Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Does anyone want to road ride today? or tomorrow? I dunno what is going on with the weather. I am getting ants in my pants.

2-3 hours at slowmph out of hsqYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    nerdo:NOT REVERE BEACH. Go to Nantasket Beach instead: 20 miles each way means you get a great ride both ways and a cool dip in the middle. If you want something closer, try Matthews Beach in Southie. Just as dirty as Revere Beach, not as difficult to get to.

EDIT: And if you don't feel like riding both ways, there's a commuter rail stop pretty close by. Or you can take the Red Line to Quincy and ride the rest of the way. Etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nantasket, and it's worth the trip... but I've come to love Revere Beach as well. Different, but not bad.

Revere Beach: outside of following Sean's suggestion and taking the Blue Line, you could take 99 from Sullivan Square, continuing on 99 after the rotary, bear right onto Lynn Street, right on Rte 60, and either continue on Rte 60 or turn onto Revere Street and taking that over to the beach. Sure, you could just take Rte 16 from the rotary on 99, but 16 isn't very pleasant (fast narrow heavily-trafficed multilane road).
    Go to Marblehead, it's got gorgeous beaches with gorgeous houses and really really nice boardwalk areas.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Can't say I've been to their beaches, but he makes a good point... you can start going the way I suggested on Lynn Street but stay on it (will change names when you pass into Saugus) until it runs into Lincoln St/Ave in Saugus... if you stay on that it'll bring you into Lynn where you can work your way over to Lynn Ctr and then go up the coast from Lynn beach, it's a nice ride from there and Marblehead in general is pretty awesome.

My parents lived in Marblehead before I was born, my father wanted to stay but my mother won out.
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2013

Craigglesofdoom:Go to Marblehead, it's got gorgeous beaches with gorgeous houses and really really nice boardwalk areas.

+1, Marblehead, Nahant, or one of many spots along 127 heading northeastward from Salem!I am the reason your son is crying.
    4pm. Road ride. Meet on Huntington and head west for a bit? Anyone in?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    jeez epic, it is so hot now! i rode this morning.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Fl born and raised. This ain't nothing ;)

Also was busy this morning getting C ready for her rotation on the cape :(clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    awwwwwYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Anyone down to ride this afternoon? 6PM?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorbaker
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2013

wompatuck tonight, taking the boat down at 5.

my last race as a cat 5, woohoo!I am the reason your son is crying.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Congrats! And a pre-welcome to the next level sufferfest.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorbaker

DAMN IT my boss filibustered me into missing the boat :(I am the reason your son is crying.
    Ugh was it a surprise meeting? I hate those.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorbaker

Kind of...I knew we might end up meeting, but not for so long. I was watching the clock in despair the whole time. It actually ended up being really useful though, which was why I didn't interrupt and try to bounce.

Anyway, it cooled way down and I got a good ride in up Concord and down Trapelo with intervals so I feel better. But alas, I remain a Cat 5 for another week.I am the reason your son is crying.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2013

Tomorrow morning ride to walden pond leaves from the Dunks at JFK St in Harv Sq promptly at 9:30. I'm going with a friend, road ride, medium pace. We'd prefer to maintain a steady pace en route to the pond, hang/swim/snack then ride home at a more leisurely pace. ~30m RT
    I don't care if you post and say you'll be there etc etc, talk is cheap. be there before 9:30 and let's beat the heat!
    dammit wish i could attend, have fun!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2013

A second Walden Pond ride for swimz and other assorted funs (for those who weren't willing to wake up with Tyler) is meeting at Darwin's at 3:30pm. Planned route is through Waltham, avoiding the hills of Trapelo Road and avoiding the offroad of Reformatory Branch Trail. Planned pace is Social Wednesday/Team Slow Bike/as slow as the slowest person feels like going.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    anyone wanna mash around boston on this fine day?
    im about to be riding out of cambrige downton-bound
    charlieyoungblood:im about to be riding out of cambrige downton-bound

Downton Abbey?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013 edited

EPIC! Stratton:
    charlieyoungblood:im about to be riding out of cambrige downton-bound

Downton Abbey?

MASH UK (og)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2013

Anyone wanna rode around aimlessly on Sunday? IM in Cambridge so we can meet there or wherever works for whoever wants to ride
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeJul 26th 2013

I'm about to head into Cambridge soon. Time? Place? I want to try out my new cam today.
    I'm tooling around all over the place today. 3:50pm and I'm in the Back Bay area as of this posting. Hit me up if anyone around and want to ride.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2013

Just home from work. looking to ride all day before catching the midnight showing of dead alive at the brattle.
    Plaanning on biking around all day tomorrow. Anyonee wanna ride, partake in cofffee consumtion, expore, etc.. I will be departing from cambrige around 10. Maybe earlier.
    I juust wanna meet some bike peoples.. I don't know too many bike peoples
    I'm around for a bit tomorrow, but won't be home from work till circa 3:30am (e.g. Won't be up for 10am). Perhaps later in the day I can meet up with you?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chr|s sedition:I'm around for a bit tomorrow, but won't be home from work till circa 3:30am (e.g. Won't be up for 10am). Perhaps later in the day I can meet up with you?

definitley. i needa break in this new bike. any time works though
    4:04am. Got home from work about 15 min ago. Will prolly be in bed/alseep by 5am. Circa 2pm is prolly more realistic for me at this point.

Anyone else up for a little Sunday afternoon riding?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chr|s sedition:4:04am. Got home from work about 15 min ago. Will prolly be in bed/alseep by 5am. Circa 2pm is prolly more realistic for me at this point.

Anyone else up for a little Sunday afternoon riding?

perfect.
    heading out of the house now. ill be around cambride at 2ish^^^
    heading downtown right at this moment from brookline. will check back on forum when i get there. if anyone wants to ride, ive got nothing to do till six.
    heading downtown right at this moment from brookline. will check back on forum when i get there. if anyone wants to ride, ive got nothing to do till six.
    .somehow that showed up twice. my apologies
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2013

^You can always edit the post and whisper it to yourself. No one would ever know!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2013

Who wants to go for a ride?
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

OK, heading out now. I'll text you when I'm in Cambridge
    If anyone else wants too cruise wirktk88 and I. Are meeting in harvard sq. Don't know where we will end up
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

At Harvard sq now. Just gotta fix my chain real quick
    Someone should come downtown.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2013

Out around allston. Anyone in the area?
    I know its a tad early for a Sunday but I'm gonna be wandering all day if anyonne wants to join. Starting in brookline.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2013

Memorial drive is closed. Who wants to go fast?
    Im confused. You know that they close Mem drive for joggers, walkers and families to enjoy, right?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    Are you implying that joggers, walkers and families don't enjoy nearly being run-down by scorchers being scorchers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2013

I was not aware, still pretty new to the area. But I figured that out.
    Mem Drive is a bad place to book-it on. Kids on big wheels, ppl that have no concept of keeping a line, etc. Personally, I'd feel safer going full tilt lane splitting down mass ave at rush hour than I would going fast on Mem Drive. Cars are much more predictable than small children.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.