Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited

Saturday October 3rd (raindate 4tth) Boston Tweed Ride 2pm with tea at 4pm

for more info: bostontweed.blogspot.com

We also now have a Boston 3 Speed Club http://groups.google.com/group/boston-3-speed-bicycle-club for those who want to do a tweed ride like event on a monthly basis get dressed up ride bikes get martinis and have picnics/bike swaps

Yes fixed gears and single speeds can be part of the tweed ride you just have to dress the partThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009

To whom it may concern,

If possible, one will find me in attendance at your bicycle rally dated 3rd October. I look forward to tea with you and hope we find a refreshing breeze by the seaside that day.

Yours with chain and wheel,
    Wheelman BG
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

Dear Chaps, and Ladies

I dutifully declare that I shall attend said event, and look forward to seeing you all in your Sunday finery.

As her majesty the queen once remarked "shit will be off the chain, fo sheeezy"

Stilgarthis wont hurt a bit...
    which queen? and when? i demand 3 sources of the dubious variety!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

LatifahFuck yeah.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009

date has been changed to sunday the 4thThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2009

I regret to inform that I have not enough enough tweed (re: any) or a ncie enough bike for this =( My sincerest apologies for missing this exquisite event.
    I do hope to be in attendance at this splendid bicycling event. It sounds just capital!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2009

The elusive J. Peter Shelby may actually be in attendance for this event.

Probability is about 50%.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

CONSIDERING ATTENDING STOP MUST TRAVEL HOME TO ACQUIRE TWEED JACKET STOPhttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    • CommentAuthorben

Dear Sirs,

Will the absence of tweed habiliments be cause to preclude young lads of good stock from partaking in the revelry and merriment dated to commence this October the fourth?

With kindest regards,
    Benjamin_RI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

tweed ride is open to all no lyrca! any kinda of bike

prizes for best costume best facial hair best 3 speed best graceful dismount and moreThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

im going to wear wool knickers, argyle socks, dress shoes, wool jerseyThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

aren't you currently piecing out some hella sweet fixys to build an awesome three speed?http://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

CACTUS FRANKIE:aren't you currently piecing out some hella sweet fixys to build an awesome three speed?

yo cactus. it's HELLA SWEET FIXIE.

jus' sayin'.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2009

^^ I sold my track bike back in the winter and built up a sweet 3 speedThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009

I think that i am going to strip my frame and paint it plaid. just for thisboooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Pugatch:^^ I sold my track bike back in the winter and built up a sweet 3 speed

It is pretty sweet.

I think I'll be showing up to this, probably one some sweet 3 speed, too. Don't want to feel left out, you know.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

there is a pretty good chance that on of the prizes for this will be another of my custom head badges...this wont hurt a bit...
    I'm hoping to get the 5-speed hub on my old Raleigh working in time... either way it'll still be rideable, but it'd be nice to have the sweet dual-lever action running.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009

right on!

I want to make something to donate as a prize but I'm not sure what. If only Kaiko had more time I'd ask her to make a hatThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009

I made a headbadge for this ride...come out tweed up and win it!

100_3076

100_3075

100_3074

100_3073

100_3077this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorPugatch
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009

you are a master! that rocksThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009

^^i'd buy one.
    ^ditto
    ^^ditto
    ^^^I need to come up with something to have you make Shane. Srsly. EPIC WIN!clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009

To whom it may concern,

I find it odd that this was not stickied. I hope the bump up to the top of the pile for this thread will be welcomed by those preparing their velocipedes for mounting.

yours with spokes and wrench,
    Wheelman BG
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2009 edited

I am getting stupid in my old age. Comment bahleeted.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009

It pains me to realize and decree that my meager compensations do not allow me to secure the appropriate haute couture neccessary to participate in this event of magnificent proportions.

I do hope that those fortunate enough to attend produce many photographs of the sepia variety.

good day.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Try a thrift store...you could get a tweed jacket for about $7.00. Urban Renewals/Goodwill/Salvation ArmyI haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorladytraveler
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009 edited

.I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorsqueed
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2009

I bet Garment District is running out of jodhpurs right about now...
    Is there going to be any sort of Allston-Brighton contingent biking to point A tomorrow? I'd like to hitch on! We could even watch the football game at my house beforehand!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Hey guys...my name is Jim and I'm with WCVB-TV (Channel 5). Super bummed to miss the Tweed ride this afternoon, but I was wondering if y'all wouldn't mind sending us some cell phone pics from the event. I was hoping to put together a slideshow for our Web site. You can get me at jhaddadin@hearst.com or on twitter at @jhaddadin -- would appreciate anything you can share with us!
    Okay, well, mauspad and I will be leaving from the corner of Cambridge Street and Brighton Ave at 1:30 if any A-B kids are interested.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2009

jim there will be pics, pics a plenty, stay tuned.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

i look fucking classy....who knewthis wont hurt a bit...
    I lied we're leaving in like 10 mini mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthormauspad

'sup ladies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

I LOVE YOU, XUE. WILL YOU MARRY ME??!
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan

Xue, you never fail to amaze!! Hope the tweed ride goes well. You fine ladies and gents will all be out about the town in your Sunday finest while I shall be in my back yard cutting the grass down to size =( In time for next year's tweed ride I will be certain to be adequately prepared to ride with you all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

I was the runner on the charles in red who kept yelling "keep it classy tweed riders!"

Some seemed to appreciate it; others seemed irked."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    I saw you running! With a bandana next to another guy in white? Yay! WAAY too many runners were frowning.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

tinyhonkshus:I saw you running! With a bandana next to another guy in white? Yay! WAAY too many runners were frowning.

Yeah, alot of runners take themselves very seriously indeed.

pshaw I say!"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    Tweed Ride photoseti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    lingyyy:I LOVE YOU, XUE. WILL YOU MARRY ME??!

this.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    She is mine: http://www.mywedding.com/mariannaandxueforever/i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2009

this was fun...really really fun, for all of you who missed it pics here.this wont hurt a bit...
    Pugatch:Saturday October 3rd (raindate 4tth) Boston Tweed Ride 2pm with tea at 4pm

for more info: bostontweed.blogspot.com

We also now have a Boston 3 Speed Club http://groups.google.com/group/boston-3-speed-bicycle-club for those who want to do a tweed ride like event on a monthly basis get dressed up ride bikes get martinis and have picnics/bike swaps

Yes fixed gears and single speeds can be part of the tweed ride you just have to dress the part

Despite the current weather conditions, this thread/concept/ride needs as SERIOUS bump. There has not been a legit Tweed-type ride in Boston in sometime. It needs to happen on a more regular basis.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    There was one the following year, led by a crazy person who made us go 0 mph, and it turned everyone off.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Boston Tweed needs to get put back on the map in a serious way. Plus, I want umbrella jousting.

Fuck Polo. This is jousting.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.