Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2014

To be fair, a Dedham courthouse drop pays a bit more than $2.50.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014

To be fair is even $20 worth not bein able to ride for even 1 week? Try not ridin your horse for a week even without injury.. Lemme know cowboy.godspeed on the devils thunder
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014 edited

Guys its not about the work or the money, I just like going fast. I try to chill out when its necessary and not do stupid shit... I feel like I wasn't 100% with it when I wrecked last week though, it was the end of a long day and I was almost home, looking forward to a cold beer more than anything. My guess is I was looking at something happening on one side and the car came out of a blind spot elsewhere. Anyway, I've got face surgery to repair the fractures tomorrow... this should be interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist

Sorry i was being kindof a jock with that whole " cowboy " comment. I usedta like goin fast but after being injured and not being able to ride for 4 months? now it scares the shit outta me. Also theres the three month rule.. Irregardless! Goodluck with your surgery and may the devil grant you a speedy recovery :)godspeed on the devils thunder
    • CommentAuthormfratt

Yea I've gotten back on my bike the past few days and I've been super duper cautious. Like, yea theres totally a line there... but naaah I'll just stop and wait. I just wanna get back to work as soon as it makes sense though because (a) money and (b) I'm going crazy being inside all day.
    mfratt:I just like going fast.

Speed is meaningless without control.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014

mfratt, if you just like to go fast and have to open it up sometimes, can I suggest getting into racing if you don't already once you're healed up? I find that hundred milers take the edge off of my need for speed. That coupled with a few left hooks from inattentive drivers, watching my boyfriend spit up blood in the ER from an SUV cutting him off, etc. turned me into a MUCH more cautious city rider. I stick to town line sprints in the middle of nowhere and playing around in the trees these days.
    Sarah (at 30 Rack) hit the tracks on Huntington (S. Huntington??) and went down hard last night. She was taken to the hospital. I don't know much of the details. Shah called me at 2am, and told me what was going down. He went to the ER with her, and had someone locally take care of her bike. Shah and I texted a bit over the next hour. He said she was responsive, and seemed like end result was concussion and road rash.

Those. Fucking. Tracks. They have actually killed people before. Cyclists and Motorcyclists.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2014

better sue carlson.
    Oh shit! Ughhh I hate those tracks so fucking much. They're so useless and scary as shit.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Sarah just IMed me on Facebook. She will be in hospital until tomorrow, otherwise seem to be doing OK. If I have time I may try to stop by for a visit later on today.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorQue Sarah?
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014

Hey all. I don't really remember the crash, but i'm feeling better slowly but surely. Concussions are no fun, but hopefully I'll be back on my bike after a week or so. So glad that area isn't part of my daily commute. I reallh do want to write a letter to someone, though...
    Are you back at home? Need anything?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014

staying with a friend for the rest of the weekend. I'm all set. Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2014 edited

I used to live right next to the VA for a year, going down South Huntington is by far one of the worst rides that I've had to take on a regular basis just due to how the tracks are set up. Always used to panic that I'd slip up and end up on my ass.

Happy that you're alright and hope that you make a quick recovery Sarah!
    There is a ghost bike down there for a reason.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014

I'm so happy i'm alive. Could've been traumatic brain injury or worse. Actually i did ride over them once but it wasn't wet. The mbta also seems to think eveveryone should just be more cautious. Infuriating.
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2014 edited

Those tracks are a good excuse to get really good at bunny hops XD
    Here here to gnarly concussions and still being alive!
    Also be glad you don't have metal in your face and a wired shut jaw like I do after last weeks impact. FML.
    Even I were talking about those tracks the other night. Anyone ever DRIVEN on them when they are wet? They even make cars slide around a bit, esp when trying to stop.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthormfratt

chr|s sedition:Even I were talking about those tracks the other night. Anyone ever DRIVEN on them when they are wet? They even make cars slide around a bit, esp when trying to stop.

Its been a while since I've driven, but from what I recall I wouldn't even touch them in a car if they were wet.
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

^^they suck dry let alone wet.
    jeez dude, just saw this. Glad you are okay! not the end to Thursday that anyone needed.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2014

Believe me, I think I've read all the stories of car and cyclist accidents alike. From resident's parked cars getting damaged from commuters to cyclists getting killed. Insane. Mbta pretty much says watch where you're going. I've never been more thankful for plate sized bruises and occasional dizziness!
    If you do write a letter, make a copy of the letter and envelope and date, the city likes to say "nobody has ever complained" when the newspapers try to cover it.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^ And send a copy TO the newspapers...All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2014

I went over the handlebars on allston st after my two tires getting stuck in a rut. I moved to the right to give space to a oncoming car and didnt realize the lapse in the pavement til I couldnt get out. Fractured clavical and elbow. I walked to st e's and got treated. New bikese fine-just twisted the handlebars 90 degrees on the stem . Im now in a sling. 6-8 weeks BE cAREFUL everyone!
    WTF!?! You need anything, say the word!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    :((((somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    OH damn man, sorry to hear that.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    NOOOOOOONaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2014

Bummer! :-( glad nothings actually broken
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2014

