Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

EPIC! Stratton:^COME GET YOUR BARS SEAN!

I DID!!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

I'm down for sunday morning ride,

EPIC! my b-day is this Wednesday.

I just finished building my new Surly and I've been wanting to take it on a longer spin.
    I just need to get a bottle cage by then...

Four Zero 1 - two tu six - six three 1 one
    ^YEAH BIRTHDAYS! We'll figure it out man.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2009

Craiginpictures:Hah, i've been all the way to Salem on my fixie...call me stupid but I find riding at 20+ mph with traffic really, really fun.

it's not a matter of how far you've been or can go. you don't want to set out for a road ride on your road bike with someone that isn't decently equipped to go riding with you. there's a difference between a ride and a ROAD ride, and if you just want to brag about how far you've been on your "fixie", how fast you go and that you can match a pace and style of riding you haven't no experience with you're not going to get the difference. i had a 40 mile a day commute for an internship and my road bike and i got hit, so i spent over a month riding my track bike until their insurance paid for a new road bike for me (so that i could take my spandex-clad ass and put it on some carbon). did it work? yes. could i do it? yes. did it suck? yes. they make purpose built rides for a reason, and epic is going on a ride with a particular purpose - decent speed, pacelines, and gears. he made sure to point out the intent of his ride so just appreciate the fact that he was very clear about what kind of ride it is.

epic, if i don't capatilize on the chance to sleep in for the first time in a bit i think i might go riding with you! don't wait for me, though. ;)
    Have a nice time then.
    I figured there was a reason he specified road ride, so I wasn't planning on going anyway. i definitely get the idea of having a purpose built bike, and I'd love to have a BMX, Mountain, Road, Track and Aero bike, but I don't A) have the money or B) the space in my house to have all those, so I just take my track bike everywhere. I'm sure someone's going to accuse me of trying to look like a courier next...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    there were no accusations, just clarificationssomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    True...that came out a little harsher than I meant it to.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    no worriessomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2009

yeah, it's tough when you want to do all kinds of riding and just can't afford the rides. like i said, the reason i have a crabon road bike is because i got hit and i work at a shop, which meant that the insurance money went a lot further than it would have otherwise. to get my bikes i've saved up, been hit twice, sold my car, etc and finally have the bikes i want. and half my room taken up by a giant bike rack (hint: don't date someone with the same degree of bike addiction that you have - your bedroom becomes a bike room. although if you're going to, try and date someone your height. being the same size means we effectively doubled our bike collection). anyway, if you want to ride, get in miles wherever you can. people will always go riding. gary convinced robot and greg to go riding with him all summer when he was on a track bike just to get the miles while he worked his ass off to get a nice road bike after he decided he was going to race. i've literally never seen someone sacrifice so much to get the bike of their dreams. he'd work all day at BU, would only eat at the dining hall with a meal plan that was included in his pay (he'd eat crackers if he ran out of meals), and then would ride over 100 miles in a day sometimes on his track bike. disclaimer: i'm in no way advocating his degree of self-sacrifice. dude is crazy. /tangent
    • CommentAuthorSparky
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2009

going for a ride on the minute man in about a half hour if anyone wants to join. heading out from jp. if anyone wants to meet up gimme a call at (for 1 tree) too 4 for tree 5 for wonGet a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    • CommentAuthorSparky
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2009

Anyone feel like going for a longer ride tomorrow? Maybe to walden or out 117 or even just on the minuteman? looking to do 40-50 milesGet a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    I'm thinking I might head out... somewhere, not sure where (not the Minuteman, I know that much).

I even have my roadbike working... more or less. So bicycle-bigotry need not scare anyone away.

When you heading out Sparky?
    • CommentAuthorSparky
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2009

Aw man, just got back...Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    Heh, that's cool... I hope y'had a nice time and stayed dry.

I'll probably just go on a short ride later, I have finals in a few weeks and haven't done any outlining, so I should probably do some of that.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2009

alrighty y'all. after a month of the hamthrax and traveling to la, I'm looking for winter riding buddies.

