Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

EPIC! Stratton:
    CraigwithScissors:I wanna do drag next valentine's day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012

A lot of people say "i wanna do ________ type of race". As much as I love organizing events, it would be great for someone to finally do one.roz-berry-lime
    Yes that kind of drag race, guys...heh heh hehNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^^+1. take some damn initiative.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2012

josh_truant:Why aren't there more drag race-type events? My sense of direction is seriously garbage from years of using world maps and beacons in video games, so I know that doing any of this shit would end up with a flat tire in south fuck-all, calling someone for a ride.

there was one in october in winthrop sq.MUFFDVR
    Bomb down Beacon st. will occur some time this summer
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2012 edited

3/31 - Back to Track: Alley Cat Race, Bike Show & Potential After Party
    4/28 - 29 - BOSTON MESSENGER INVITATIONAL
    5/19-20 - Battle of Comm Ave/Craig's 21st Birthday
    5/24-28 NACCC Richmond 2012
    6/1 - 6-Pack Drag Races
    6/2 - Build, Bike, Destroy Alleycat

8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land II

details to come, will be fundraisers for affordable housing, all entry fees will be a donation.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    5/19-20 - Craig's 21st Birthday BBQ/Battle of Comm Ave/Hill Bombing championships. A Shah Paul production.
    6/1 - 6-Pack Drag Races
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land IINaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2012

please do not die on my doorstepascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2012 edited

5/18-20 - BEAST OF THE EAST - Pre-NACCC Philly http://beastoftheeast2012.com/
    5/19-20 - Craig's 21st Birthday BBQ/Battle of Comm Ave/Hill Bombing championships. A Shah Paul production.
    6/1 - 6-Pack Drag Races
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land IIroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthorjared45666
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2012 edited

4/21 - Philly Bike Formal
    6/1 - 6-Pack Drag Races
    6/30 - BOSTON BARBEQUE CAT II: TOUR DE FRANKS
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO

ONLY PROPER, GET WET STAY WET, MORE TO COME YA FUCKIN ANIMALS.Out of the K-hole & Into the kitchen
    • CommentAuthor1nput0utput
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012 edited

4/5 - Black Falcon Criterium, Boston
    6/1 - 6-Pack Drag Races
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    4/5 - Black Falcon Criterium, Boston
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land IIsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    BOOOOO why?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    surprisefries:BOOOOO why?

my sentiments about some of the above
    ^^hopefully it's only temporary, but I have to get my life a little more organized and make sure i'd even be able to get up to boston to throw it.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Fair enough. If it goes off I'll work a CP with babyfries.*

*some conditions applyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ahah, i'll give you one with alcohol don't worry.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2012 edited

4/12 - Black Falcon Criterium, Boston
    6/2 - Bike, Build, Demolish, Boston
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO

Bike, Build, Demolish is still tentative, but is posted as a placeholder for that date.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2012 edited

5/11 & 12 - Northeast Velodrome Track Clinic
    6/2 - Bike, Build, Demolish, Boston
    6/8 & 9 - Northeast Velodrome Track Clinic
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    7/27 & 28 - Northeast Velodrome Track Clinic
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO

Added the Northeast Velodrome track clinics. If anyone else is interested in doing either the June or July one I'd like to try to get a carpool going. It's $80 for a two-day session, not including a rental bike. Rentals are $15 and it's best to reserve one ahead of time. More info: http://northeastvelo.com/articles/2012-calendar-of-events-pg37.htm#Clinics.
    •  
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012 edited

7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO

(removed bike, build, demolish)somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2012

I would like to hear more details about this.^We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:5/19-20 - Craig's 21st Birthday BBQ/Battle of Comm Ave/Hill Bombing championships. A Shah Paul production.

I would like to hear more details about this.^

It will be an event, not necessarily a race. Possibly a short drag/circuit.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012 edited

Craig, you know I love you but you still didn't address my request.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:Craig, you know I love you but you still didn't address my request.

I'll let you know when I figure it out. Heh.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012 edited

Craigglesofdoom:

cramping my style

i am excited about BBQ cat 2
    leave the annoying girls home this time, though.

5/6 - The Community Spoke's monthly mobile repair clinic at Mass Ave & Prospect in Central. 3-6pm!
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO

added this months TCS! mobile clinicMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012

just got rid of the events that are past.

5/6 - The Community Spoke's monthly mobile repair clinic at Mass Ave & Prospect in Central. 3-6pm!
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    8/18 - Race to Candy Land IIroz-berry-lime
    5/25 - The Bar Crawl Cat.
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO

BAR CRAWL CAT.
    Start at a bar. Drink a beer. Race to the next bar. Last person has to buy the first person a beer.

Yeah? Yeah?

It's an idea I had.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    So basically just sprint/pound/sprint/pound?

edit: Or, each bar to bar trip is a new race where everyone starts together? That's a better idea, though the former would give people who can drink fast an advantage.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Yeah, each trip is a new race! Keeps things fair/drunk.

i.e. Start at Bar X. Everyone meets, orders, drinks a beer. Everyone goes outside, determines next destination, gets their bikes. Then it's 1-2-3 GO, race to Bar Y. First person there wins, and last person has to buy them a beer/drink at that bar. Repeat as necessary.

10 dollar maximum on the drink price? so no one orders a MacAllan 20 year on someone else's dollar.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    First person buys the last person a beer of the race-winner's choosing. Race for honor, drink for shame.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012

I think Paul is on to something here.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    im in.tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

HELMETS REQUIREDMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Everybody has to go buy a green Bern helmet for the event.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    joeyfresh:Everybody has to go buy a green Bern helmet for the event.

HAHA!tristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

grdnstofmnd:
    joeyfresh:Everybody has to go buy a green Bern helmet for the event.

HAHA!
    Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Both ideas are excellent.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012

Anybody going on the Cycle Kids Breakaway ride tomorrow?
    ALRIGHT. GETTING OFFICIAL. FIRST EVER BAR CRAWL CAT.

Friday Night. Meet at the Seals at the Aquarium at 8:30

We'll do this 6-pack-shuffle style. I'll bring some paper and a hat, we all write down two bars we want to go to (saying them aloud to prevent everyone writing the same damn place), toss em in the hat, and then draw. Race to the first bar. 1st place buys DFL a drink. We hang out for a bit, then draw again, rinse and repeat.

Weather looks like it'll be real nice.
    $10 max on drinks.
    Helmets/lights required. No dying. LGBHs need not apply.

Who's in?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    intristan - thats fucking rad dude, I'm happy for you.
    so for winning, you get to buy the loser a drink? that's real gentlemanly, but i don't ride for bragging rights.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    all places with fancy rootbeers on tap?
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012

Crawl is the right word. I'd ride as slowly as possible, then drink for free all night.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Or we could go with the original idea of the loser buying the winner a drink. Damn Paul givin me weird ideas.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    emphasis will hopefully be on punishment drinks (ie: michelob ultra, and invented cocktails (tequilla, cola, tomato juice and baileys comes to mind))You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMay 21st 2012 edited

though i'm not showing up to this, i think paul's idea is better. maybe then people will race to be slow, instead of tearing around the city while getting progressively more drunk and potentially hurt. /mom

also, calendar thread is for calendars, not conversation. start a thread for discussions & details, don't do it here. /mod

5/25 - The Bar Crawl Cat
    7/14 Rocky 10 (Philly)
    8/3-5 - CMWC CHICAGO
    ^that was kind of my thought as well. /conversationNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^^Calendar, not calender. /spellcheck
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2012

whatever, ted. maybe i was referring to the paper-making process.