Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

chr|s sedition:Mem Drive is a bad place to book-it on.

I feel like my wife has acted like I was crazy and making up words when I use the term "book-it" as such.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2013

chr|s sedition:Mem Drive is a bad place to book-it on. Kids on big wheels, ppl that have no concept of keeping a line, etc. Personally, I'd feel safer going full tilt lane splitting down mass ave at rush hour than I would going fast on Mem Drive. Cars are much more predictable than small children.

Yea I figured that out when I went there. Although there was one day about a month ago when there was hardly anybody on there. At least no kids.
    I would imagine if you get there early enough it would be pretty empty, then you can totally
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

^I'll try to plan for that next time. Is that a reading rainbow pin?
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

no way, those stars along the top, every time you read a book you got a star and when the pin is full you get a pizza hut pizza!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88

a_lion:no way, those stars along the top, every time you read a book you got a star and when the pin is full you get a pizza hut pizza!

Ha! Oh yea that's right.
    i was the fattest nerd kidDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I had full Book It pins and was captain of the crossing guards. Suck on that.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

chr|s sedition:Personally, I'd feel safer going full tilt lane splitting down mass ave at rush hour than I would going fast on Mem Drive. Cars are much more predictable than small children.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2013 edited

goin to go for ride a hill for an undetermined number of times in an 45mins or so. anyone want to come play with me?
    it's where the ginormous slide is in arlington, eastern ave. come with or meet me there or whatever. ate 4 5 9 ate ate 7 3 5 aatesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    That's a good hill.
    PS: also, School St in Arlington (runs from Mass Ave to Gray St on the same hill as Eastern, but the Mass Ave side).
    good to knowsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    It's like all the hills in boston came out here to hide. Any street, so brutal.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Also good: going up Appleton St from Mass Ave and taking your third left onto Oakland Ave... nice little grinder there.
    going out in the next hour ive got to be in brookline later starting from cambridge. anyone wanna just cruise downtown?
    does anyone wanna cruise and grab coffee before this race today?
    I'm prolly headed out on those Mondays rides. 7:30pm at Copley Church. Join if you're free!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Maybe going out to ride probably downtown. whisper if you wanna join
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013

short notice, going CX riding leaving from washington square at ~ 6:20. See ya there.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    tristan:short notice, going CX riding leaving from washington square at ~ 6:20. See ya there.

were you at smith playground?
    i was. Tristan was not.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    i was playing polo. chillin by the courts
    i watched for a second. i was in a white jersey.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    i might have been playing.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2013

No, I went for a ride that had woods involved, did not ride to cx practice.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorlukwam
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2013

I'm gonna join this Musical Mystery Bike Ride Part II tonight, leaving from Smith Playground in Allston. Meet at 8pm.

https://www.facebook.com/events/185079195003524/

Casual 10 mile ride with three stops for music/etc.

/l
    Road ride in about an hr or 2. Looking to do 30-50. Holler if interested. Sex Juan Savin thee too oh ate Juan ate foreclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2013 edited

I just bought my registration for the Honey 100K tomorrow morning. Leaves at 8am from Ride Studio Cafe in Lexington. Online registration is closed but you can still register at the door if you want to join -- 40 bucks and it includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner. IT'S MAH BIRTHDAY AND THIS IS MAH BIRTHDAY PRESENT TO MAH SELF. I can drive up to four more people and bikes if anyone needs a ride -- six un sept sept huit zero cinq un trois huit::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorwirktk88
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2013

Heading out for a ride shortly. Coming from Medford, will probably be around Cambridge, Alston.
    thinking about riding the minuteman today. anyone down to meet up? im leaving kendall sq around 4p.tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    In about an hour (2:30pm) I plan on wandering around on my bike, leaving from hsq. I plan on going to Newb st Patagucci and Modern Pastry and I dont know where else. Anyone want to join? No assholery allowed.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2013

Can you bring me a cannoli at work? I'll buy you a strawberita later
    Maybe. Choc chips or no?YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2013

HELL YEAH
    DAMN THESE ANTI ASSHOLERY CLAUSES
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2013 edited

Freewheel Burning:DAMN THESE ANTI ASSHOLERY PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN CT ASSHOLERY CLAUSES

I know, right?

ETA: even I can't pretend CT is responsible for all things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2013

I wanna go riding. not staying stuck inside today. I'm in Davis sq. if you're down IM me: jewypersuasion

if you dont use aim. i'll check back here in a bit.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    Had a really long week, want to go for a cruise around town after work- probably end up somewhere inside because it's freezing. Who else is in? Meet around 630/7...
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2014

Going on a little ~35mi circuit today. Leaving from Roslindale, heading south through the Blue Hills, up through Milton and up Dot Ave to D St, coming around the city via Atlantic / Commercial, over the hill, down Beacon back to Rozie via Riverway/J-Way.

If anyone would like to join, I can change the start point to something more convenient, and I'm open to route changes. It was gonna be a solo ride, but I'll take company if anyone is down.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2014

I may or may not go on this ride tonight (probably not, though I could be convinced) but it looks like fun. Plus I was told there would be a MOTHERFUCKING MILKSHAKE STOP. Relaxed pace. Other people should go!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Anyone want to go up and down a hill with me in an hour or sosomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2014

Musical Mystery Bike Ride, (part IV?) Leaves from Smith Playground in Allston at 7pm -- in one hour. Bands will be playing at the stops.

https://www.facebook.com/events/305970552939908/

lukwam:I'm gonna join this Musical Mystery Bike Ride Part II tonight, leaving from Smith Playground in Allston.

Casual 10 mile ride with three stops for music/etc.

/l
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014

I'm gonna go riding tomorrow about mid-day, no destination yet. Anyone wanna join? Maybe make up my mind about where to go..Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2014

Who wants to ride Sunday? Road to Walden maybe with a stop for burritos in Concord Center? TSB pace."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2014

i'd go this coming weekend!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2015 edited

I'll be in Boston tomorrow (MLK Day) and have the whole day off. I imagine many of you do, too. Who wants to ride? It's supposed to be a balmy 42 degrees. Would be up for easy MTB'ing or very slow road riding (have hardtail MTB with me) or just general city havoc-wreaking.

If general city havoc-wreaking is in order, here's a list of Martin Luther King Jr. Day events happening in Boston:
    http://www.bostonmagazine.com/arts-entertainment/blog/2015/01/13/martin-luther-king-jr-day-events-2015/
    Free admission day at the Museum of Fine Arts or free walking tour of Mount Auburn Cemetery (or both) would be particularly cool options. Also, protest march: https://www.facebook.com/events/553798508089826/::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Awesome, I'd be down for sure! I'll be around afternoon/evening
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2015 edited

Excellent. Plan to meet at Tosci Park sometime after noon or whenever you get back? Sext me at six wun sevvun sevin ate oh fyve wun tree ate. I might try hitting the Mt. Auburn Cemetery walking tour at 1 so we could potentially meet there if you're later (unless other folks want to come too and go straight to the march or something else).::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I don't think that I'll be back by then actually. But I'll text you when I am!