Morning (wood) rides? People this is the last time you will get 40 degrees and dry. lets get some miles in.
    • CommentAuthorSparky

I'm free every monday and wednesday in the morning, today im free at like 3... thats probably too late though. Where were you thinking of riding?Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    how far n where?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

A ride for me is 30+ miles. I'm not afraid of 100 miles. I'm north, next to alewife. Know the northern roads well. Would like to explore the south western roads more (wellesley, dover, ashland, hopkington etc.)

Monday- Tiny and I have been/were riding this fall on mon morning. He needs to get them finals over though.

Can do wed morning. infact, would like to set something up this wed.
    i like longer rides, it's just been a while since i've been out super far... in fact, i've been meaning to get out and see some of the areas outside the city. as long as the pace isnt ridiculously aggressive i would def join you guys...i'm in somerville so not far. were you gonna try to go today?bowel shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

I am not fast. And I had a month off before my ride tomorrow.

time and place people... be specific like this: Harvard sq. In front of peets. 830am. don't be late. don't be early.
    • CommentAuthorSparky

^that sounds good to me.Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelinormous

does anyone want to ride to longwood tmrw from somerville/cambridge?
    meet up in front of 1369 on mass ave., 8:30 am tomorrow morning?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I go to Longwood at that time for work on Wednesdays. I'll meet you then/there. I've never had a riding buddy for the commute before. Rad.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorelinormous

joe - sweet, see you at 8:30
    I'm going
    to castle island. Meet at Toscani's at 3 if you wanna go.
    Damn touchscreen phone.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

Tomorrow. Should be mid 40's and sunny.

Anyone down for a mellow distance roller?
    ^if only I didn't have exams. Def will join on more rides after the new year - baring a winterpocalypseclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I have a tax law exam tomorrow.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2009

Would you smarty pants get this school stuff done soon plz.

and good luck with tax law. shit is the organic chem of law from what I hear.
    ^that sounds taxing.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Heh, thanks...

studying for the exam is taxing, that's for damned sure.

Thankfully I was oh so brilliant, and skipped the basic federal income tax course, instead moving right along to Tax Procedure. I imagine this is akin to skipping orgo in favor of a class that only teaches you about cool things that happen when someone screws up the chemistry?

Tax law seems surprisingly straightforward. It's times like these that I wish I had a mind for numbers.
    EPIC! Stratton:^that sounds taxing.
    Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I plan on riding tonight, I'll be leaving mission hill around 7ish and plan on doing this loop:

Photobucket

anyone care to join? I'm flexible on time and the routeDon't worry brother, this will blow over.
    OK so I'm done with finals! I will be drinking / riding from now until 4:00 am tomorrow when I have to leave to the airport. CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO HANG three 6 oh 6 ooooooo one eighteen seventy-four !!!! PARTY
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010

GONNA RIDE TONIGHT WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CSC 9:30mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    Cedar Jones:OK so I'm done with finals! I will be drinking / riding from now until 4:00 am tomorrow when I have to leave to the airport. CALL ME IF YOU WANT TO HANG three 6 oh 6 ooooooo one eighteen seventy-four !!!! PARTY

god dammit, i thought this meant you were back in town.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

DOPE!

we will meet in front of the csc i have a couple routes in mind
    squeeky and epic are coming for suremrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    In front of meaning at the fountains yes?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    eh, maybe.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

FOUNTAINmrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    i decided my night was better spent inside drinking beer and discussing david clinger's face tattoo.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    well you missed bovas!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Great time guys. That was a lot of fun. It was good seeing you all tonight.
    My favorite parts: Ben and Cait just appearing from out of nowhere on Congress Street. "I saw fixies!"
    and dragging you all across the cobblestones. Yeah, I'm a dick :)We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Fun time y'all. Lets do this more often.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I'm riding to my parents' house tomorrow AM (leaving @ 9ish) so my dad can drive me to NH to buy beer and sausages. If anyone's interested in a not-super-fast 9 mile ride to the burbs, I'd be happy for the company. I will be riding my sweet fixie, as I only have one bike. Here's the route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3412232i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010

2 PM (ish): road ride into RI. Anyone want in?"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    It's super nice out right now and I'm bored. Anyone up for a romp around town?Girls on bikes really turn my crank
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010

Nice ride out to Walden Pond (bout 30 miles) leaving from Peet's coffee in Harvard Square @11:30 this am!! Be there, it's so nice out, this will be awesome. So far three of us are in on this shiiiitttttt."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert