Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2015

oh, no, I'm not. I just wish they'd join the rest of us weird quiet people and ride bikes all the time. A naked bike ride, surrounded by a bunch of other sweaty naked randos who probably also don't ride bikes, sounds like the worst thing imaginable."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2015

Agreed the logic of that ride is slippery at best.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    BrianFreshOSC:I should have posted this way sooner...

Bostonopoly 3 weekend July 17th and 18th

this fun filled shit show of a weekend is a fundraiser for the BBMA emergency fund.

Friday night will feature the infamous stays of thunder nascar themed crit , and saturday will be the main event of Bostonopoly 3

We do need some volunteers for checkpoints , if you are interested in that , or need more info please shoot me an email bfresh1@gmail.com

Below is a synopsis of the rules , as penned by Jacobs. If you remember this race , you will remember that it is one of the most entertaining messenger events we have ever done.

The object of this event is to make as many "ayyyos" as possible. speed means very little in this event, so do not go to crazy on the streets and remember to slow down and have fun. this is an adapted and somewhat simplified version of monopoly themed alleycats that happen all over europe annually.

at the start of the event you will receive an ayyyo advance, a manifest and a checkpoint map. write your name and number on all manifests or you will not get credit for them. your first stop is already filled in on your manifest.

for three hours all the checkpoints on your map will be open, and they are sending things to each other. delivering a package on time will earn you 50 ayyyos, if it's a rush, 100 ayyyos. all packages will be timestamped at pickup, and you have one hour to get them to their destination, 30 minutes if it is a rush. late packages will be accepted, but you receive no payment.

at each checkpoint there are 2 stacks of cards. the community chest (yellow) card must be drawn first. follow the instructions on the card. if it says to pay a fine, you must pay the fine listed and the money goes in that checkpoint's "jackpot". if the card has a bonus on it, the checkpoint will pay you. if you draw the jackpot card, you win the jackpot. if you draw the "jail" card, the checkpoint will confiscate your manifest, you must go to the jail checkpoint, get your card stamped and then you can bring it back to trade that card for your manifest.

next you draw the chance (orange) card. these are your runs. each chance card will have 1-3 runs on it, and whether they are a standard or a rush. you may do several calls at once, and make multiple deliveries at one stop, just watch your deadlines.

each manifest holds 5 jobs. a complete (full) manifest is worth a 200 ayyyo bonus. when your manifest is full, you can get a new one at any checkpoint. make sure you hold on to your completed manifests, you need them to prove the work you've done.

staff will be on the course with lots of ayyyos and will be giving them out; impress them and maybe they'll give you some. bribes are accepted and encouraged. get your hustle on.

after 3 hours the checkpoints will close, and you go to the finish. count your ayyyos, put them in an envelope with all of your completed manifests and hand them in.

Missed this post. I worked a CP for this during NACCC and it was really, really fun. Like bike tricks and table dancing inside the bar fun. Wish I could do it again but children. Y'all should volunteer or race.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2015 edited

BrianFreshOSC:I should have posted this way sooner...

Bostonopoly 3 weekend July 17th and 18th

this fun filled shit show of a weekend is a fundraiser for the BBMA emergency fund.

Friday night will feature the infamous stays of thunder nascar themed crit , and saturday will be the main event of Bostonopoly 3

We do need some volunteers for checkpoints , if you are interested in that , or need more info please shoot me an email bfresh1@gmail.com

Below is a synopsis of the rules , as penned by Jacobs. If you remember this race , you will remember that it is one of the most entertaining messenger events we have ever done.

The object of this event is to make as many "ayyyos" as possible. speed means very little in this event, so do not go to crazy on the streets and remember to slow down and have fun. this is an adapted and somewhat simplified version of monopoly themed alleycats that happen all over europe annually.

at the start of the event you will receive an ayyyo advance, a manifest and a checkpoint map. write your name and number on all manifests or you will not get credit for them. your first stop is already filled in on your manifest.

for three hours all the checkpoints on your map will be open, and they are sending things to each other. delivering a package on time will earn you 50 ayyyos, if it's a rush, 100 ayyyos. all packages will be timestamped at pickup, and you have one hour to get them to their destination, 30 minutes if it is a rush. late packages will be accepted, but you receive no payment.

at each checkpoint there are 2 stacks of cards. the community chest (yellow) card must be drawn first. follow the instructions on the card. if it says to pay a fine, you must pay the fine listed and the money goes in that checkpoint's "jackpot". if the card has a bonus on it, the checkpoint will pay you. if you draw the jackpot card, you win the jackpot. if you draw the "jail" card, the checkpoint will confiscate your manifest, you must go to the jail checkpoint, get your card stamped and then you can bring it back to trade that card for your manifest.

next you draw the chance (orange) card. these are your runs. each chance card will have 1-3 runs on it, and whether they are a standard or a rush. you may do several calls at once, and make multiple deliveries at one stop, just watch your deadlines.

each manifest holds 5 jobs. a complete (full) manifest is worth a 200 ayyyo bonus. when your manifest is full, you can get a new one at any checkpoint. make sure you hold on to your completed manifests, you need them to prove the work you've done.

staff will be on the course with lots of ayyyos and will be giving them out; impress them and maybe they'll give you some. bribes are accepted and encouraged. get your hustle on.

after 3 hours the checkpoints will close, and you go to the finish. count your ayyyos, put them in an envelope with all of your completed manifests and hand them in.

