Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

killersim:two is too many mouths to feed. Ill cook one of you and let the other eat. Eric, youd probably be better eats then mike, sorry.

:-( Are you calling me fat?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorbrittle
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010

i just used up carrots and parsnips on their way out in a super spicy curry.
    also barley, boiled, then added a handful of fresh parsley = awesome

what do you folks do with your celery root?? its just so ugly.disco visp
    • CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2010

just made 4 slices of french toast
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010

brittle:i just used up carrots and parsnips on their way out in a super spicy curry.

what do you folks do with your celery root?? its just so ugly.

celery root in lentil soup is the jammmmmmmmMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    EPIC! Stratton:
    killersim:two is too many mouths to feed. Ill cook one of you and let the other eat. Eric, youd probably be better eats then mike, sorry.

:-( Are you calling me fat?

yeah eric, Youre a real beached whale.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    killersim:
    EPIC! Stratton:

:-( Are you calling me fat?

yeah eric, Youre a real beached whale.

Yeah... it's my winter blubber. Keeps me warm and provides more cushion. Oh well.... back to my pint of ice cream.

In other news, we all better start eating more....

Slimmer doesn't always mean fitter via NYTimesclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^great article, eric. thanks for sharing :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

Yellow-Curried Cauliflower dish with grape tomatoes, onions, garlic, red&white qoinoa. Added Hotsauce and Nutritional Yeast. These were left overs from dinner I made last night. woo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar

"He worked out on a special sort of anti-gravity treadmill, the AlterG, which uses a cushion of air to lift the body, allowing you to effectively decrease your body weight as you run. "
    So far, some ice cream since my throat was bothering me this morning. Fine now. Then some water, a juice, cookie, 2 peanut butter sandwiches, and for dinner some sauteed onion, mushroom, peppers, and a spinach salad along with either some rice or pasta.

Also 2 oranges.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

I had a glass of skim milk, one apple, one string cheese and a cinnamon raisin bagel.

Oh, and coffee. Black as death and strong as hell, 'cuz that's how I roll (no pussy sugar or creamer for me).unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

Today I ate pussy sugar, mmmmmmmFuck yeah.
    artesc:I had a glass of skim milk, one apple, one string cheese and a cinnamon raisin bagel.

Oh, and coffee. Black as death and strong as hell, 'cuz that's how I roll (no pussy sugar or creamer for me).

I like mine black as night and sweet as sin.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    cdrebbel:Today I ate pussy sugar, mmmmmmm

\m/YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

cdrebbel:Today I ate pussy sugar, mmmmmmm

oh dip jeff, you get your pee pee dapped?MUFFDVR
    Baby spinach with a citrus dressing, feta cheese, and toasted walnuts
    Toasted bread with herbs, salt, and pepper
    Sauteed onion and mushroom with tomato sauce on fettucini
    red wine

cookie dough ice cream

Also, excellent dinner company and jazz in the backgroundclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2010

fmradio516:oh dip jeff, you get your pee pee dapped?

The title of my new favorite children's book.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

artesc:

Oh, and coffee. Black as death and strong as hell, 'cuz that's how I roll (no pussy sugar or creamer for me).

cdrebbel:

Today I ate pussy sugar, mmmmmmm

ass facesMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlingyyy

One bag of Skittles, four Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, nine ounces of potato chips, and two liters of cola. And leftovers from Food Wall.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorCarter

mmm Food Wall...It's not francois' fault that you weren't looking hard enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

bump a dump

what do you guys think this forum is about, bikes?! more food talk

this is kinda food, you put it in your mouth. but i bought those Fisherman's Friend throat lozenges - good lord they're strong! and weird brown flat things. but they work wayyyy better than halls and don't have a ridiculous amount of sugar in them.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

Today I (h)ate unsalted peanuts. Blech.Fuck yeah.

Bwahahahahahaclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010

home made buttermilk doughnuts with valrhona ganache and cinnamon sugar

pork rillette

some crazy chinese food that makes my burps taste like the bottom of a dumpster.I prefer 49x16
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010 edited

brittle:i just used up carrots and parsnips on their way out in a super spicy curry.

what do you folks do with your celery root?? its just so ugly.

[edit] Skin it, first...

Simmer in 1 pt water, 1 pt milk, dollop of butter, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic.

Once tender, remove thyme, blend. Reseason. Perfect puree for most fish, but I especially like it with steak with a pan sauce of tannic red wine, thyme, garlic, shallot, butter. Small arugula and radish salad with simple port vinaigrette? mmmmm baby, you gotta stew goin.I prefer 49x16
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010

Two cups of coffee, six cigarettes, and 3/4 of a beer I found open on my counter from last night.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    ..... you ate six cigarettes? uh........ i don't think you're supposed to eat those...clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Yesterday....

3 scrambled eggs with pepper and hot sauce
    1 orange
    1 veggie burrito
    2 scoops of ice cream from tosci. CHOCOLATE BANANA HAZELNUT! OMFG WIN!
    Homemade mushroom risotto.

