Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorz3tek
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2009

So i've been thinking.. there's thousands of reasons why you should wear helmets. But are there any reasons you shouldn't? Personally I think i'm young and invincible and wont get hit by a car (again that is, and flip over my handlebars and bang my head on the floor and spend a few hours in the hospital raking up $7000 in bills and have another knot in my neck that hasnt gone away in 10 months)...Mephlehet: there's black people on this forum? wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

Head injuries won't show until one, two, four or maybe more hours later. Wear a helmet. I'd hate to have a head injury and have my mom find out I wasn't wearing the helmet she bought me.
    you're fucking stupid.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor!:you're fucking stupid.
    YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorz3tek

^who mike for wearing one or me for asking?Mephlehet: there's black people on this forum? wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

dont wear one. it'll make you look like a pussy.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

wow. The helmet debate starts.

Even with a a helmet, I got landed in the hospital for about a week, and was stuck in a bed at home for about 2 weeks after a crash. Memory loss, couldn't write properly, had to drop out of school because of cognitive issues...But, the helmet no doubt saved my life.

Wise up chumps. You may look super cool with your trendy-ass hats, but I have zero sympathy for crash victims when they don't wear a helmet.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    despite the fact that I survived a 20mph face/headfirst impact into the side of a car sans helmet, I never go without one now.

if you're worried about looking laaaammmeeeooooo, take a lookee here:
    http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/LAS0006/large/LAS-Crono-Time-Trial-Helmet.html?swatch=BL
    most BA helmet everrr.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorz3tek

honestly i just wanted to be facetious. but over the past few years i've noticed the status quo among fixies seems to be "fuck a helmet, i'm fast, strong legs, good eyes, etc.." i wear mine 95% of the time after that accident, i take a chance on rides less than 5mins even though i know better. but i just wanted to get a feel for what ppl on the forums thoughtMephlehet: there's black people on this forum? wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

fuck a helmet, old age homes are too crowded.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

i dont understand why people wouldn't wear a helmet. its just dumb.RIDE METAL
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN

^^the day my children try to put me in an old age home, ill roll out sans helmet.RIDE METAL
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez

banana truffles:
    conor!:you're fucking stupid.
    mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    • CommentAuthorgc

i rarely wear a helmet when i ride my bike.
    when i am bike touring i like to take my helmet off and lay it on top of the handlebar bag.gone
    Craiginpictures:if you're worried about looking laaaammmeeeooooo, take a lookee here:
    http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/LAS0006/large/LAS-Crono-Time-Trial-Helmet.html?swatch=BL
    most BA helmet everrr.

not going to protect you...
    eBAUMANN:^^the day my children try to put me in an old age home, ill roll out sans helmet.

haha +a millionsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorz444ch

i dont wear a helmet cause the cool ones cost too much.did i mention bikes suck?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited

I saw some one ridding down the street with a fedora on while ridding his sweet fixie.. I'm still laughing about it wear a helmet, or ill post pictures of the staples that were in my head.Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009

even wearing a fedora OFF of the bike is offensive. It's like a head-sign that says "look at me, I like indie-rock."

fucking dumbExcept our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009 edited

xbobeahenx:even wearing a fedora OFF of the bike is adventurous. It's like a head-sign that says "look at me, I like indiana jones."

fucking awesome

At least that would be my thought process if I had a fedora...
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2009

Indian Jones does NOT wear a fedora.

He wears a baddass whipping hat, made of worldly travel dust and blood. Fedoras are made of tweed and modest-mouse albums.

fucking dumb, I stand by what I said.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2009

xbobeahenx:Fedoras are made of tweed and modest-mouse albums.

Fair enough, that made me laugh. I stand corrected, good sir.
    • CommentAuthorjarlsberg
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010

This vid is by far the most interesting on "to helmet or not to helmet". I'm surprised I haven’t seen this or any of the things stated on any of the helmet debate threads i've read.

This doesn’t mean don't wear one, it's just really interesting, but if you do decide to not wear a helmet, at least wear a woman’s wig...We are entirely accustomed to the idea that complex elegance is an indicator of premeditated, crafted design.