DO IT"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorcroth
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2015

If there's anyone who wants to work a checkpoint tmrw at Bostonopoly, hit me up at junkernaut at gee male.
    Otherwise come out and participate!
    see thread.

Save the Date - Cranksgiving - 11/21
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

An old coworker is throwing a race Saturday- Boston Tree Party. Looks like there aren't many people "going" so far."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Late notice, but MassBike is putting together a Nov. 1 ride from Boston-Salem-Boston. It's no Red Bull Witch Hunt (yet), but if anyone would like to join us, here is the facebook event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1648451175414545/

We'll meet at Equal Exchange in the West End at 9:00am, ride to Salem, get some pizza and beers at Flying Saucer, check out the halloween aftermath there, and ride home. About 40 miles round trip.

EDIT: Possible rain date - Sunday, November 8

• CommentAuthorslick
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015

NOV 6 - 7PM.......$5.00 FEE, ALL CASH TO 1ST PLACE!!!!!
    PM OR ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015

Secret Satan -- whats up?
    Can someone please give more details about that Nextel race?

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

puertoricaninboston:Can someone please give more details about that Nextel race?

Thanks!

Sounds like a dash for cash style race to me, something quick and winner has to buy all the drinks after. Probably 5 check points, probably dont need a bag or a lock. But don't quote me on any of it.roz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

puertoricaninboston:Can someone please give more details about that Nextel race?

Thanks!

Cop.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Cop.

lol I just moved to Boston and I want to ride fast!
    dick pics or you're definitely a copperDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    View post on imgur.com

Cranksgiving - November 21st.
    Registration, Copley, 1pm
    Race starts at 2pm

Afterparty Coppersmith in South Boston

No registration fee but plan to spend $10-$15 in food to donate to Somerville Homeless Coalition, Greater Boston Food Bank and the Red Cross.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2015

Pic from above link.
    Yeah, anyone doing Chanksgiving? Rare that a bike even doesn't collide with my work schedule. This one doesn't. If I don't have to help move skateboard ramps, I'm prolly going to go.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorlil' rhody
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2015

Rhode Island screening of the super excellent cyclocross movie "For the Love of Mud". December 8th, 6pm at the Cable Car Cinema in Providence

tickets and info here

B2C2 Bike Swap this wknd. Going who happens to have a vendor spot and would let me put a few items down? Nothing biNothing too big and no nothing too big. Don't have enough to justify a spot or even 1/4 spot this time.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016

EPIC! Stratton:B2C2 Bike Swap this wknd. Going who happens to have a vendor spot and would let me put a few items down? Nothing biNothing too big and no nothing too big. Don't have enough to justify a spot or even 1/4 spot this time.

Definitely going, and trying to sell my Crux, no need for a spot myself.

These swaps have really dwindled in size over the past 2 years since they moved them over to district hall. =[
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016

District Hall blowwwwwws.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016

if no one bought a spot...does anyone want to buy into one? i have tons of terrible retro-gear i need to get rid of.
    • CommentAuthorcroth
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2016 edited

•  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016

is going to a museum exhibit an event? if anyone's going to VT over the summer, some museum there is having an exhibit on the history of the bicycle http://henrysheldonmuseum.org/exhibits/pedaling-through-history-150-years-of-the-bicycle-the-collection-of-glenn-eames/
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016

Ooh, and while you're there you can bike the 6 Gaps.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    WHOS TRYNA LINK UP N RIDE FIXED BOSTONLOCALZ LETS BLAZE N SIP DA BREWS THN GO RIDE OR WATEVER FOOD OR WATEVER WHOS TRYNA LINK UP THIS WEEK OR WEEKEND SWAG GOONS TYPE RIDING FIXIE GOONS
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2016

^Awz yeahz!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness

cannot tell if from rotten.com...which would make this person as old as us...if not older.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

If anyone's looking for a road trip, there's going to be an awesome bike race through an abandoned train station organized (legitly! Permits and all) by old school messenger Rebecca Reiley the weekend after next - June 3-5. Free lodging and food at our place!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries

Babes Bike Boston is back for a 2nd year. Spread the word. Will be super dope. Ocean themed. Everyone (FTW or not) is invited to the after-party at POP Allston. Interested in volunteering? Shoot us an email at femmechanics@gmail.com

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/919684441493584/
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2016 edited

The midnight bike ride returns June 25, in a tweaked format. Hide your kids, hide your wife, tell your friends
    womanonawheel:

Babes Bike Boston is back for a 2nd year. Spread the word. Will be super dope. Ocean themed. Everyone (FTW or not) is invited to the after-party at POP Allston. Interested in volunteering? Shoot us an email at femmechanics@gmail.com

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/919684441493584/

this is saturday!
    afterparty at POP Allston starts at 6 goes til late.
    food, beer, live music, beer, party, bikes, etc, etc.
    well besides NACCC in nyc which I am attending is there anything going on in boston upcoming 2016 into 2017??