Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2011 edited

Having ridden from Boston to DC, I do not recommend doing it on a track bike.
    (But if you've ridden back to back fixed centuries with hills and you felt like you could ride for two more days, then more power to you.)We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2011

i wonder how cyclocrossworld feels about austin playing hipster during cx season. i thought he was a serious bike racer now?
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2011

I will be in baltimore and dc those nights in a bike related capacity. Where's the party at?e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorBach~ez
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2011

i dont think there is anything "hipster" about racing from Boston to D.C.

Check the FB event for Q&A: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=250101278346172mrotown: U lock them by the neck to a street sign!
    Bach~ez:i dont think there is anything "hipster" about racing from Boston to D.C.

Check the FB event for Q&A: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=250101278346172

if you're doing it on tark bieks in jeans, then yes
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Goddamnit Gary, you need to get better in the next two weeks so you can be my teammate. (Though I'm not sure I can actually ride it yet.)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

If anyone here is serious about doing this event, let's talk.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011

get ready for intergalactic critical mass partyness!! sept 30th - oct 2! mad events and dates TBA shortly, all put together by some great folks! exclamation point!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorpete
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011

Will add this to calendar once we have some last space details finalized over the next day or two, but for now, save the date:

CARGOCAT - A benefit race for Bikes to Rwanda. Saturday, October 22nd!
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011

alright. there are too many events to add to the list thing so here's the flier for intergalactic critical mass
    they have a website here http://intergalacticboston.wordpress.com/
    and a facebook event thing here that has more info than the flier http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=248437968531580

if you wanna help The Community Spoke! build up loaner bikes for out of towners to ride in the parade at HONK! come hang out this and next thursday (9/22 and 9/29)
    get in touch with us at http://www.facebook.com/#!/thecommunityspoke
    OK COOL!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorpete
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011

Ted King, professional rider and childhood friend of Maggie's sent the following email out about an event that's happening in Stratham, NH on October 15th.
    http://www.kingchallenge.org/eventinfo.php

It's a fundraiser for a nonprofit dedicated to brain injuries. Please read below:

------
    Hello,

I received a call from mom late in the morning of March 23, 2003. As a college student driving home from a weekend bike race, my world was rocked when as calmly as possible she uttered the word stroke. Dad, the pillar and cornerstone of my family, a healthy and happy father, a highly regarded orthopaedic surgeon had suffered a stroke very early in the morning and instantly became, in his words, “a prisoner in my own body.” His disabilities stem well beyond those of the physical realm, where simple calculations or straightforward ideas often require thorough explanation. Everything has changed.

In the process of piecing his life back together for the past eight and a half years, we found the Krempels Center - a nonprofit organization in Portsmouth, NH entirely dedicated to improving the lives of people with brain injury. The community of brain injury survivors, care givers, and family members that surround the Krempels Center is simply phenomenal and has been instrumental in helping Dad get back to where he is today.

One month from today marks the first annual Krempels King of the Road Challenge. For the better part of 2011 I have been working at length with an incredible team to facilitate this event with all benefits going toward the Krempels Center. With an exciting morning send off, three routes catering to all abilities, and a party waiting at the finish line, this event promises to be as incredibly fun as it is supremely philanthropic.

I don’t write soliciting emails (well, besides to go buy some t-shirts, but all of those profits go directly to the Krempels Center as well) so this is not easy for me. As a first annual event, we obviously want to make a statement and therefore make it successful. If you have the interest and the ability, regardless of the size, please consider making a donation to my fundraising page found here.

Thank you very much and I wish you a great fall,

Ted King

The event: www.KingChallenge.org
    The beneficiary: www.KrempelsCenter.org
    The fundraising page: www.active.com/donate/kingchallenge/TKing252
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2011 edited

awesome. my soon-to-be father-in-law is recovering from a stroke/heart transplant he had last year. will be donating, thanks for posting.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2011 edited

October's Courteous Mass Boston is going to be this coming Friday the 14th, at 6pm at Franklin Sq in the South End:
    http://tinyurl.com/courteousmassboston-oct2011

Hope to see lots of people there!!!

