Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2015

*yawn*"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

2012 ride (or was it 2013?) was great. Paolo, redhead Ben and I rode old Schwinns and I brought my pocketwatch, and I think Paolo and I were in vests and Ben wore a tweed jacket, and Tweedledum rode her sw33t f1xie while holding her pink sun parasol the whole time. There were some people there on regular bikes in regular clothes, and some people in really fucking serious period costume and at least one dude with a WWII replica bike. Everyone got a fancy blue ribbon to wear. We picnicked on the common at the end and people gave us delicious meats and cheeses. A+ would ride again.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorspokenword

future bike party theme?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

It *could* be a bike party theme, but the Tweed Ride doesn't really work at night. It has to be a daytime ride. Part of the point is to frolick in the sunshine.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I, and others, have lobbied BBP many times for a tweed theme. So far, no dice. Dan makes a very good point I had NOT thought of in regard to Tweed and BBP; it kinda *does* need to be a daytime thing. Or rather, it's much better served in the day light.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Maybe organize it with BBP but make it an extra saturday ride? Seems like they reach a lot more people than bfixed. Or just advertise it there. I'd definitely be up for a tweed ride picnic. Hopefully Terry gets used to the catpack by then. We have ordered this collar for her:
    "life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Yup. I'm going to coordinate with both BBP and I've reached out to Devon Kurtz/Vintage Society (people who ran some of the previous tweed rides). I'm guessing this will go down as a BBP off-shoot event, prolly on Sunday once in the Spring, and again in the Fall. Maybe some impromptu stuff in the summer. Boston's got bikes. It's got dapper. We just need to super-collide them more often.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    TWEED RIDE UPDATE: We are moving forward! Devon (who has planned previous tweed rides), members of the Bike Union, and myself are all starting to form a planning committee. First ride is going to be targeted for April/May. If people want to be part of the planning committee, get in touch! I'm sure we could use some more hands on deck! Bust out your knickers, and high socks, tweed jackets, Victorian finery, and pipes, this is going to be awesome.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Awesome to hear!
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    hey fwiw you might consider whether snowmelt will prevent finery-wearing when picking a datei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Nothing solid right now, but talk is of May 2, Derby Day, and ending at bar for well, Mint Julep's a Derby related doings....I am going to push for an alternate end destination of out door picnic somewhere. Options are always good.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    nice!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    MARK YOUR CALENDERS! While this is not 100% set in stone, things are looking very good for a big-ass Boston tweed ride on Sunday, April 26, 11am, in conjunction with the Greater Boston Vintage Society. Leaving from Bandstand (Boston Common) More info forthcoming!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

calendar marked ^
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015 edited

Warby Parker sells a monocle. I am not shitting you.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    The Greater Boston Vintage Society made it official. Here is the FB event page for it:

https://www.facebook.com/events/652083184936295/All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2015 edited

http://www.oldbike.eu/museum/magazines/humour/cycling-humour-strange-but-true/
    I could spend all day tweeding off to this. Just a few of the dozens of gems on that site:

Proto-Fatbike!

Trike pushed by dog. Makes sense, his strength-to-weight ratio is much better than mine.

We fucking NEED this giant tricycle!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015

Or, if you want to go even older, http://www.digitalvictorianist.com/tit-bits/
    A couple of favorites from there:
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus