Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Road ride tomorrow (Sunday). Anyone down?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2009

im gonna go on a ride in a lil. anyone?MUFFDVR
    I'm down to ride ~ 1:30 or so. Going to pick up my stuff from superb first.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorMike Steve

Where you going Eric? I don't have a road bike :(I don't play with muthafuckas cuz this shit be real
    Damn... I wanna go on a ride. Arggh!
    Thinking about riding west into Wellsley/Natick. Meet at the Peets in coolidge corner ~ 1:30. Call if ya need me for something as I'll be on the bike running a quick couple errands.

six won 7 three too O ate won 8 forclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Phew... that makes things simpler for me, I came through there the other day coming back from Millis/Holliston; have fun!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

lol shit. i just came back from natick. oh well. next time bois.MUFFDVR
    Fun ride today Travis!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009

^ its awesome if you cross the bridge and sit on the concrete ledge directly across from you.MUFFDVR
    ^it's more awesome if you ride your bike across the dam to the concrete ledge, making sure you do a no handed trackstand in the middle.

Just sayin.

But yeah, I've been over there too. It's a pretty spot. Def like finding these places. Hoping that next time my dad is up I can get him to do some riding with me and show him some of these.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2009

Sat. 11 am. Road or cross practice.

I'm skipping Canton Race and didn't ride much this week, so let's get it on!
    D'oh guess I checked in a little late
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2009

D'oh I haven't gone yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkatdaley
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009

Going for a leisurely post-Halloween ride soonish if anyone is interested.Behind my Game Boy™, I got game, boy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2009

meeeMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2009

anyone up for a night ride at the fells tomorrow (thursday)? departing somewhere around 6.30-6.45p from allston. departure time/place negotiable.

requires: night lights, mountain bike. or, in lieu of one or the other, a very brave individual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009 edited

YOOO guys its supposed to be 62 degrees tomorrow (sunday) lets ride to wellesley in the later AM.

edit: or anywhere for that matter. i could ride forever, i just like the dam at wellesley.... and the pumpkin spice lattes.MUFFDVR
    Riding to Harvard for some yummy border cafe food and record shopping in a few hours.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009

I'd ride some road tomorrow. Lady has school stuff at 1, so I'd be freer in the noon and after hours, but if people are riding, I could get out of the house earlier.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009 edited

edit: wrong thread.

i like bike rides!
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009

anyone wanna ride around in the beautiful weather todayyy?
    Go to the docks, Eric!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009

9 am mon/tue. Riding road. 40ish miles
    M/T will be nice weather in the afternoon. plan ahead.
    Figures the week I've got crap to do is the week it's over 60 for several days running.
    I'm riding tomorrow afternoon I think.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009

tiny:Figures the week I've got crap to do is the week it's over 60 for several days running.

quoted for truth. Once i get this work cleared away, it'll probably be snowing.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    EPIC! Stratton:I'm riding tomorrow afternoon I think.

CORRECTION

DEFINITELY RIDING TOMORROW

Meet @ the Harvard Sq Peets @ 12:30. Riding @ 1. Heading to Walden pond I think. Easy pace.

Lemme know if you're going, and if you're running slightly late lemme know. SIX JUAN 7 THREE TOO Zer0 8 won Eighty four.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Might see me. Tag you tomorrow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

i can make this tomorrow YAY !mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    aww, fuck class and my inability to skip it.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsnacktime
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009

^ I wouldn't skip fuck class either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009

Anyone want to go for a cruise in an hour or so? I've got the day off and wouldn't mind riding around Boston, no specific destination. GET AT ME!
    •  
      CommentAuthorz3tek
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009

getting my bike ready. quick spin for maybe an hour or so. dorchester to mass ave/huntington and wherever. anyone down?Mephlehet: there's black people on this forum? wow.
    Premature, but: it's supposed to be 60 and raining on Friday, and for some reason, I really want to ride in warm rain some more. Shortish ride, hot coffee, shortish ride back, movie watching optional? In conjunction with BFF or not?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    sounds fun!
    Sunday - Morning Road Ride. EARLY! From ~ 7:30AM-11ish AM

Who's interested?

