Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormike868y
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015

don't post on here much anymore but managed to get hit the other night at the intersection of garden and mass ave (right outside of harvard sq). i was going straight (east) on garden and the lady took a right turn from the left lane (in other words, cut across an empty lane) and just completely t-boned me. made it out alright, just a concussion. bike seems fine too, shockingly. also, was too stupid, stunned, and pissed off to call the cops so i rode home before realizing i really needed a trip to the hospital. pro tip: don't do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015

Oof. I'd ask around the area to see if there's any cameras, try to get that fucker to pay your hospital bills and get their insurance to increase appropriately."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthormike868y
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2015

thankfully i got her phone number and in my concussed stupor wrote down a partial plate. filed a police report the next day so hopefully the officer is able to track the lady down, considering she's been less than forthcoming with the insurance info (i think she might be foreign?). Allegedly she was test driving a car from a dealership, which just adds another level of complexity.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2016

Got side swiped around 6 on Beacon in Brookline. My right side is pretty sore, getting xrays now. Barbie's front end is pretty fucked and will probably need a new fork and front wheel of the entire thing isn't totalled.

So prior to me taking it to get appraised, anyone have a 1" threaded fork for a 56 that I can grab? Otherwise I'll probably try and find a 1" carbon threadless.
    D:i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorMJ

tinyhonkshus:D:

Update:

Xrays came back clear, ultrasounds showed no internal bleeding. yaaayyyyyyy.

None the less, I can't lift my right arm, pretty heavy rib pain on my right side, ankles sore as fuck.

I'm not dead, so there's that at least!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Holeee shit, did they stop?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Nandy:Holeee shit, did they stop?

Yeah, from the little recollection I have, the guy was cutting across traffic from the middle/outside lane to get to the parking at the center next to where the green line tracks are. I tried to swerve but he continued and I bounced off his drivers side door at about 15mph or so. Never hit the ground, and basically hopped until I was at a standstill screaming because of how hard I had hit my ribs. Sat down and waited until the cops showed up and went from there.

Definitely going to be sore for a few days, and I guess the bonus was finally figuring out that my masshealth actually works since my new insurance hasn't kicked in yet. Just sucks because I had left my apartment maybe 2 minutes earlier and I wasn't even 500ft away.
    uggh glad y'all are alright more or lessDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

surprisefries:uggh glad y'all are alright more or less

Yeah, I may have cracked a rib, but that's the extent of anything major. Still a little bit sore overall, but I'm still up and about at least.

Barbie on the other hand, front wheel's toast, bent chainring, derailleur(s) and hanger. Still waiting to hear back about that one from the insurance company, but I'm sure that'll get sorted pretty quick.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2016

https://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2016/02/22/cambridge-police-officer-put-paid-leave-after-possible-hit-and-run/SZrdpAjvvpobg39Jd2ZgkJ/story.html

Possible hit and run by off-duty Cambridge PD, cyclist hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries. Still under investigation.
    charged!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Bicyclist punched in face by motorist on Mass Ave in Cambridge yesterday (3/24) during am commute. Here's a thread on the Boston subreddit for more info.

The person was on a Hubway.
    Someone got right hooked by a truck at Mass and Sydney, sounds non life-threatening.

uhubDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2016

Biked past a cyclist hit near Market Basket in Somerville - he was sitting up and there were plenty of emergency responders there. I didn't see it happen.
    saw that too. half his face was skinned and there was an ambulance on its waysomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2016

who generally runs the ghost bike things? or is it sort of "well, this person was our friend."
    I'm not sure, is ghostbikes.org still being used? I may have parts to donate.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2016

i can get us a free bike easy. i just don't want to drag a pile of junk there if there's already one standing.
    • CommentAuthorDoubleL
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2016

There's a memorial bike planning group on facebook that has been handling most of them, mainly through BCU and other members of the advocacy community

There's a Vigil being hosted on Wednesday night, info here
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016

Cyclist hit by Enterprise van right hooking into parking garage on Merrimac St yesterday morning. Female cyclist, cop on scene, she looked to be sitting up and maybe not too hurt.
    Cyclist killed by commuter rail in Somerville. Apparently he rode around the gates at Park St.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrmull
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2016

Fatal crash in Porter Square this morning.

https://twitter.com/CambridgePolice/status/783645126610464768
    http://cambridge.wickedlocal.com/news/20161005/breaking-cyclist-killed-after-crash-with-truck-in-cambridges-porter-square
    fuck.

Why are we still allowing semis to drive around during rush hour?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben

"Just got a call from a sobbing friend who came upon a cyclist/semi truck accident in Porter Square. Described scene as "pile of goo.""

From twitter

Apparently the same intersection where a pedestrian was killed in February.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

surprisefries:fuck.

Why are we still allowing semis to drive around during rush hour?

Yes, this. I'll never understand why there isn't a truck ban during rush hour.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorggreggg

ben:
    "Just got a call from a sobbing friend who came upon a cyclist/semi truck accident in Porter Square. Described scene as "pile of goo.""

fuckin yikes manenjoy two cosmetics
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

ben:

From twitter

Apparently the same intersection where a pedestrian was killed in February.

That was my mom's friend.