Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHamburger
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010

Friday, March 26th
    6pm-7pm – Potluck Dinner
    7:00pm-7:30pm – Youth Program Presentation
    7:30pm-8:00pm – International Program Presentation

Bikes Not Bombs is having an evening of potluck and presentations to benefit the tool supply for the youth program space and international programs, and needs your help! Since BNB works on thousands of bicycles every year through our educational programming and preparing bicycles for international delivery, the tools get a lot of use! BNB is conducting a fundraiser to help buy more bicycle repair tools for youth and international programs. Please join us as we hear updates from the youth instructors and our international programs director, back from touring several of BNB's projects. It will be a night to remember and fun for all!

Tickets will be available at the door, but purchasing in advance is strongly recommended. Tickets are $10-25 on a sliding scale and can be found through the link below. When purchasing, please indicate what dish you intend to share. Even if you can't attend, please consider a donation!

www.bikesnotbombs.org/tools

Bikes Not Bombs Hub

284 Amory St

Jamaica Plain

Friday, March 26th

6pm-7pm – Potluck Dinner
    7:00pm-7:30pm – Youth Program Presentation
    7:30pm-8:00pm – International Program Presentation

Any volunteers interested in helping set up for the event should email --> tuftedpuffin@bikesnotbombs.orgPeople make decisions.
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010

Your username made me immediately assume this is a hamburger-only potluck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHamburger
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010

^ I have it on good authority that vegetarian and vegan dishes will likely outnumber dishes containing meat.

However, if hamburgers would inspire you come to this event, then I'll make hamburgers.People make decisions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

cheeseburger picnic!
    • CommentAuthorgrev

burgers not bombsnot another pitcher!
    Is that you Tom? WTH! What's with you and hamburgers?I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorHamburger

^yes, this is me, tom.

is "wth" a tame "wtf"? if so, thanks for not cussing in front of the kids.

there is nothing out of the ordinary with me and hamburgers, i was only responding to someone's immediate assumption concerning what food will likely be offered at this fun and exciting and worthy pot-luck event.

however, if it will draw people to the event and allow BNB to buy more tools for the youth program, then yes
    there is something with me and hamburgers!

i am now taking suggestions for just what that something might be.People make decisions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorladytraveler
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2010 edited

.I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorelinormous
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2010

done and done. volunteering for this. who's joining me
    Hung out with the youth from BNB today and they are doing a great job preparing for their presentation for this event. Please consider coming out and supporting them. They're putting in a lot of work and it would be really cool for people from all parts of the cycling community to be there. In addition, David, the International Programs Director just came back from a two-week trip to projects in Mexico and Guatemala and visited the Ghana project earlier this year. He's going to give a great synopsis of the trips and the work happening there and in other parts of the developing world. It's going to be awesome!

Also, if you're considering coming but haven't bought your ticket yet please do try to buy it online in advance so we can have an idea of how many people to expect.I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    •  
      CommentAuthorHamburger
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010

Hello everyone,

This event will occur today, as scheduled, and I know that there will be a delicious bean & rice dish, some turkey meatloaf*, kale & garlic mashed potatos, and a reeeeeally nice cheddar cheese plate.

Feel free to stop in, grab a bite to eat, introduce yourself, and learn a bit more about Bikes Not Bombs and their youth program Earn-A-Bike. Or just stop in for free food.

Think of it like a Restaurant Week event, but instead of Boston's top restaurants serving you bottom-shelf food it will be volunteers from one of Boston's best non-profits serving you food that is pretty darn good.

* = original turkey meatloaf recipe from Ben Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac**

** = this is a lie, yet I think Mr. Franklin would be honoredPeople make decisions.