friday may 31st 8pm maybe we all meet in front of wing-it on comm ave?? if your down just show up and we can roll and decide on where to ride then.Fixed Gear Nyc
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2013

Fun ride to Walden! Leaving house at 12, meeting some people in Porter around 1215, mostly bike path. We'll be on a tandem and bringing food, there will be swimming."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorsourman
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013 edited

rain ride rain ride rain ride

cut through those rivers in the bike lane like moses
    Haha, ^that would have made the ride home more fun. Wasn't a big deal though, embrace the wetness!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2013

No. F the wetness. After a probably 50 mile work day in a rain storm, we went back into town to catch a train, wait an hour, then ride a few more miles in more intense rain on roads where people drive much faster, in the dark (with some knog-like lights), with heavy bags. I slept so well, though. Nothing but pajama pants all day now. That race tomorrow had better be worth it, lol."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Yeaaaah, it's easy to say when I'm only out in it for a 3 mile commute.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    friday june 28th anyone down to ride? ill be posted up in copley sq at like 7pmFixed Gear Nyc
    ^ working at 9pm, but could tool around for a bit beforehand.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013

who rieding bieks tmw? i want large miles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Do you know Chris, who used to post as zomar? I guess it's his birthday and is doing a group metric century tomorrow. We'll be there, but haven't decided on whether to ride Spookys or the tandem."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortristan

^^ I am hoping to get some road miles in this weekend. I'm real slow right now though, so it may be less fun than riding with some more tuned up folks.

What kind of a route are you thinking?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

^this could interest me...i ain't done a ride since last year it seems...i tend to top out around 70miles or so and ain't that fast though
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

@andy: yeah, i know zomar chris. i haven't seen him in forever. i'll hit him up.

@triztinz: any and all routes, tristan. i am also in bad shape. i haven't ridden over 50 miles on a ride this year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2013 edited

Damnit, did I not post in this thread earlier tonight?

Any sense what time y'all are leaving? Er, maybe there are two rides being discussed? I mostly meant the Zomar's B-day ride, but I might do whatever... I have totally fallen off the wagon, or onto the wagon, or under the wagon... or something wagon related that means I haven't done a respectable ride in forever.

I met Zomar once, I think... why he not post here anymore? I liked that guy.
    I think he got caught up in a pissy forum fight and decided it wasn't worth it. Only met him a couple times but he's a good dude.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2013

Missed the ride:

Apparently it was "an official RUSA Permanent" ride, whatever that means. Chris is a good guy, just doesn't bother putting up with disagreements, and I don't think he spends much time online."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Yeah, someone was giving him a hard time. Probably a good way to get more riding done.
    Anyone want to go to the fells at like 6pm tomorrow?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Zomar use to come out to the Wednesday rides, way back when they first started (he and I were the ones who started that ride). The last time I saw him was at the NU Ghost Bike installation. He was/is a cool guy. Wish he still hung out here.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2013

I'm heading out to Walden now for a sunset swim. If that sounds like a good idea to anyone, I'd love for you to join me. I'll be at the Darwin's in Harvard Sq (148 Mt Auburn) at 5:00* & I hope to head out to the pond at 5:30 or earlier. Tweedeldum, grey schwin, blue grips. six jaun 7 too nein 0 too two won ate

(whoa that's starting to look more like an ETA of 5:15...)
    Whoa. Almost a fixed connection. I was at Darwin's around 5:45 for an unrelated matter.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Does anyone know of route from boston to beach? trying to ride to a beach while im in town next weekend, thanks in advanced. i really apprecite it .Fixed Gear Nyc
    I would rec going to Walden Pond instead because it's nice and cool but if you want beach, I think revere beach would be your best bet. I don't have a route for revere but it's pretty easy to get to Walden and the bike path takes you almost there.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Blue line to revere, you can bring your bike on it and ride along the shoresomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2013 edited

NOT REVERE BEACH. Go to Nantasket Beach instead: 20 miles each way means you get a great ride both ways and a cool dip in the middle. If you want something closer, try Matthews Beach in Southie. Just as dirty as Revere Beach, not as difficult to get to.

EDIT: And if you don't feel like riding both ways, there's a commuter rail stop pretty close by. Or you can take the Red Line to Quincy and ride the rest of the way. Etc, etc.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I just wanted to add that Walden Pond is not a place for hoodrat shit. It's for families, so no booze and no leaving cigarette butts/styrafoam dunks containers around.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK