Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010

kilgore_trout:hey people who have lots of free time/do nothing.
    who wants to ride tomorrow and this week with me?
    i'm thinking the dover loop but could be persuaded to go other places.
    would like to do it at a moderate pace
    Would you want to do the dover loop early tomorrow morning?"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

TheFall:John, Sunday join if thats cool.

Y. Be there. I'll update if things don't happen or time changes.
    TheFall:
    kilgore_trout:hey people who have lots of free time/do nothing.
    who wants to ride tomorrow and this week with me?
    i'm thinking the dover loop but could be persuaded to go other places.
    would like to do it at a moderate pace
    Would you want to do the dover loop early tomorrow morning?

yeah definitely. what time were you thinking?
    heading out at noon for dover.
    • CommentAuthorgc

TheFall: I'll be riding to Montreal with C. Gilb in late April,

may i ask which route you are taking?gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

Graham: Chris is the man to ask on that one. Kilgore: I'd be looking to head out more like 8ish.. is this possible?"...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    I'm in for Sunday, anyone going out tomorrow?

I'm pretty flexible as to time, although there's something to be said for the early side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

corinna, i'll do a 40-60ish mile ride with you on saturday morning. easy pace, i'm planning on doing a 20mile run that day but i need to get more outdoor riding time in. i want to be back by noon at the latest so maybe 8.30 meet-up? we can ride the carlisle loop.
    Damnit, I guess I'm not going out til at least 10am tomorrow... brake cable snapped on me the other day and the only cable I have on hand is for friction shifters...
    hey, so thefall and anyone else. im thinking 8am from coolidge corner. 8:10 at the riverway/jway/s.hunt/hunt/rt9 intersection to head out and do 40-45miles in dover.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

Done. I'll see you, and hopefully others, tomorrow morning, 8am sharp, Coolidge Corner (theater, yes?). Kilgore, would you kindly whisper your digitz? Lauren, hit me with the numbers too, please; You and me have a date Sat. morning. I'd be great to be back by noon. Looking forward. YAY FOR RIDES! Thank you all."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    Arggh, a beautiful day with no school and the opportunity to take a morning ride other than by myself, and then my little brake problem.

Oh well... you may see me out there, but I'll be riding the unspeakable and all. Have fun!
    all you later kids...anyone up for a double?
    i'll be going riding at 830....how about a second ride at like 130-2ish when its 60degrees??
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2010

^do you have ryan's #? he gets out of work at 1.30ish and wants to ride.
    Rode out to Natick and back through Wellesley. Nice short ride since i was on a time constraint. Ride tomorrow. Century? Leave earlyish? 9~10?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2010

If I did not have work, yes! :("...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    looking to get out today around 3-330
    i may just end up going down the street and doing summit ave repeats
    You're a far better man than I, it's been a long while since I could face doing Summit repeatedly... back when I weighed 130 pounds it was a hell of a lot easier.

If you don't mind me askin' where did y'all go on the afternoon ride yesterday? I ended up going out to my mother's to help clear wet stuff out of the basement and didn't get back until too late, but I went and did the Larz/Needham/Dover/Sherborn/Wellesley thing around 2:30...
    Rode out 117 with Owen.... sadly it looked like this a ways out.

So we detoured... and ran into this....

This happened two or more times and then we ended up heading to Concord since it was pretty clear the cycling gods and goddesses didn't want us getting to Stow.

Also, Owen is a MACHINE!

Fun ride. 50 miles or so. Want more of this regularly in the near future. WHO'S WITH ME?!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

Me.. only on weekends though.. working stiff (night shift)Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    tiny:You're a far better man than I, it's been a long while since I could face doing Summit repeatedly... back when I weighed 130 pounds it was a hell of a lot easier.

If you don't mind me askin' where did y'all go on the afternoon ride yesterday? I ended up going out to my mother's to help clear wet stuff out of the basement and didn't get back until too late, but I went and did the Larz/Needham/Dover/Sherborn/Wellesley thing around 2:30...

stephen and i did the larz/newton/dover-sherborn-medfield-dover/newton/larz. 41miles, one flooded road.
    Gary, nice. I did the Newton->Wellesley->sherborn->back to newton loop the other day w/o any flooded roads. Nice ride.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Pretty sure we saw Ospreys on the river in South Natick... wicked scenic.

