Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2015 edited

Mt. Auburn Cemetery tour was actually *yesterday*, so I'm going to ride directly to the march around 1pm to go check it out. Anyone who wants to meet up there (Old State House, 206 Washington St), text me at the number in my post above. Will probably go hit up the free day at the MFA after that.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2015

I hope all y'all go for a ride in the snow tomorrow. Its the kind of fun you just don't get to have enough times in a lifespan.

Do it for the snow-less. Do it for me.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Throwing on studs tomorrowwwwwwwww
    I might give it a go on my MTB tomorrow..
    anyone plan on going fatbiking tonight?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

What if I don't have a fatbike? Is it ok that I'm a fatbiker?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I saw a fatbiker in West Roxbury during storm the other day. He had the biggest smile I've ever seen it and it made me really happy.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Could have been me.
    Except I don't smile.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Chris, Mrotown, and I need to be riding the SW shitshow together. Chris, I'll show you where that tank is...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    chr|s sedition:I saw a fatbiker in West Roxbury during storm the other day. He had the biggest smile I've ever seen it and it made me really happy.

That seems to be the predominant expression associated with people on fatbikes to the point where I almost want a fatbike (except I still need a mountain bike).
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

Going to ride out from JP to Somerville soon just because. Anyone wants to come for the ride, get at me.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Good luck! I almost ate shit a couple times just walking around earlier.
    • CommentAuthorMJ

joeyfresh:Going to ride out from JP to Somerville soon just because. Anyone wants to come for the ride, get at me.

Would totally head out with, but quickly realizing I either need new tires or another bike haha
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

Same, this has me thinking I need studded tires. This is way to too tempting to go out in. I might go for a brief jaunt around my neighborhood.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

ride what you got, brojs. if you don't got what you want, whose fault is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

It's not even good fort-building snow :c

looks like it'd be fine for riding in, though"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorginny

Went out for a joy ride, and it was awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

so fun. rode down mem drive and there were so many ppl having fun outside and in the street. went to charlie's and ate waffle fries cuz they're the only joint open. it's so fun to wipe out and land in a big snow pile! :DMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015 edited

malweather:
    That seems to be the predominant expression associated with people on fatbikes to the point where I almost want a fatbike (except I still need a mountain bike).

Happiness is a fatbike, a dog, and a cemetery across the street from you that permits both.

My ride yesterday:
     photo img756_zpswook1p1w.jpg
    ETA: lest anyone remember that I used to live across the street from Mt. Auburn Cemetery in Cambridge and be tempted to bring a bike or a dog in there, don't do it -- they permit *neither*, and will kick your ass out. This is Mt. Hope Cemetery in Rochester, which I *now* live across the street from. UPGRADE!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015

No need for fat tires. 23 slicks work just fine.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Four paws work even better. I want to either shrink myself, or grow Finnegan, so that I can put a saddle on him and ride. See Battlepug in Dumb Questions thread.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Fatbike sickness is questionable at best but the only people who say that 23s "cut through the snow" are people that have never ridden a real mountain bike
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Fatbike sickness is totally unnecessary for snowy conditions in the city, but vital for floating over powder on untracked trails. I sank in tons of times on the ride above and wished I had a BikeBoards ski.

Or dog paws. Seriously, tires ain't got nothing on dog paws. Someone needs to start working on that.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

what alex, you've never pizza cut shred the trailsssssss?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I'm sure you're right, Alex, but those who say that they need a different rig to ride in what I rode in yesterday are full of it.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2015

Fatbikes are fun and worth having if you already have a legit mountain bike, but the capabilities have definitely been oversold.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    i built up a fat bike to pretty much be my everything bike. since i don't really mountain bike and i can't 'road ride' anymore i figured i'd treat myself to a nice everything-bike that i can have fun in the snow with. so i built up a pair of actual fat bike wheels, but got a second set of fat hubs and laced them to 29er rims (where i can mount anything from a 700x28 to a 29x2.0) this way i essentially have a 9-month wheelset and a 3-month wheelset. yes, it's a bit excessive, but it's fun. works as a commuter, works as a snow bike, and i can do some light trail riding if i wanted to
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

Riding from Longwood to Brookline...happens everyday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Isn't Longwood basically Brookline?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    It's true, I have never ridden a real mountain bike.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    So, I am going riding in a few hours. I get out of work at 6p, and I'm in Allston. Who wants to go for a ride?
    Wednesday ride meets at 730 by Toscanini's
    GLV has a road ride from Cleveland Circle on Wed @ 5:30pm fwiw. Not sure if they've resumed or not yet though from the Winter.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2015 edited

We will be doing a nice easy ride to Lexington this Sunday! Probably meeting in Harvard sq mid morning, details to follow."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    EPIC! Stratton:GLV has a road ride from Cleveland Circle on Wed @ 5:30pm fwiw. Not sure if they've resumed or not yet though from the Winter.

I heard they slated the first group ride for the first wednesday of may, because apparently it wont be "nice enough" til then
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2015

Nandy:We will be doing a nice easy ride to Lexington this Sunday! Probably meeting in Harvard sq mid morning, details to follow.

We might be interested in a nice easy ride...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

^I was planning on going to walden sunday morning if I can get my road bike all sorted by then. But I have to be in Harv Sq at 11 to tutor someone at Cafe Algiers, so I was going to depart 730-8. too early? I don't wanna steamroll ya planz!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

That's too early for us, this is just Nat's fun birthday/nice weather/new bike ride. Have fun, though! Maybe next time we can meet up for a walden trip."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2015

I forgot to add the details! We're meeting at Crema Cafe in Harvard sq at 9:30, rolling at 10."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Who wants to spin at 6p tonight? Looking to put in a solid hour or two of some road riding.

Text me at deux oh three 4 won fore seven 9 five sex if u want some of this
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2015

Riding out to Walden with a few people this afternoon for a swim. Meeting at Harvard Sq. Darwin's at 2:30 (or earlier, for them as wants extra caffeine...), leaving Darwins at 3:00, riding along the Charles to Waltham. ETA back in Cambridge around 8:00.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2015

I'm hoping to do a ~25mi ride tomorrow, anyone else have the day off and want to link up? I'm thinking maybe Walden or the Bike-A-Thon 30mi route."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

I plan to be going to the Magazine St pool in Cambridge (DCR pool across mem drive from micro center) to do some (slow) lane swimming from 6:00 - 7:00. Iffen anybody wants to get their swim on, come on down.
    I'm going for a road ride right now out to Blue Hills, easy 25 miles-ish. Shoot me a text, 2 O three - 9 seven 9 - nein fore 8 fore, to meet up.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 29th 2016

I was going to go see Bernie Sanders in Milton at 4:30 today. Does anyone want to ride down there this afternoon and then take the train back from Mattapan? Also the primaries are tomorrow, in care you're like me and live under a rock and don't hear about stuff.