10/14 - Courteous Mass
    10/15 - Kremples King of the Road Challenge - Stratham, NH
    10/22 - CargoCAT: A Benefit Race for Bikes to Rwanda
    10/28 - Critical Mass
    11/25 - Critical Mass
    12/30 - Critical Mass::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Cranksgiving!!! Who's up for this?

http://cranksgiving.org/2010/Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2011

^I am, duh
    also going to halloween in ny.
    craig, come out and play!roz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011 edited

• CommentAuthorHowardR
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011

^^ Finally some Cranksgiving interest! Thought Boston peeps ditching this year...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2011 edited

10/22 - CargoCAT: A Benefit Race for Bikes to Rwanda
    10/28 - Critical Mass
    10/29 - HALLOWE'EN ALLEYCAT NYC- 2:30 PM Registration at the Brooklyn base of the WBB - NYC
    10/29-30 - Philly Bike EXPO - Philadelphia
    11/11 - VETERAN'S DAY HUSTLE
    11/12 - House Party Cat 4'sho - Philadelphia
    11/19 - BOSTONOPOLY II
    11/19 - Cranksgiving - NYC
    11/25 - Critical Mass
    12/30 - Critical Mass

Photobucketroz-berry-lime
    HUSTLEYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomar
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2011

10/28 - Critical Mass
    10/29 - HALLOWE'EN ALLEYCAT NYC- 2:30 PM Registration at the Brooklyn base of the WBB - NYC
    10/30 - Tour De La Mort - New Haven CT (5:30 registration, 6pm race. meet at flagpole on New Haven green)
    11/19 - BOSTONOPOLY II
    11/25 - Critical Mass
    12/30 - Critical Mass
    10/28 - Critical Mass
    10/29 - Bike Kill 8 - Bushwick, NYC
    10/30 - Tour De La Mort - New Haven CT (5:30 registration, 6pm race. meet at flagpole on New Haven green)
    11/19 - BOSTONOPOLY II
    11/25 - Critical Mass
    12/30 - Critical Mass
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2011

OMG ARE YOU LIVING IN BOSTON, NOT AN ASSHOLE, AND WANNA GO TO HOUSE PARTY CAT? YOU SHOULD LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED A PLACE TO STAY. BUT DON'T DO IT ON HERE BECAUSE I DON'T CHECK IT.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

^whatsthis?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

•  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2011

Who's coming out for Cranksgiving? Is it just me? its saturday in new york. registration 12:30, start at 2:00 @ solar 1 23rd street at east river
    more info: http://www.cranksgiving.org/roz-berry-lime
    • CommentAuthorHowardR
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011

I hope to make it back to Cranksgiving this year. Right now working on the housing situation
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2011

2.4.2012 - PONY UP 5
    4.28-29.2012 - BOSTON MESSENGER INVITATIONAL
    2/4 - PONY UP 5
    4/28-29 - BOSTON MESSENGER INVITATIONAL
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGOYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2012 edited

2/4 - PONY UP 5
    3/9 - 11 - Monstertrack 13 - New York
    4/28 - 29 - BOSTON MESSENGER INVITATIONAL
    5/24-28 NACCC Richmond 2012
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land IIroz-berry-lime
    YES!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    OH YEAHNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    5/19-20 - Battle of Comm Ave/Craig's 21st Birthday
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land II

In the planning stages right now. Stay tuned.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    This sounds crashy. Totally in.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    in more ways than one!Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012

watch, a week before the event craig is gonna hurt himself or get sick and cancel the eventroz-berry-lime
    • CommentAuthorObo
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2012

Roz:watch, a week before the event craig is gonna hurt himself or get sick and cancel the event
    I ONLY WEAR CAMPY CONDOMS WITH WHITE WRAPS - joeyfresh
    Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2012

3/31 - Back to Track: Alley Cat Race, Bike Show & Potential After Party
    5/19-20 - Battle of Comm Ave/Craig's 21st Birthday
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land II

If anyone wants to help let me know. Need photographers, CP workers & Bike show volunteers
    rosalind.patterson@massart.eduroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012 edited

Photobucket

If anyone wants to help let me know. Need photographers, CP workers & Bike show volunteers
    rosalind.patterson@massart.edu

FB: http://www.facebook.com/events/330428786994006/?context=createroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012

How exactly are no gears allowed if "all' bikes are allowed to participate? I'm confused!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2012 edited

track, fixed gear, conversions, single speed, mono cog, coaster bike and unicycles are all examples of what is allowed
    but if you're bike shifts gears, it's no go

for example: monster track is brakeless track only, this event is a bit more open to different riders

but please don't feel like if you only have road bikes, you can't come out. Theres gonna be a sweet bike show, beer, prizes and an after partyroz-berry-lime
    so single speeds only? ;]somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2012

^^Thanks! Anybody wanna help me build up my GT so I can race this bad boy?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Why aren't there more drag race-type events? My sense of direction is seriously garbage from years of using world maps and beacons in video games, so I know that doing any of this shit would end up with a flat tire in south fuck-all, calling someone for a ride.
    that's a grand idea, im going to start thinking of one for the fall.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    I wanna do a tandem drag race next valentine's day.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    CraigwithScissors:I wanna do a tandem drag race next valentine's day.

So good.
    CraigwithScissors:I wanna do drag next valentine's day.
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!