Damnit, I was thinking about going out to Groton and the environs tomorrow... gonna be a pain if there are still flooded out roads.
    If anyone is ever down to go on longish rides let me know! I might try and do a morning ride from Boston to Walden Pond this Saturday. I got bumped by a car, so my wheel is a little out of tru, but no deadly problems yet!I am Humbert outside the internet, actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTheFall

EPIC! Stratton:Rode out 117 with Owen.... sadly it looked like this a ways out.

So we detoured... and ran into this....

This happened two or more times and then we ended up heading to Concord since it was pretty clear the cycling gods and goddesses didn't want us getting to Stow.

Also, Owen is a MACHINE!

Fun ride. 50 miles or so. Want more of this regularly in the near future. WHO'S WITH ME?!
    Me."...except for the SS Urine Fetish..that one can sink to the bottom of the fucking ocean." -Gilbert
    ^also me.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Am riding in the morning. 10ish. I'll be up earlier and if you want to ride before that let me know.

night all.
    if only i didn't have work....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Damn, I didn't end up going to Groton this morning, wish I could've gotten off my ass for the 10 o'clock hour but I got it into my head that I should try to make my place clean for the missus, and do some raking in the front.

Oh well, Sunday Sunday Sunday!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

I've been lazy this morning. Still in for a ride?
    LOL, damnit... me missing you leaving was my excuse to go sit on the backporch and listen to some tunes.

I have a weird feeling I should stay home, maybe it's laziness, and maybe it's piscean intuition... be careful out there!

It's also very warm... broke a sweat rakin'
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

TheFall:You and me have a date Sat. morning. I'd be great to be back by noon. Looking forward.

still on? when do you want to meet up?
    i'll be gettin on my road bike and going at a snail's pace along the esplanade (because i still have a cast on) in an hour or two..if anybody wants to join post up or call
    ate 4 5 - 9 ate ate - 7 3 5 atesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    leavin nowsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    anyone want to ride mountain bikes on thursday (supposed to be 60degrees) or go for a light road ride??
    Road ride thurs. AM ish.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    EPIC! Stratton:Road ride thurs. AM ish.

dig
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010

arlington's great meadows

last weekend. i think this weekend is gonna be great too!!!!!
    kilgore_trout:

dig

Will keep ya posted. Anyone else?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

gary, i'm starting to think you're funding yourself through illicit activities due to all this riding time you seem to have on your hands lately. /jealousy
    ratattack:gary, i'm starting to think you're funding yourself through illicit activities due to all this riding time you seem to have on your hands lately. /jealousy

im making looking for a job my full-time job.
    EPIC! Stratton:
    kilgore_trout:

dig

Will keep ya posted. Anyone else?

hey man, want to take the reins on this one? i'm up for whatever, i'm just not supposed to do any sort of all out effort, except a sprint here or there. my fall back is always the dover loop because that's all i've memorized, but if you've got something else in mind, let's do it.
    I'm trying to find out if 117 is still flooded out. All in all a nice ride, not bad traffic, and about 70 miles. Otherwise maybe a ride out past wellesley? I always turn and head S in Natick (i think). Figure some exploring could be fun. Otherwise what about the roads towards bullhills?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Gary, what time in the AM ya thinking?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    whenever works best for you
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited

I believe 117 is open, there was an email from CRW... hold on.

Yep, according to the CRW mailing list, it's open (I can't say I've ever gone on one of their rides, it looks annoying to me, but whatever).

Also perhaps of interest, from the same list... apparently Weston cops are being a pain? I think it's only aimed at big groups though.
    eric tells me 9am at crema cafe in harvard sq, out along 117 to stow.
    who else is in?
    Correction, 9:30.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthordub

I'm going out right now. If you know my number, call me and I'll meet up. otherwise, I'm riding myself to sleep tonight.I have a two part question: 1. Why is he doing that? And 2. Should we light him on fire.
    BEAUTIFUL MORNING OUT!!! OMFG WE NEED MORE DAYS LIKE THIS!

Riding at 9:30 from Crema Cafe in Harvard Sq. Be there folks. Look out those windows... it's perfect for riding!

If you're gonna be late (DON'T BE LATE), call me - sex juan savin thee too oh ate juan ate forclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!