Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009

can you dig it?
    !!!!!!!!!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorgrev

i need wool socks. other than that, snow is my bitch.not another pitcher!
    it's supposed to be in the high 30s tomorrow afternoon, so we probably won't be grokking for long.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I'm almost done rehabing my winter bike from last winter.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

I heart hibernation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV

WOOT WOOT! only saw one bike on my ride home tonight... pussies
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

IV:WOOT WOOT! only saw one bike on my ride home tonight... pussies

I saw some tracks other than mine on Holman. Wordup holman crew, fuckthesnow.
    I laugh at those who hang it up for the winter.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2009 edited

boundgear:I heart hibernation.

What?

I'll probably ride into town tomorrow, but I can't imagine it'll be terribly snowy in the morning.

Only downside is I'll hang up the Rossin until snow and salt are gone, just getting used to it again and it's back to the Miyata. Coasting was fun, but pulling all that chain is weird.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

I'll still ride, but I'll still hate snow and cold. I rode year round when I lived in vt. Boston is angel pussy compared to that snow globe.
    Late sep- late may the last year I was there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxbobeahenx

boundgear: Boston is angel pussy compared to that snow globe.

Same goes when compared to Minnesota. I'll take Boston winter ANY day over -40 windchills. Seriously, ride a bike in -40. Sucks. A lot.Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power.
    • CommentAuthorPLyTheMan

Love going for a ride on the first snow. Always so quiet and peaceful and there are hardly any cars on the road. Put on some nice music and just cruise through the winter wonderland! (I think I have to go on this ride for the first snow before the next five months make me hate riding a bike)
    just rode like 20+ miles in the snow...i am FROZEN.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009 edited

Heh... yeah, we have it pretty easy inside the 128 belt (annoying if you're a kid hoping for a snowday though). I've done winter in the Syracuse-area and Iowa City, IA so I've had a taste of how bad it can be some place where it snows an insane amount or is just crazy (dry) frigid for months on end. Having that big (Massachusetts) bay full of warm water helps keep things calm.

I'm impressed you found 20 miles of snow to ride through Craig, looking out the window contemplating a ride to school all I see is wet roads. Gonna be a wet coupla hours watching a crappy video in the law library.
    I hope people will excuse my inept amateur meteorology, but I was thinking about it last night and realized Massachusetts Bay's effect on snow storms is somewhat akin to the Gulf of Mexico's effect on tropical systems:

In the early part of the season, the water temps are either too high (MB) or too low (GoM) for early snowstorms/hurricanes, so any systems that make an attempt peter out (clearly my realization isn't terribly revelatory in that MB only keeps airtemps too high for snow to form, whereas in the GoM tropical systems tend to lose strength when they pass over cooler surface waters). But after a # of months MB cools and the GoM gets warmer...

I wouldn't be surprised if one of you fine folks has knowledge of such subjects and can elaborate on my boneheaded realization that it takes awhile for water temperatures to rise or fall "with" the seasons, et cetera.
    •  

PS: what made my above thoughts interesting to me was living other places, I forgot but that's what prompted me thinking of it again. It's wicked weird to live somewhere else with totally different weather systems.

New Orleans in particular... Lake Pontchartrain seemed to play a similar role to MA Bay by breaking up systems coming in from the west before they could get into the city. The western parishes would get slammed by T-storms all the time, and communities on the north shore of the lake would get hit, but many of the storms broke up just outside the Orleans Parish limits (parish = county).

Admittedly I don't know that it was actually a direct water temp effect, I never found out why that is (or appeared to be anyway).
    •  
      CommentAuthorelinormous
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009

EPIC snowball fight last night. everyone got hit in the face or the ass at least once.
    it better make an appearance in yr documentary, bachez.
    ^Ugh. I am missing everything cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelinormous
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2009

next time, next time.
    there's going to be way too many opportunities to do that again
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

snow is amazing. that is allunstuck in time
    <3<3<3<3<3 is how i feel.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    SNOW PICS PLZYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2015

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    yes!

Oh and lemme know if you see my phone in rochester, I lost it near Lux in the snow in 2009. Nextel i880:

you can mail it to me.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2015 edited

Damn, I've been meaning to go to Lux anyway. I'll ask them if they remember if they found your phone six years ago.

Home of the Pabstsmear, motherfuckers.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015 edited

On the pillars under that bridge: Susan B. Anthony, Nathaniel Rochester, Austin Seward, and of course, Frederick Douglass.
    I got a free deep v today

and the riding was nice

then I left my bike on the porch for an hour or so
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2015

^that pic is memeable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2015

snow bike is snow