Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsnacktime
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2009

By Harvard do you mean William Smith Playground? And by before it gets dark what time do you mean? And by posting, are you looking for some company?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

Yup the W.E. Smith playground, gonna head there about 5. Company would be nice. I will see if i can make some barriers out of the 1,000's of square yards of canvas i have sitting around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsnacktime

I will try to amble my way over there around 530.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

sweet, that gives me time to eat.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2009

Party people!
    Friday morning? Afternoon? Eh?

Miles in the cold.
    ^I would if I didn't have fam in town.

And need to keep cleaning my apt so my mom doesn't kill me. Fffffuuuuuuuu... I'm 25 too. This is not right.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Stupid raindrops, why must you conspire against me?
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009

8am yah know.
    tomorrah?
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Indeed. Not huge miles 'marrah. Just a shorter more intense ride.
    I do want to ride out to hot tubes and Zanc's new locations sometime soon though.
    That sounds good... I might ride my fixed if that's cool. I dunno what not huge means but hopefully I won't hate myself too much.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

I'll let you decide the route then.

Davis sq at 8 then peoples. Anyone else looking for a few miles, show up.
    I dunno if I need to go choosing the route, I'm happy to tag along if you had a particular brand of intense in mind.

I did Carlisle - 126- 117 when the sun popped out today and surprisingly spent almost no time hating myself...

Davis - Check.
    today is too nice not to meet up with six beers each and ride to six locations drinking one at each location. There should be a name for things like this... Anyway me and kid are down. Let's get err done!
    • CommentAuthorKid
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009

One location six or eight I don't really care I'm down
    WTF nobody wants to ride?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

i would ride but i have school and a shit ton of stuff to take care of.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    You may have more luck in getting responses if you post in the Six Pack Shuffle thread, or start a new thread. Me thinks people shy away from this thread as it usually involves longer-distance riding, which isn't everyone's cup of tea...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

I'm not feeling a long distance ride tonight, but if it involved going down to the docks on the charles for a bit I wouldn't object.
    • CommentAuthorKid

I'm up for one destination.
    • CommentAuthorKid
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2009

Ok so me and Italian Trash are riding tonight at around 6:45, nothing to intense it's just great weather tonight. Were going to grab some beers and hit a destination. If you wanna join just post up! We are leaving from Allandale Farm and thinking docks and something.
    Anybody else do Great River Ride today? I meant to ask if anyone was going but I put it off til the last second and then had no internet last night.
    I'm riding tomorrow - no matter what the weather. At least 30 miles. Ideally a 50+.

Looking at riding ~ 1:30 for a few hours.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009

count me inmrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    anyone else? huh.. Huh... HUH!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Damnit, I'm always busy when you guys go for a ride... stupid school & job!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009

Wed night + Cross bike = not riding on the road tomorrow.
    Minor change - Ride @ 2 - have a mtg 12-1....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Seems like the weather'll be great, warming up out there!
    Weather was nice. Did about 25, as we started late and weren't really booking it. Fun times though.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009

Not booking it because I'm outa shape a month off the roadie :( no good.mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

So, um, it's gorgeous out and this opportunity for a nice group ride should not be missed. Who wants to ride after business hours?Fuck yeah.
    surprisingly nice out there, sadly I have class until 7.
    Strangely nice out. WTF. Mother nature is a moody one!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

Heading over soon (330/4ish) to see if I can get some laps in at harvard's fields on the cross ride.

Say hello and get some time on the bike in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2009

Headed to Harvard stadium for some laps before the temperature drops back down again, and the day light is gone. My knee hates the cold. Maybe I will see some one else there, eh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited

With the disclaimer to follow I dunno why I'm bothering mentioning I'll be off on a ride tomorrow morning (especially with cyclocross tonight), but I'm mentioning it anyway. Probably leaving fairly early (I'll aim to leave Somerville by 9 I guess and see how that goes) and hopefully going relatively long (70+).

Disclaimer: the Rossin is down for the count at the moment so I'll be riding this Cannondale Silk Tour contraption I've got my hands on. It'll be the first time I go any kind of distance on it, it has MTB gearing, it has 35c tires. On the otherhand on my ride home from doing the Fells NEMBA loop yesterday I realized it's not hard to get going at a decent pace, it's just different and the climbing gearing makes absolutely no sense to me at this point.

What I'm trying to say is I may not be super fast or anything... but they cancelled my evening class tomorrow and I've got the whole day to ride (70+ may end up meaning ~100 if all goes well)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009

tomorrow i'm doing cx practice at olmstead park in jp @ 7.30am, cutler after (typically finish up at olmstead around 9am), and if i'm feeling super-motivated maybe finishing the ride from cutler out to dover & back before i have work at 2.00pm. if you're on your pseudo-'cross bike perhaps you might want to redirect your plans and do the above?
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009 edited

Huh... that does sound like fun, and arguably if I don't feel like sitting down (on something other than a bicycle seat) after all that I could always go tack on another 4 or 5 hours.

It helps that Olmsted park is wicked close. I'm game. I can set an alarm, screw sleeping-in on such a nice day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2009

oh man. i would imagine it would suck. i don't really know my way around cutler so i'mma wing it.

my name is lauren. i'll probably be a little late to olmstead because i'm terrible at mornings (but i do still TRY to be on time). head to the baseball/soccer/football field and look for people in back bay kits. it's a training ride, but i can't keep up with the elite-level dudes on my team anyway. maybe you can. suppose i'll see you then?
    Sweet... I've never actually tried cyclocross, so inspiration would be good.

Back Bay kits... check. I suppose it'd be a little weird to see a group of cyclists hanging out on the fields at that hour anyway?

Maybe I don't get out enough.
    Huh, I think I'm in the right place but not a BB kit in sight?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

aw, i think we just missed you. there were two of us there, we did cornering around the trees for a while and a lap or two around the "course", then around 8.30 when we were still the only ones there headed over to the other side to ride the singletrack trails for a bit. sorry!
    Ah well, if y'all do that every Thurs perhaps I'll give it a go n the future; truth be told I figured I must've missed you so I went out and did Cutler for awhile.

Starting to warm up out Dover-way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

Gonna go out on a bike ride in an hour and half or so with Mike steve and Squeaky...........Hollermrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    Oh shit, can I come, guys? I don't have anything to do today. I just wanted ya'll to know that. I mean, my Mom and I were going to go shopping for pants, if anyone wants to come. HOLLER AT YA BOI
    ^Is that you, Zach? Please be home in time to go to the Chestnut Hill mall around 3ish
    Chestnut Hill Mall?

Them's some fancy pants...
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2009

Going mountain biking tomorrow at the Fells.
    Its gonna be disgusting out.
    Its gonna be cold.
    I dont want to spend the money on traveling to a cross race, so I'm just gonna ride my mountain bike around till I'm too cold to function.

Sound fun? Join in!
    I'll be at the intersection of governers rd/south border road right around noon.
    eight oh too seven three four to zip uno seven
    (text)ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentAuthorMike Steve
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009

Anyone want to ride tomorrow? Supposed to be nice outtt!!!I don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real