Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49019/domains/bostonfixed.us/html/forum/extensions/Signatures/default.php on line 86

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49019/domains/bostonfixed.us/html/forum/extensions/Signatures/default.php on line 86

•  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009 edited

Hey everybody, so I just read that from Tuesday, November 17th from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. we should see 30 to 50 meteors an hour. there's going to be a meteor shower that'll potentially being one of the biggest showers to occur in our lifetime

So! how about we all take a ride out to some nice vacant field somewhere away from the city lights and embrace the cosmos' weather patterns haha.
    Anybody for Walden Pond? I've never been there but I can imagine that being a great place for the viewing. Though, somewhere closer is a very welcomed alternative.
    Plus, it'll be a new moon night so the sky should be really dark if it isn't cloudy (i reallly hope it isn't).

"In the United States and Canada, eastern observers will be particularly well-positioned for maximum activity, expected sometime between 3:30 and 5:30 a.m"
    ..just bring some blankets, pillows, and sweatshirts haha

sources:
    http://leonid.arc.nasa.gov/
    &
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33589356/ns/technology_and_science-science/somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I was JUST wondering where the balls everyone's planning on watching from! I'm interested in riding out somewhere!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2009

yeah this sounds like a really great idea, I"d be so in.
    Sounds sweet, sadly I have a neuroscience test the next morning. AGGGHHHHH.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

I'll be on a plane in the air maybe.

also, maybe the arboretum would be good.
    I'm in for this.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

Cedar Jones:Sounds sweet, sadly I have a neuroscience test the next morning. AGGGHHHHH.

study while you watch! if that's possible..

gemathy:I'll be on a plane in the air maybe.

also, maybe the arboretum would be good.

arboretum...i likeesomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    What about the GIANT HILL at Larz Anderson?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorbenks!

yes! this sounds awesome.
    ^^i would worry about light pollution at Larz Anderson, but i understand that there might be compromises involved in this planningi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009

rad!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrumbles

Totally down. This is going to be great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

alllrightt that's cool people are interested..we could meet up at the Christian Science Center around 10-1030ish Tuesday night if the weather cooperates

so our options are:

far away (10 miles):
    -Walden Pond area
    -Blue Hills Observatory

close (5 miles):
    -Bussey Hill @ Arnold Arboretum
    -The highpoint @ Larz Anderson
    -The soccer field @ "Hammond Pond Parkway"
    -Or we could sneak onto one of the holes at the Brookline Golf Course/Putterham Meadow Golf Course

any other suggestions??somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

I like sneaking. Golf course might be nice. Also, I've never been to that soccer field, might be worth checking out. Bussey and Larz might be good but have the potential for a lot of other folk with the same idea.

Honestly, I think the Blue HIlls is the best, but to be doing that kind of ride coming back so early in the morning would be brutal. If enough people want to, I'm in.Fuck yeah.
    great, ill be in newyork city for this. no way im gonna see it.its like watching a monkey swallow a hand grenade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

too many trees at walden. down the road at the high school (or middle school?) is better. i've watched numerous celestial joints from here. if it's clear, bring a blanket. (and another mammal (or whatevs)). if it's clear, it should be great!
    • CommentAuthorkeepitreal

think you got the days mixed up, duder. says early on the morning of the 17th, meaning go sleep out Monday night the 16th and wake up at 330AM Tuesday the 17th.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

i am down!MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009 edited

ah well i read the night of the 17th-18th would be the best :]

and brunop .. what high school/middle school? throw up a google map of itsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpolkaishot
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009

fuckin a, hating myself for leaving boston rite nowinsert lulzy signature here
    My summer Ultimate field is not that far from Walden and it'd be pretty good...but it's pretty far: clickyi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    im down for the arboretum, but if people wanted to go farther out and not owrry about riding around that late/early we could caravan cars, id be willing to drive people.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

As much as I hate saying 'Let's not ride bikes,' I think it would be worth our while to go far away from the light pollution and carpool somewhere. Ms. Honkshus' field sounds nice (got a light up disc?).Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

ah damn that field looks great, and i understand what ya mean cdrebbel

lets take a poll!

