Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrichard q
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2007

Tell which sites/blogs that you read on a regular bases.
    About 10 cyclocross racer's blogs, a few brewer's blogs, and a couple of ebay and craigslist searches (for beer brewing equiptment and bikes). Beer and bikes are about the only 2 things I care about.

basis....
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000

oh golly, the short list?

75orless, bicycle design, bicycle commuters, bike snob nyc, hackaday, lifehacker, scissorkick, the perry bible fellowship, tinymixtapes, torrentfreak, worse than failure, xkcdwhat does he commute to clowntown on that thing
    •  
      CommentAuthorgazzer

not too many nowadays: bike snob nyc, questionablecontent, achewood, qwantz, drmcninja, craigslist bikesYou know, if I were to die right now, in some sort of fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend...well, that would just be ok.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstickyfoot

I hate bike snob nyc. There, I said it.MC Chunky Ice in da howse
    • CommentAuthorgc

i dont know what rss is

serious.

i think im better off without itgone
    this is gonna take a bit

slashdot, digg, boingboing, uneasysilence, k5, engadget, gizmodo, tuaw, maczot, woot, hawkwings, designsponge, apartment therapy, lifeclever, bltd, mocoloco, pingmag, coolhunting, product dose, uncrate, notcot.org, notcot.com, the cool hunter, treehugger, hugg, ecogeek, metaefficent, passive aggressive notes, ikeahacker, tallycat, fyxomatosis, trackosaurusrex, bostonfixed, fixed.gr

And for the comics...

PVP, Penny Arcade, Applegeeks, Megatokyo, Diesel Sweeties, Better Days, New Worlds, Dinosaur Comics, Joy of tech, vgcats, white ninja, ctrl-alt-del, xkcd, achewood, exploding dog, questionable content, sox nation, geeks in love, we the robots, and a few others.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

tuaw, trackosaurus, macuser, engadged, fgg, bostonfixed, fyxomatosis usually
    • CommentAuthorGrim Ryan

Im reading quite a lot now (i dont do real work at my job ever): Autoblog, Popular Mechanics, MAKE, Dilbert, Perry Bible Fellowship, Toothpaste for dinner/MTTS/Natalie Dee, Crossfit, Eric Cressey Blog, Highsnobriety, Freshness Mag, Lambgoat, Pitchfork, Tinymixtapes, OMG Posters, The Hundreds, Trackstar x DQMl, Trackasourus, Uncreate, Nocot, Designsponge, and the Google Reader photoblog group.Duffman Can't Breathe
    • CommentAuthorrichard q

Here is just a few:

design and art stuff -

a cup of jo, a list apart, qbn, ace jet 170, aisleone, anamorphosis, anygivenname, apartment therapy nyc, black . white . bliss, bitbox, core 77, cr blog, design is kinky, design milk, design*sponge, design you trust, daivdthedesigner, decor8, dezeen, ffffound!/everyone, freelance switch, i love typography, swiss legacy, how mag, iso50, magculture, nyc taxi photo, nicefuckinggraphics, oh joy!, manystuff, serif, reubenmiller, swissmiss, things to look at, typographica, veer, type for you, vitamin, you the designer, designnotes by micheal surtees, design council, typorifik, css heros, design furit

other stuff -

engadget, gizmodod, wired, o'reilly, compiler, ajaxian, mashable!, adii, elliot swan, css-tricks, creative guy, xkcd, nytimes, bbc, cool tools, lifehacker, make, del.icious hotlist, tutorial blog, geniant,

@ estratton, grim ryan - nice lists, already added a couple.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiiike
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2007

got a bunch, but the most important to me are the perry bible fellowship, scott adams' blog, both NYTimes politics and fashion/culture (no-homo) section, lifehacker & questionable content.sports!
    • CommentAuthorkanst

I pretty much only read about Baseball and Electronics.

The best thing about this thread is I found a few more blogs to keep me busy at work
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiiike

kanst:I pretty much only read about Baseball and Electronics.

ad infinitum

:-*sports!
    Aw, I love all the boys who read design*sponge and apartment therapy! I was reading them kind of obsessively when I was setting up my new place, but now I've sort of scaled back. All those "shelter" mags and blogs try to sell you a lot of crap you don't need.

Here's what I read:
    Architecture/Built Environment
    Built Chicago
    Dump Site
    Pruned

Art
    Drawn!

Chicago Blogs
    The Reader
    Chicagoist

Interior Design
    Apt Therapy Chicago
    Bloessem
    Day-lab
    Design*Sponge
    the Scoop
    Steamed Artichoke
    Todd Oldham Studio Blog

International
    My Heart's in Accra

Local News
    Chicago Tribune
    Chesterton Tribune
    Chicago Business

Mags
    The New Yorker
    Salon
    Slate

News
    Joshua Marshall's Talking Points Memo

I used to read more when I worked for a national talk show, but I've scaled back somewhat based on what I actually read regularly now.eva can i stab bats in a cave?
    • CommentAuthorGrim Ryan

bump for me needing more gear/design/art blogs to read over xmas break.Duffman Can't Breathe
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited

le lion couchant:i dont know what rss is

serious.

i think im better off without it

me too.

i like to read things on paper, like books, and essays about books, and essays about essays, and books about essays. mainly philosophy and art, and politics. or anything non-fiction really.
    archinect is the only one I really keep up withPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorrichard q
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007 edited

another design one, but it does not have rss, qbn.com use to be called newstoday.com
    • CommentAuthorgone
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2007

I don't bother with rss, but here's what I do every morning at Breakfast (besides eat).
    From top-to-bottom (according to my bookmarks bar):

BoingBoing
    Bostonist
    The Somerville News
    FREEWilliamsburg
    Click Opera
    'Bike Pirates' on LiveJournal
    Rushin' Revolution
    Universal Hub
    Weekly Dig Blog (<------SUUUUUUUUUUCKS)
    Brainiac (Boston Globe Ideas Blog)
    Exhibitionist (Boston Globe Arts Blog)
    Movie Nation (Boston Globe Movie Blog)
    The Boston Globe Celtics Blog
    The Onion
    paramountbicycle.com
    Cambridge Bikes Blog
    Bike Snob NYC

I used to read Pitchfork, but then I stopped listening to music.
    I also used to read Viceland (.de, even, on occasion), but then their website became very hard to navigate (also, my gf kept giving me a hard time).