Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

ALSO

I'm going to ride to the arboretum around noon from Cleveland circle. Come hang out with me.
    • CommentAuthorbrittle
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010

castle island!? text me if any one wants to go, i'll probably motivate in an hour or so. picknicky??disco visp
    •  
      CommentAuthorCedar Jones
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited

I luv castle island!!! I could be convinced to go there instead of the arboretum...

ok I'm headed to the arboretum, call me if you guys are headed to castle island :)
    In the future you could always hit both?

Arboretum to Castle Island is the easier method, go through Franklin Park and take Columbia Road to the beach... whee!
    ^ yeah definitely
    •  
      CommentAuthorkollins

Stuck at home with no plans. anyone going riding soon? Its still really nice out (relatively)
    • CommentAuthorbrittle

alchemist tonight!!! okay thats more hanging, not riding. come on down!disco visp
    Tomorrow after 5. Lets ride folks.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ^yes pleasesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010

I'm in; it ROCKS OUT. Thinking of heading down to chinatown after to see dragons dance and getting some food. Thoughts?"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Mon morn ride y'all? Mellow circa 40-50?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

I want to, but i can't shift no gears.
    ^^would if I weren't working. Next time fellas.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ride @ what time?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010 edited

I'm getting out of work right now and have to hit the grocery store, but is anyone free for a joyride (euphemism not intended)? I just have to be home by 7.

eta: 7 ate 1, ate 2 oh, ate 6 2 ate

eta: aborted, i picked at something i shouldn't have and now it hurts to wear shoes. talk amongst yourselves.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^ew?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    he he hei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2010

t-honks is disgusting.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    true storyi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

YO!!!

It's the end of winter tomorrow (in my head). Riding season starts tomorrow and lasts till christmas.

I'm starting a google wave for scheduling that shit. Some of you already are on that wave. Whisper at me if you want in.

Or you can also use this spot. Whatevah.
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2010

anyone wanna hit up some bike shops and get some food and stuff today?
    anyone wanna meet up and ride today? im coming from dorchester to where ever. wanna go on somewhere i haven't been before. "Green" trips are always good if you are down with that. text me 508 954 96435 Billion People Must Die
    • CommentAuthorSparky
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

I'm going riding - anywhere - at 7am tomorrow morning ( March 12 ). If anyone wants to join I would enjoy the company. It will be a somewhat quick pace, in any direction you want. Let me know.Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited

Are you really leaving at 7 on the nose, where are you leaving from, fixed or road, general sense of distance you had in mind?

I have to drop my wife off at work prior to 7am (Inman) but that's only a few minutes from home (S'ville)...

edit: turns out I won't be around til about 7:30... have fun!
    • CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

I love night riding. Anyone down for a Fri night ride around, assuming it's not bad weather?I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    I'd be in. (night ride).clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I might be, depending on how I feel - I assume this is urban/fixed/not-road?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Depending on when y'all head out I may join-in post Debo Band.
    • CommentAuthordub
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010

^urban fixed, yes. When/where'd be a good place to meet?I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth

i'm down for a midnight ride, we could meet at tosci park in central? or suggest somewhere else. we should go to black falcon
    • CommentAuthordub

8pm at Tosci work for everyone?I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    ^8Pm sounds lurvly. Will be there. Anyone wanna ride over from Allston w/ me?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthordub

just to double-check for my less-than-knowledgeable self, tosci park's right near the middle east, right?I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010 edited

ericburgurz:i'm down for a midnight ride

If you're still going out at midnight (may be raining, ain't likely to kill a person) I may likely join... Central works for me, and Drydock-whatever is fine... maybe Castle Island as well?

I'm not all that keen on trespassing though, what with the bar application coming up (doesn't mean I wouldn't hang out waiting and being envious while y'have your fun).
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2010 edited

^Looks like I will also be going at 8pm... sorry! and naw i wasn't going to trespass, black falcon is always open.
    I just meant the Drydock Ave area... I don't know but I suspect the drydock may be USG property?

There used to be some sort of elevated wooden platform where FID Kennedy splits off.

Anyway, that's cool... have fun!
    anybody wanna get a workout and let me skitch their bike on my skateboard?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010

tiny, i'm in for sat. morning, 7am would be best. route ideas?"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    hey people who have lots of free time/do nothing.
    who wants to ride tomorrow and this week with me?
    i'm thinking the dover loop but could be persuaded to go other places.
    would like to do it at a moderate pace
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010 edited

So I'm looking for someone to do some long rides with on Saturdays, preferably in the mornings, weather allowing. I'll be riding to Montreal with C. Gilb in late April, and it looks like he's going to be busy with races. This is no big deal, but someone who's familiar with some big loops (50-80 miles for now), would like to bust my balls for a few weekends, (and is looking to get some miles in as well, of course), should whisper me. I've had a couple weekends where I've done around 80, and I've successfully completed a century with a friend out in Stow. However, I need to continue to get my shit in gear. And by my shit, I mean my body. I'm looking to keep a fairly brisk pace (16-18mph at least), but nothing insane. Holler? It'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    I'm always in to ride. Riding tomorrow around noon I think. Again on Wed. Again on Thurs.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

I have work from 2:30-8:30; so early morning ventures during the work week could happen. Otherwise, weekends are my only options for long hauls. Ring me at some point, we'll talk. I've also really enjoyed the few times I've ridden with you; this could be fun as well as challenging. YOU ARE FAST."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    •  

Oh man, if you two don't mind some company I may tag along if the early Saturday thing happens (and actually starts early)... the pace you describe sounds like what Boundgear and I were doing when our schedules worked last whenever the hell that was. Speaking of Boundgear, whatever happened with that google groups thing or whatever?
    I'm definitely riding sometime tomorrow. Have to see about school things first. Likely noon and later for about 3-4 hours. LONG RIDE.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Oh hi!
    And if people put things on the wave, it would work, but well, if no one wants to, so be it.

I'll ride sat if you guys are doing early but may not stay the whole time. I have to be in south boston looking/smelling good at 1030.
    I am riding on sunday too. trying to do 100k (riding the marathon route and a few extra miles starting at copley at 10).

And I can probably ride tomorrow at noonish.
    John, I'll let you know about riding tomorrow. Def won't be making Sat as I have work F/S/ and prob Su/Mclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

John, your Sunday route sounds perfect, and I'd like to join if thats cool."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    hey people who have lots of free time/do nothing.
    who wants to ride tomorrow and this week with me?
    i'm thinking the dover loop but could be persuaded to go other places.
    would like to do it at a moderate pace
    •  

Wednesday I'm interested, Friday I'm potentially interested, same with Saturday...

Tomorrow and Thursday I'm working.

I also need to stop by a bike store and get a new rear brake cable... admittedly I haven't tried tightening it to seeing if it just popped loose in the rain. One would imagine I could accomplish that tomorrow in time for the high of 58 on Wednesday.

Dover I could do I guess, haven't done in it in a few months, although I feel like options are somewhat slim out there once you get back to 27/16... 109 or whatever kinda bites... and the one that goes to RI off 16 isn't that much better. I prefer the Carlisle/Groton area... but I'm open.
    every group ride im ever on goes out to concord, then towards chelmsford/harvard/carlisle, but i still don't know the roads out there at all.
    the shorter dover loop is the only route i've memorized. 40miles here (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3548824)
    i THINK the longer dover loop looks something like this at 60miles but i'm not positive (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3548827)