FOR THOSE WHO WOULD NOT MIND TAKING CARS OUT TO HONKSHUS' FIELD THROW A +1
    IF YOU WANT TO STAY LOCAL AND BIKE COMMENT A -1somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2009 edited

+1 (it's pretty much the only way i can go)

and we can bring a ton of blankets

and cuddle

i have a flask!
    fuck tests, I am going. I support car.
    I'm in either way. +1 - 1clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

what kinda time frame are we talking about?

i haz carMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorowen

+1 on idea, I has no car though
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

mauspad:+1 (it's pretty much the only way i can go)

and we can bring a ton of blankets

and cuddle

i have a flask!

dibs.

; )
    ^back off, she's mine.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

ok so it seems the car option is the most favored...

next course of action is WHO HAS A CAR? haha

and in regards to the time frame..id assume we'd make our arrival at the field 10-11ish and probably head home 2-3ish
    does that sound reasonable?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus

^^Do I NEED to post the wedding website again?

Anywho, I support car (I don't have one, but I could borrow one in an emergency)

+1i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

I've got ZippyCarFuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthoreggman

+1 on car travel. I have work the next morning, so I'd like to expend as little energy as possible. This is all assuming I'm correct in thinking I have the night off.Ella: Not that I would EVER even THINK of taking the T (mainly because my penis is too large to fit in it)
    ^^I too have zipcar. Happy to do it if folks split the cost.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i can take 3 kids in my car'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorowen

I have come to accept the fact that I will always end up in the back seat in the middle because I'm so damn short.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus

Okay, organization explosion:

IN:
    outcold
    tinyhonkshus
    bostowen
    epic (zippy!)
    benks!
    dora (car)
    crumbles + 1
    cdrebbel (zippy!)
    'nop
    mauspad
    killersim (car)
    eggman (?)
    cedar
    fmradio

15 peeps, 4 cars (could probably fit in 3 cars)? Talk to me!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile

^ thank you very much for doing that .... gotta put fmradio516 on that list

3 cars seems like it'll work out wellsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrumbles

Ooo I'll have a plus one as well
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009

DATE/TIME CHANGE

keepitreal:think you got the days mixed up, duder. says early on the morning of the 17th, meaning go sleep out Monday night the 16th and wake up at 330AM Tuesday the 17th.

^they were right when they said that apparently..i was just reading National Geographic's article on the shower and this is what it said:

"In those regions, sky-watchers are advised to venture out away from bright city lights between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. on the 17th, when they should see 30 to 50 meteors an hour."
    source: (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091113-2009-leonids-meteor-shower-peak.html)

so i apologize to all those whose plans get messed up by this change but this is when it's happening

is everybody with cars still available?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2009

i might just watch from that field that the allston polo courts are in and just deal with the light polution. I'm gonna go there tonight and see if it's all that bad.
    So on second glance, killersim says she can take 3 in her car, so that means 3 cars is NOT enough for 15 peeps. Eric and Jeff, how much notice do you need to get zipcars?

I'm thinking meet somewhere (does anyone have a good empty lot to meet in?) at 10 or 11 Monday night with 4 cars? Bring gas money. Thoughts on "in case of rain"?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordrags
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009

I have a car and am very +1cdrebbel: STOP TYPING 'BREAKS' YOU FUCKTARDS. YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY.
    ^does that mean you're with child?

Total's up to 17, glad you have a car.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordrags

"It's an immaculate convection... oven... and it done got a bun in it"cdrebbel: STOP TYPING 'BREAKS' YOU FUCKTARDS. YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY.
    Since it'll be the middle of the night, taking route 2 out of Cambridge might be the fastest way to get there. I wanna do this, and it's TOMORROW NIGHT, so I wanna see some shit lined up.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthoreggman

Hmmmm, I might not be able to make it to this. I'm working Monday night but hopefully I'll get out early? It should be kind of dead.Ella: Not that I would EVER even THINK of taking the T (mainly because my penis is too large to fit in it)
    • CommentAuthorowen

Where/when are we thinking of meeting for this?