Today so far
    Bowl of honey nut cheeriosclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Yeah, I gave up smoking, but I still wanted that disgusting feeling.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks

Thomas Keller made a coffee custard infused with tobacco once, served with foie gras mousse. mmmmmmmmmI prefer 49x16
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010

When I'm hung over, I cant sleep. So, I was up wicked early this morning, and made mini bread bowls, which I baked eggs in. They were delicious.

And cowboy coffee.

That is all.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010 edited

^^Incredible. I found it, and I'm going to make this sometime.
    Recipe:

Coffee and a Cigarette - Approximate Yield: 20 servings

Ingredients
    2 large eggs, separated
    3 large egg yolks
    3/4 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 2 vanilla beans, scraped)
    1/2 cup tobacco infused heavy cream

Procedure
    To make the infusion, take one cigar, slice open and soak in heavy cream overnight.
    Place egg yolks and 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of sugar into mixer bowl with whisk attachment. Add vanilla extract. Whip for 12 minutes medium speed or until mixture has lightened and tripled in volume.
    Transfer mixture to a bowl placed in a larger bowl of ice water to maintain consistency.
    In separate bowl, whip infused heavy cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar until it holds its' shape when the whisk is lifted.
    Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture and return to bowl with ice water.
    Whip egg whites in mixer bowl until frothy. During whipping, add remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and while egg whites until they hold soft peaks - do not over whip.
    Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolk & cream mixture until completely combined.
    Spoon 1z of foam into 3z cups, tap to settle, cover with plastic wrap and freeze no less than six hours or overnight.
    Remove from freezer several minutes prior to serving to thaw.
    Pull single shot of espresso on top of semi-frozen foam.
    Serve with spoon and stir before drinking.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorIV
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010

Chocolate covered strawberries! Happy V-Day eve!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010

Today I made from scratch and ate: (yes, i'm proud... I only cook seriously, like once a year).

Cucumber, Mint, and Feta Salad

Butternut Squash Soup

Skirt steak with Shallots, Mashed Potatoes and Goat Cheese, Beet Greens.

AWESOMENESSEPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    ^well done sir.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZevsInSF
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

Thank you. :-) I'm pretty happy about it. I was dancing around the kitchen.EPIC! Stratton: ^fwiw he did in fact have a map out.... ...while riding.... ...with no hands.... ..on fire*...
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

tequila sunrise from bagel rising, mmmmmm..
    • CommentAuthorhannaelise
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

Black bean, cheese, and tofu quesadilla with a tall glass of horchata.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010 edited

Went to Fiendly Toast and had eggs benedict with corned beef hash substituted for the ham (sometimes known as an Irish Benedict). I have not hoovered food like that in probably at least a year. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    GO VEGAN OR GO HOME.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ikr?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010

woke up, had oatmeal, 21 mile run, then pot pie wrap (crust INSIDE the wrap) @ snice, and 1/2 vegan BLT and vegan samoa cookie from snice, then 2 slices frosted banana bread from babycakes and for dinner, a brownie from babycakes. now salt n pepper french fries homemade carbonara and honey roasted pb from the jar. I love getting to be a fatass."You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010

enchanted boccoli forest my babe made last night. from the moosewood cookbook. deeeeeeeeeee-lish!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcrumbles

Boston Cookie.

Omigawh.

Om nom.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^^^seconded. planning on 18 miles this afternoon so i think in preparation i will make blueberry coffee cake for the post-run noms.

so far today, a handful of raisins. must go forage.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

Gilbert: from babycakes

I MISS THAT PLACE!!!!

brunop:enchanted boccoli forest my babe made last night. from the moosewood cookbook. deeeeeeeeeee-lish!

<3 moosewood!

i'm craving fruit hardcore for some reasonMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorwest.

As per my new raw diet, I had a shit ton of vegetables and sprouts (bean/alfalfa), peanut butter and bananas and honey and a gallon of water.unstuck in time
    •  
      CommentAuthorGilbert

ratattack:^^^seconded. planning on 18 miles this afternoon so i think in preparation i will make blueberry coffee cake for the post-run noms.

so far today, a handful of raisins. must go forage.

mmmmmmmmmm

The best part of running is sitting around in scrubs afterwards with your legs elevated watching bad tv and eating! Coffee cake nom nom nom"You're dancing TOO SMALL; dominant males dance like THIS!" -(drunk) Nate, to me on the art of seduction and the role of dancing therein (while on a dancefloor)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^^did you shell and grind the peanuts yourself? b/c even the whole foods grind-pb-fresh stuff is made with roasted peanuts, aka not raw. the almond butter that you can grind yourself is usually raw, though.

and did you make sure the honey was raw? most commercial honey isn't, you have to specifically look for raw honey.

and ^last week after my long run i went to the grasshopper buffet and then watched jane austen's persuasion on masterpiece theater with margaret. it was glorious!