We need to have some kind of invalid's ball for all our fallen brethren.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ^ 40-Shot Thursday: Everyone goes home on crutches.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Fatal motorcycle vs bike crash in Medford

A little worried since everyone I know is a 29-year old from Somerville.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2014

So sad, I was stuck in that traffic and had a really bad feeling about it."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014

tyler:I went over the handlebars on allston st after my two tires getting stuck in a rut. I moved to the right to give space to a oncoming car and didnt realize the lapse in the pavement til I couldnt get out. Fractured clavical and elbow. I walked to st e's and got treated. New bikese fine-just twisted the handlebars 90 degrees on the stem . Im now in a sling. 6-8 weeks BE cAREFUL everyone!

awww tylerrr! I'm sorry buddy :(

tinyhonkshus:Fatal motorcycle vs bike crash in Medford

A little worried since everyone I know is a 29-year old from Somerville.

:( dang. any more info on this?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2014

also tyler where on allston street were you? crossing the comm ave tracks?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Here's an article with more info on the medford crash:

http://somerville.wickedlocal.com/article/20140908/NEWS/140907204Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014 edited

I used to work the ambulance in Medford. If that is the intersection at MVP, it sucks, but surprisingly not a lot of incidents there. I lot of people blow that light coming from the "missing link" onto 16 east and to the right toward Somerville. Also, I've seen many cyclists blow that light at that intersection traveling east toward Somerville. One of my favorites was passing a drunk dude, solo, on a tandem bike swerving all over under that bridge. We stopped at the light and he kept going. Granted, this was 4AM, but still. I've also don't my fair share of fatal motorcycle accidents in Medford, which makes me never want to get on a motorcycle, ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2014

dora:also tyler where on allston street were you? crossing the comm ave tracks?

Nay I was going down the hill between washington and kelton. Right across from that little gated condo complex the tars all ripped up. Presumably it still is.
    Tomorrow I'm going in for surgery to reconnect my clavicle to my shoulder and scapula. That means another 6 weeks in a sling after and PT :(((
    So much for any "end of summer" rides. Also, I just moved to Somerville, but continue to work in Allston. I went from having a less than 10 minute commute by bike to an hour and half commute via bus and train. It's been two days and I already want to destroy the MBTA from the inside out.
    Hopefully see you all in the streets by Halloween!
    Ugh not again, bike v. garbage truck at Harvard and Inman. uhub linkDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2014

just gave me a heart attack.

my co-worked who isn't in yet and has a baby seat just like the one in the photos, fortunately his calendar has him elsewhere.

fuck it. hope they're alright.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

tyler:
    dora:also tyler where on allston street were you? crossing the comm ave tracks?

Nay I was going down the hill between washington and kelton. Right across from that little gated condo complex the tars all ripped up. Presumably it still is.
    Tomorrow I'm going in for surgery to reconnect my clavicle to my shoulder and scapula. That means another 6 weeks in a sling after and PT :(((
    So much for any "end of summer" rides. Also, I just moved to Somerville, but continue to work in Allston. I went from having a less than 10 minute commute by bike to an hour and half commute via bus and train. It's been two days and I already want to destroy the MBTA from the inside out.
    Hopefully see you all in the streets by Halloween!

awwwwwwwwww buddyyyyy :( that's the way I go to/from JP from my house. the road is totally all fucked up right there

ughhhhhhhhhh i'm sorry you have to have surgery and deal with the stupid MBTA!!!!!! :(((((((((((((((((((( that sucks!

do you have a trainer? you could hook that shit up in your house and go on some rides that way once you're feeling a little better! :)

best of luck with your surgery!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

surprisefries:Ugh not again, bike v. garbage truck at Harvard and Inman. uhub link

WTF!

hope they're ok :(Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    Where in Somerville you at? We need to get the Somerville crowd together more often. There are A LOT of us.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    dora:
    surprisefries:Ugh not again, bike v. garbage truck at Harvard and Inman. uhub link

WTF!

hope they're ok :(

Universal Hub twitter says non-life-threatening leg injury, DRIVER CITEDi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

chr|s sedition:Where in Somerville you at? We need to get the Somerville crowd together more often. There are A LOT of us.

yes, we can bring the party to you!

tinyhonkshus:
    dora:

WTF!

hope they're ok :(

Universal Hub twitter says non-life-threatening leg injury, DRIVER CITED

K GOOD :)Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    whoa, cited! and non-life threatening, whew.

Tyler lives not far from me, maybe a mile? This is totally doable.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2014

thx for the well wishes. My mom kidnapped me after the procedure and brought me down to the cape to mend me. I had some bolts and a plate put in to replace the ligament that was shorn from my clavicle. In other news, my elbow feels good!
    I'm very tired of the sling - I've had it on for almost 2 weeks and will need it for at least that going forward. But let's grab a pint when I'm back in town and not all whacked out on painkills! And this gives me time to assemble a road bike for when I'm all recup'd.
    ay tyler, sorry that happened boo :(
    but let me know if you have any tips for living in a sling. ill be in one for six weeks post shoulder surgery next thursday.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.