Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorflix
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009

I have an IRO Mark V. I've been building up and modifying. This is my first build so I'm still figuring some a good amount of stuff out. I'm in the process of getting new cranks and chain ring.

IRO website says with their 110 BB and IRO crankset the 46t chainring will have a 42mm chainline. I've got a 42t @ 39-42mm(margin of error) and its close enough where I don't think a 46t would clear the chainstay.

First question is if the chainline is accurate at 39mm is that enough to make the difference? So that when I get a 42mm chainline a 46t will clear the chainstay no problem.

Seoncondly, its a Mark V frame. Anyone own or seen Mark V frames - Is there supposed to be an indent on the drive side of the chainstay for chainring clearance? Wondering if I got a defected frame without that indent...
    Can threads be archived? This is amazing.
    1.) if you used the appropriate bb you shouldn't have any problems.
    2.)there is. it's called a dimple.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorflix
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

There is no dimple in the standard Mark V frames. Rear is spaced correctly at 120mm. Visually I cant imagine a 46t clearing safely at 42mm but going to go for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth

you should probably get back to me about the fuji track pro.......................
    ^^my bad about the dimple, but it should fit higher than a 46 tooth chainring if you have the correct bottom bracket (though it seems like you don't).You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorflix

emailed you on Sunday eric. still would like to look at it ^
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth

ah. my bad. call me! i'll pm you my number
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

conor!:^^my bad about the dimple, but it should fit higher than a 46 tooth chainring if you have the correct bottom bracket (though it seems like you don't).

srsly, wrong size bb if you're worried about strike with a 46t. I've briefly run that frame with a 49t fsa track chainring.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorflix

Well...110bb with IRO cranks gives a 42mm chainline. Ive got a larger BB but different cranks that also give me nearly 42mm chainline. Doesn't matter what combo of bb+crank if the chainline remains at 42mm...right? Thats why I'm skeptical. I'll let you know how it all works out in a few days.

Got it eric, I'll call you asap.