It'll be my birthday, so come ride with me.... assuming the weather doesn't suck.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ^I'm game. I love boston early sunday mornings. where to from?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Start @ IBC Boston, going out of the city and back. Maybe out 117.

*also, by road, I mean road bikes. Just wanted to note that as we'll prob be moving at a nice pace.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I think I can do a nice pace on my fixie...but....maybe not.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

no offense dude but "fixie" riding and road riding are entirely different, and epic! made that differentiation for a reason. it's in no way calling anyone out as slow, it's a matter of efficiency and, on some level, safety.

if you want to get more mileage on your legs, you may want to try posting here about distance rides that are track bike friendly. and hopefully some more experienced "roadie" types will come out too that can help the rest with appropriate signals, road etiquette, and learning some decent routes.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeNov 19th 2009

I probably will, if I don't go to easthampton to watch.

And fyi, I had the swine flu and haven't been on a bike for more than slow rides in 2 weeks. That is why I won't be racing this weekend. Effin bacon flu. I feel like I lost all my muscles and probably did as I lost 5 lbs in a week.
    What's un-trackbike friendly about 117?

I mean, sure... the pavement sucks a bit in places, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm just crazy and not very bright.

That said I don't know that I'd be keeping up with Eric. And admittedly I'm getting bored of riding my fixed on longer rides. But my roadbike
    needs some work. Speaking of which does anyone happen to know if I'm really limited in terms of 6-speed clusters or 7 speed clusters that'll fit on a (1987 or so) C-Record 6 speed hub?
    Craiginpictures:I think I can do a nice pace on my fixie...but....maybe not.

ratattack:no offense dude but "fixie" riding and road riding are entirely different, and epic! made that differentiation for a reason. it's in no way calling anyone out as slow, it's a matter of efficiency and, on some level, safety.

if you want to get more mileage on your legs, you may want to try posting here about distance rides that are track bike friendly. and hopefully some more experienced "roadie" types will come out too that can help the rest with appropriate signals, road etiquette, and learning some decent routes.

tiny:What's un-trackbike friendly about 117?

I mean, sure... the pavement sucks a bit in places, but it's not the end of the world.

On the other hand, perhaps I'm just crazy and not very bright.

That said I don't know that I'd be keeping up with Eric. And admittedly I'm getting bored of riding my fixed on longer rides. But my roadbike
    needs some work. Speaking of which does anyone happen to know if I'm really limited in terms of 6-speed clusters or 7 speed clusters that'll fit on a (1987 or so) C-Record 6 speed hub?

What Lauren said. Certainly not calling anyone slow or doubting their abilities to safely handle their bike, but it's a totally different way of riding. I think 117 is certainly mostly trackbike friendly, but the pace and feel of the ride would probably lean itself more to road bikes, so I wanted to make sure people knew. <3 you all anyways and I would definitely join on any rides that are mixed company (remember the ride to walden pond this summer y'all?).

boundgear:I probably will, if I don't go to easthampton to watch.

And fyi, I had the swine flu and haven't been on a bike for more than slow rides in 2 weeks. That is why I won't be racing this weekend. Effin bacon flu. I feel like I lost all my muscles and probably did as I lost 5 lbs in a week.

Hamthrax. Bummer man. Hope to ride with ya some more before the snows roll in.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Hah, i've been all the way to Salem on my fixie...call me stupid but I find riding at 20+ mph with traffic really, really fun.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

^You're stupid :)

The sun it out, and I have nothing to do for the next 2 hours anyone want to cruise?
    ^if ya get this, i'm goin out now for a few hours

text/call if you wanna meet up
    ate 4 5 9 ate ate 7 3 5 atesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    ^COME GET YOUR BARS SEAN!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

outcold:^if ya get this, i'm goin out now for a few hours

text/call if you wanna meet up
    ate 4 5 9 ate ate 7 3 5 ate

I ended up going for a quick cruise and getting beer and a hot dog at Bukowski's, another time though sir.