Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorblitzgreeg
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009

I recently noticed that the clamp on my seat tube is kinda messed up looking, instead of being parallel on the outside (where the bolt tightens them) it looks like it got over tightened and one of the clamp sides collapsed in towards the other, its still attached, but bent as hell.

is this fixable? can it be replaced or repaired? i can take a pic in the morning if it would be helpful.

also, does anyone have one of those seat tube sizer, post things, i have no idea what diameter my seat tube is, and i wanna get a new seatpost for it...

thanks everyone
    • CommentAuthortristan

where'd you get that seatpost?ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."

i have the seatpost that came with the bike. it doesnt have a size on it anywhere.
    i don't understand the description of the damage, and while i'm sure my particular knowledge or opinion doesn't really matter in the scheme of bike related mishaps, since no one else has attempted a try, i might venture a suspective guess that such an issue might require more details or an image, of which you have already suggested you may post (or did i imagine that? i'm drunk)... pesnisesssses.
    again, i don't speak for everyone, but... penises.
    no one ask what size it is...'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    What kind of seatpost is that....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009 edited

the clamp on my seattube, around my seat post looks like this...
    http://img197.imageshack.us/i/0827091028a.jpg/
    see how one side is collapsed in on the other?

should look more like... this
    http://img193.imageshack.us/i/0827091028b.jpg/

see how theres even spacing between the clamp ends?

its kind of hard to describe. hopefully a picture helps clarify whats happening.

EDIT: html image tags dont seem to be working for me, so heres the links instead.
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009

You can probably bend it out, but be careful. Looks like the seatpost you have is actually too small for the frame, causing you to overtighten the collar in order to get the seatpost to not move.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009

ah i see... so i go back to another question i posed. any one have one of those sizing posts? kinda like a ring guage, but for seat tubes?
    stop by a shop, they can measure.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.